What would you like to see on the livery editor on GT7?

-Group, cut, copy, paste

-Retain color history, it will be there when opening a new session

-in addition to what we have now in scale & rotation information, also need global position location of decal

-Ability to change windshield banner color, without using shapes (there is a issue where a shape does not fill the full width)

-unless I'm not seeing it, like in Gt Sport editor to directly face the car in left, right, front, top, etc., positions when applying decals

-Group, cut, copy, paste

-Retain color history, it will be there when opening a new session

-in addition to what we have now in scale & rotation information, also need global position location of decal

-Ability to change windshield banner color, without using shapes (there is a issue where a shape does not fill the full width)

-unless I'm not seeing it, like in Gt Sport editor to directly face the car in left, right, front, top, etc., positions when applying decals
Yes! I agree with all of these. Also in the menu with the blue “add decal” button there’s an option next to it which helps select camera view.

Yes! I agree with all of these. Also in the menu with the blue “add decal” button there’s an option next to it which helps select camera view.
Finally noticed the button:dopey:, also it is keeping the color history

1. Grouping decals for functions like copy/paste, move as one, etc.
2. Allow decals the same color choices as paints so "special" colors can be used on decals and solid/pearl/metallic textures can be used on decals when using 'standard' colors. The colorshift, large flake stripes on the Lexus LF-LC GT VGT are an example.
3. Allow for small/large flake clearcoat over existing paint so paints like colorshifts can be made flaked.
4. Place a moveable/rotateable/scaleable template grid on cars for easier decal alignment.
5. Be able to find decals ported over from GTS so they can be used on multiple designs.
6. Link to the GTS decal database along with its search engine. Being able to search for older decals was a great help...
7. Allow for copying of decals and decal groups from one area of the car to another. Example: copy a group of decals from the side to the hood.
8. Be able to save content search decals so you don't have to search for them each time you want to use them.
9. Add a RGB with saturation color selector so colors can be created from mixing different amounts of red, green & blue instead of just picking the color from the current spectrum slider.
10. Be able to add tire stickers to ANY car.

Other: Thank you, GT for the 'Direct Input' functions added thus far...

Last edited:
1. Grouping decals for functions like copy/paste, move as one, etc.
2. Allow decals the same color choices as paints so "special" colors can be used on decals and solid/pearl/metallic textures can be used on decals when using 'standard' colors. The colorshift, large flake stripes on the Lexus LF-LC GT VGT are an example.
3. Allow for small/large flake clearcoat over existing paint so paints like colorshifts can be made flaked.
4. Place a moveable/rotateable/scaleable template grid on cars for easier decal alignment.
5. Be able to find decals ported over from GTS so they can be used on multiple designs.
6. Link to the GTS decal database along with its search engine. Being able to search for older decals was a great help...
7. Allow for copying of decals and decal groups from one area of the car to another. Example: copy a group of decals from the side to the hood.
8. Be able to save content search decals so you don't have to search for them each time you want to use them.
9. Add a RGB with saturation color selector so colors can be created from mixing different amounts of red, green & blue instead of just picking the color from the current spectrum slider.
10. Be able to add tire stickers to ANY car.

Other: Thank you, GT for the 'Direct Input' functions added thus far...
I agree wholeheartedly!

PS. It is possible to convert a desired RGB to an HSV value and enter that in the Color picker.

Here's a link to a converter...

Filter to exclude “uneditable“ styles, and styles for “wide” cars.
Definitely! If I have a car I have no interest in adding a widebody kit to, I don't want to wade through pages of them searching out a decent style.

Also the ability to view styles in upload order, rather than the first few pages being the ones with most likes, and THEN defaulting to date order.

• Stripes that will go the whole length of the car (bonnet, wing, bumpers, other...)
  • Grouping and even merging decals. Maybe saving them in a private library.
  • Being able to use all colours for decals.

...and, of course, some good advice now and then. :lol:
Se.JPG

That only works for decals you created yourself, or was it changed recently. I know I can sort my own decals that way, but downloads?

They need coordinates in higher detail, slant values, cartesian coordinates. When you duplicate a decal it should automatically have selected the new decal like in GT sport instead of having to click it again. When you press back from a decal the cursor should hover over it from the decal select menu so you know which decal you were editing

I'd like to do a video on what we all would like to see for the livery editor in GT7, what would you guys like the most?
For me:
-ability to group decals
-moving the sport mode numberplate
-text editor with fonts
-'simple' editor as an option(like f1, pc3)

Please let me know by what username I should credit you!

I'd like to do a video on what we all would like to see for the livery editor in GT7, what would you guys like the most?
For me:
-ability to group decals
-moving the sport mode numberplate
-text editor with fonts
-'simple' editor as an option(like f1, pc3)

Please let me know by what username I should credit you!
Body kit creator or used body kit parts store. Tire sidewall decals. Headlight decals.

Rearrange the standard liveries.

Change the colours of the standard liveries

Tyre branding

Keep the tyre branding of the standard livery

Use of the window decals

Keep the window decals of the standard liveries

Removal of number plates

Headlight film for ALL cars(separate from headlight covers, that could be available from the tuning parts or GTAuto)
We got a few of these:

• Keep the tyre branding of the standard liveries
  • Use of the window declas
  • Removal of number plate(s) front
  • Instead of headlight film, we got different headlight bulb hues

Slightly off topic. The biggest thing I want to see is a way to sort wide from regular body's in the Styles section once you guys do your awesome work. I don't have the patience or skill many of you do to make anything I like myself. Too often I find a style I like but it's for wide body's. I generally don't like Wide and for a bad reason. I don't like the way the wide marker shows up in the garage listings.

Back