What would YOU find dissapointing in GT5?

• Thread starter Devedander
  • 1,011 comments
I think we will see a lot of DLC and updates for this game. The disc is already 50gb and there were time contraints.
Once it released they PD unlimited room to release anything they want as time goes on.

Hopefully they don't just forget about GT5 and they keep updating it alongside production of gt6.

I don't care even if its 100gb worth of updates, I have the space for gt anytime.

The only thing I find disappointing is that I dont have it. Not long now tho, finally! I think too many people expect everything from this game, what it delivers will be awesome. No need to be disappointed

I was a little disappointed in lack of tracks from previous GT's not in the list. But I'm confident they will offer DLC in the future. Remember when they updated Prologue and added High Speed Ring I'm hoping will get similar updates in the future.

first disapointment- only 230 cars with cockpit view, BIGGEST disapointment- Bugatti Veyron is a standard car. I don't understand all of the cars from GTPSP that became premium while they leave out the twice world record holding, top gear power lap champ, and top gear car of the decade. There is no logic that can explain it. Seriously, an '05 Z06 and '06 ZO6 are premium but the veryon isn't? it makes no sense & I've lost all faith in the franchise. they may make the best games but the car lists are so unbalanced and rediculous it ruins the fun for me

An unnecessary amount of Skylines, Mazdas, Toyotas again, and not enough European cars - the new Aston Martin V8 Vantage etc.

they raped aston martin in general. nothing new for aston martins but we 2 silvias only a production year apart on top of the other 5 that are premium. it's like PD just includes top gear for the money because they clearly aren't paying attention to what cars are relevant

El Capitan has gone missing, which was my favorite GT4 track, and where I tested out my cars/setups. I kind of see why it was cut, the scenery was nice, but the second half of the course was pretty bland. I guess I'll have to use the track creator to come up with a randomly generated track for testing--I'm sure if I make enough courses, one will be pretty good.

Overall, I'm still pretty happy. Official info is out, most of it looks good. I wouldn't know the difference between standard and premium cars anyway--maybe I'll grow to like the interior view on GT5, but I sure don't use it in prologue. As long as standard cars are fairly adjustable, I'll get along just fine with my MR-S touring car. If standard cars aren't so adjustable, I'll have to make another post in here...

The only thing I find disappointing is that I dont have it. Not long now tho, finally! I think too many people expect everything from this game, what it delivers will be awesome. No need to be disappointed

I think because the long wait? its like a law, more time=more expect?

I've been saying that I would be dissapointed if the did'nt fix the crappy car sounds, and so far for what I've seen and heard looks like I WON'T BE!!
I'm still waiting for the actual game, but from the leaked vids the sound is really decent I am very much looking forward to the game!

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on this so I'll keep it here.

Anyone getting nervous about the damage situation?
Seen a few vids and TBH not a lot impresses me.
Big crashes minimal effect. Maybe the odd dent after a 170mph head on into a barrier and that's it.
Mechanical damage which I feel is more important seems to have packed up and gone home.

Hope I'm wrong.

Big crashes minimal effect. Maybe the odd dent after a 170mph head on into a barrier and that's it.
Mechanical damage which I feel is more important seems to have packed up and gone home.

Hope I'm wrong.

Have we seen a video with hardest difficulty, that's suppose to have the most realistic damage I believe..

Hope I'm wrong.

I kind of assumed mechanical damage was done and done pretty well... now that I think about it I don't know why other than it has been done in enough other games I would be surprised if they didn't get it right...

Then again :ill:

The question was put to Tekken who has been kind enough to upload stuff.
He couldn't find the option to adjust it.

Any how the gallardo vid showed his bumper hanging down a bit.
That was after some huge crashes mind.

He said he will put up a NASCAR vid later. That should show something.
I was under the impression that Premium sports real time damage.
Standard sports pre-canned.

Who knows.

I'm not to concerned about the damage models. I hope they are good but if not it will not have a negative impact on my gaming. I try not to wreck whenever possible :)

I liked the damage mode in NFS Porsche Unleased. Not so much the visual portion although that was not bad for it's time but mainly for the performance hits and the cost of repairing the car after a mishap. One wrong move to put you in the red on any given race. I remember one race where I was driving a 95 993 and was flying down the track well ahead of the pack. I took one corner a little wide and there was a truck parked beside the road. I just barely caught the rear tire of the truck with the corner of my front bumper and it smashed in my left front fender and sent me into a spin. Before I could get it back under control the second place car came around the corner and slamed me in the rear sending me off the track and into a building then bounced back onto the track and hit again by another car.

