What would you like to see on the livery editor on GT7?

Honestly? The thing I want the most is the various skins we've seen in the FIAGTCs, or at least have them for the Red Bull X2019 and/or the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept.
Providing you with liveries is not the function of an editor, but it does allow you to make any livery you see,

Honestly? The thing I want the most is the various skins we've seen in the FIAGTCs, or at least have them for the Red Bull X2019 and/or the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept.
I had the idea of these (and AI liveries) being Mileage Exchange items, alongside real liveries for SF19 (I think this was used for their 2020 esports exhibition race). Maybe this will also work for NASCAR should it returns to GT7, with players receiving base model in dealerships and official liveries being Mileage Exchange items (to avoid duplicates like in GT5/GT6 and logistical issues like the clean/dirty 2011 R18s and the different engined SF19s).

[LIVERY EDITOR]
Decal grouping
Text input
Decals can be applied to glass
Individual wheel colouring
Area in which we can place the race number panel
Larger SVG file size
Apply finish (Metallic, pearlescent etc) to custom decals
Ability to use a paint on stock decals.

[RACE SUITS]
Greatly increased editable area.

I would really like to see the ability to link a livery with a race suit wherein you don't have to select them separately.

Last edited:
Honestly, I really do like the idea of skins provided by the game, especially special liveries like those resembling the "stealth models," the chrome line cars, and the 15th Anniversary livery. But otherwise, I really look forward to seeing how they change the livery editor - hopefully it won't just be a port of the GT Sport livery editor, and that it'll nicely compliment the customization we'll get in GT7. I personally don't know if I'll bother with the livery editor as much as I plan to install parts like diffusers or rear wings, but I'm hoping the livery editor in GT7 will offer enough to me that I'd be more incentivized to play with it.

Yeah, but I’d like to both have a robust livery editor, and perhaps a series of official skins.
We get it, you want to see skins in the game. You've already posted this before multiple times in multiple places.

I'd like to do a video on what we all would like to see for the livery editor in GT7, what would you guys like the most?
For me:
-ability to group decals
-moving the sport mode numberplate
-text editor with fonts
-'simple' editor as an option(like f1, pc3)

Please let me know by what username I should credit you!
I think there should be a way to use metallic decal texture, and make rear wheels different colors than front ones. I also would want to be able to make custom windshield banners.

Thing is, I would rather a metallic decal option, than to try to construct the decal to look metallic.
PD have done this with their layers in certain cars. The GR.4 Genesis has matte black paint, chrome layer and gloss decals. Imagine having the same options.

As mentioned above, can't stress enough about colouring different wheels. Also, colouring any wheel centre. Different look if I could paint the 300SEL wheels like this.
images (52).jpeg

The GR.4 Genesis has matte black paint, chrome layer and gloss decals.
Every part/decal in a car's default livery that isn't stripped by the remove default livery prompt is actually a separate object, which would allowed for that, as demonstrated by this culling/camera issue in the 2011 R18 (note the P1 logo):
1632345098977.png

1632345124567.png

Custom liveries, meanwhile are one singular UV/texture map - hence why some cars also have lower quality in-race textures with custom liveries equipped, and why decals in a custom livery cannot (presently) have different materials.

Last edited:
Car colors:
- When you purchase car into your garage, you can use that color on livery editor into other cars also. I think we had that feature also in gran turismo 6?

Wheels:
- Same as below. Back in the day we had also used wheels category. most likely we could buy some original wheels from other cars, so it was possible to fit skylines wheels into silvia or audi rs wheels into vw golf... but little updated version could be we can use all of our garage wheels into other cars also.

Interiors:
  • Different styles of steering wheels and bucket seats.
  • Colorable roll gages and harnesses.
  • Racing style matte/suede style dashboards and interior panels.
  • Gauges and clusters can be changed into digital info display or add some autometer gauges for exta information

Another thing I like to have in GT7 what's not in GT:S is the ability to link/group multiple stickers together so you can change the color of all those stickers at the same time or just to copy or move a group of stickers... All the time i've spent changing all the stickers colors one by one every time has cost me so much time.

Last edited:
1. Custom tire lettering. Or universal tire lettering application

2. Tweaking pre-existing liveries either user made or developer made. No more commissioning two different versions of the same design.
3. More comprehensive decal search engine.

4. More comprehensive livery search engine

Car colors:
- When you purchase car into your garage, you can use that color on livery editor into other cars also. I think we had that feature also in gran turismo 6?
Yeah, that would be a very good. Remember just buying a car for have the special colour of its brand.
As my parents car is a golf VI I love the colour „deep black perleffekt“ and „tornadorot“ how it is selled in germany. So most of my just had these colours.

Also the Rosso Alfa was brilliant🤩

I really hope the liveries you made in GT Sport will carry over to GT7, also custom stickers that you uploaded, that's the only things I want to be able to transfer though, wouldn't want my garage imported, want to start blanco but I do want to have the liveries for when I do get those cars!

Ability to save presets. For instance, if I edit a shot with a punchy black and white or vintage style, I’d like to option to save that style to easily apply to other pictures, even those I already took in the past from my gallery.

Pardon me for not having read every previous post in this thread. But have interiors been mentioned yet? The ability to change - or even customize -colors of the interior would be most welcome.

Pardon me for not having read every previous post in this thread. But have interiors been mentioned yet? The ability to change - or even customize -colors of the interior would be most welcome.
Following on from that, an easy way to actually see all the work that has gone into the interiors.

I really hope the liveries you made in GT Sport will carry over to GT7, also custom stickers that you uploaded, that's the only things I want to be able to transfer though, wouldn't want my garage imported, want to start blanco but I do want to have the liveries for when I do get those cars!
while I would love to see liveries carry over, I don't think it will after seeing some cars shown (the Lamborghini GT3 for example), having more areas to place decals, therefor the mapping is technically no longer the same as they were in GTS. So likely, all liveries will need to be remade from scratch.

As for decals, I can see this potentially being viable to carry over from Sport, but only time will tell.

I am not a big brain in IT, but I really think that GT Sport and GT7 are separated in all things, because both are different games. In my opinion it is alright that we have to create everything again - 50 Million Gulf liveries, too.

So I just hope for the people who have much decals that they saved them all, because there will be again an option for load up decals.
It is confirmed, because in trailers we can see a search function inside the livery editor, which must be more useful than now in GT Sport.
This shows again, that both games are different.

I am not a big brain in IT, but I really think that GT Sport and GT7 are separated in all things, because both are different games. In my opinion it is alright that we have to create everything again - 50 Million Gulf liveries, too.

So I just hope for the people who have much decals that they saved them all, because there will be again an option for load up decals.
It is confirmed, because in trailers we can see a search function inside the livery editor, which must be more useful than now in GT Sport.
This shows again, that both games are different.
SVG files are written in XML. XML is a mark up language like HTML. It's not specific to a game, a console, or anything. As the SVG files are stored on a Amazon webserver, independently of the game, or console, there is no reason why they can't carry over. You can in fact access them now with the same browser you're viewing the forum in.

Liveries themselves are likely a bit more complicated, but I expect they use a similar principle.

Having to recreate liveries again would be exceptionally bad form by PD.

Back