When I finaly got the car back on the track it was so beat up it would barely roll, I finished dead last by a large margin won little or no credits and had about 1/4 million in damages. This could be very frsutrating but it made the game so much sweeter overall.

Edit: btw on that game the individual parts got damaged at different levels. If you had modified the car and kept the stock parts you could put them back on to partially repair the car. So if your tranny got broken you could repair it by putting in the stock tranny, same for brakes, shocks, tires, exhaust, body panels, bumpers and so on. Was a really nice setup actually.

I don't have any disappointments, I'm ready to be surprised by Kaz and his tricks anyhow.

But I will be ever so slightly disappointed if the Fiat 500 isn't race-modifiable to some form of 500 Abarth looky-likey.

I'm not to concerned about the damage models. I hope they are good but if not it will not have a negative impact on my gaming. I try not to wreck whenever possible :)

See that's the thing roadhog.
You try to avoid wrecking where ever possible.
I presume that means a good track etiquette and not taking too many risks.

Now remove consequence.

Take away consequence for your actions and you are not rewarded for good clean driving.
In effect, online anyways, it promotes bad driving.
Using cars infront as brakes. Wall grinding around corners at speeds that shouldn't be possible.

This is why I feel a good mechanical damage system should be in place.

Agree the good mechanical damage model is much more important than the visual component.

I also think there should be hefty repair costs for those damages as I mentioned were in the old NFS game.

Edit: How cool would it be that if someone slammed you from behind that they had to cover the cost of the repairs to your car as well as thier own?

Agree the good mechanical damage model is much more important than the visual component.

I also think there should be hefty repair costs for those damages as I mentioned were in the old NFS game.

Edit: How cool would it be that if someone slammed you from behind that they had to cover the cost of the repairs to your car as well as thier own?

Mate go and check the NASCAR vid in the game play footage thread.

Can't post link sorry. iPhone.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I really hope the slipsteam effect has been reduced to a realistic level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipuiRogHJ3I

That video makes me doubt it. At about 3min in the lead car gets caught from behind by a corvette. The vet goes by much faster, driver moves into its slip and within a few seconds is faster he is faster than the vet. Does not seem realistic at all. I'll hold off on final judgment though, not quite enough to go on yet.

The question was put to Tekken who has been kind enough to upload stuff.
He couldn't find the option to adjust it.

I see to recall the damage was tied to difficulty setting and not freely changeable...

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I really hope the slipsteam effect has been reduced to a realistic level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipuiRogHJ3I

That video makes me doubt it. At about 3min in the lead car gets caught from behind by a corvette. The vet goes by much faster, driver moves into its slip and within a few seconds is faster he is faster than the vet. Does not seem realistic at all. I'll hold off on final judgment though, not quite enough to go on yet.

Sadly it seems very much to be in full force... when he is tailing the vette he is doing 350 but on a later straight he tops out at 325 pretty solidly... 25km/hr boos from drafting...

Everyone stop moaning about the damage the tracks and anything else. You haven't even played the game yet so how can you be moaning about it. No one cares if the fiat 5oo isn't race custamizable. It would be cool if it is. And also you can't moan about the lack of tracks because there is 63 tracks plus a randomly generating track creator. You can have endless tracks.

The real disappointment for me is EXP for A-Spec, but gives an atmosphere of becoming a megasuperdupercoolracerwith9999carsingarage.
And random cars in dealerships menu, its ok for used cars but not for these :(

Mate go and check the NASCAR vid in the game play footage thread.

Can't post link sorry. iPhone.
I saw the nascar video and I have a hard time believing this is an example of the full damage mode. I guess I will see for myself when I start playing.

The real disappointment for me is EXP for A-Spec, but gives an atmosphere of becoming a megasuperdupercoolracerwith9999carsingarage.
And random cars in dealerships menu, its ok for used cars but not for these :(

Random cars?! That can't be right..

Latest Posts

Back