What would you like to see on the livery editor on GT7?

• Group decals
  • Stamp decals (so place more of the same in a row)
  • Paint them metallic or pearl
  • 1 click copy to otherside
  • Ability to add stroke
  • 2 color mode on imported SVG's, or make only certain areas paintable
  • Paint on windows or add possibility to change windscreen banners
  • Remove rims, tires and numberplates from designs!

And number plate designs from around the world included, rather than relying on users to upload templates.
I like that idea, but there are so many locations and countries around the world that there will bound to be some locations excluded. :indiff:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but i'd love to edit liveries i take from other people. I am useless at liveries so i download from users who make theirs available but wish i could tweak a few things.

if i a being super greedy, would love a once click auto function to take a livery and apply it to a different car.

Probably repeating what others have said, but:

• group decals together to be able to move as one unit, and copy/paste to other parts of the car, or even to other cars (license plates is the big one for me)

• decals on windows, but that seems to be coming, which is great!

• ability to paint different sections of wheels different colours

• adding decals to wheels

• moving the Sport Mode number plates to custom locations

• ability to paint brake calipres

• window tinting

• headlight/tail light tinting

• decals on tire sidewalls

• ability to hang mascots off the rear bumper lol

• custom interiors (within reason). Gauge colours, mascot hanging off rear view mirror, stuff like that

I'd like to use ALL the color choices on decals, not just the standard colors. By that, I mean I want to be able to color them using the special colors you get from the Mileage Points "store". If we can paint a car a gold or chrome color, why can't we use those colors for decals, too?

would love to paint the front and rear wheels different colors, i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to implement. separate front and rear wheels would also be tight!

I was just about to derail a different thread big time. So, I’ll post here.

The sharing of liveries also includes wheels. If we can share a car with aero parts fitted, that opens up a whole new community.
There are many players that will collect everything. They’ll have the time to do so. For those that have limited time, the LE could be a time saver.
Say a player wants a specific wheel and aero package, maybe they can request a friend create that package and share it. All a player has to do, buy the car(if not acquired already) and/or select the livery. Done.
Now, as far as power increase, in GTS, that isnt shared. Similar to the lowered suspension tuning not transferring. However, if the custom exhaust tip transfers as part of the visual aspect of the livery, at least the player adding the livery, has the look they requested.

Scanned the thread so I would not double post…
Still, I did not see a suggestion for adjusting ET, wheel width, or how the wheels are placed in the wells. Most cars look fine in the standard form, but some cars would benefit from the ability to adjust these. Especially cars that have ”staggered fitment” with different wheel widths front and rear. Changing to alternative wheeldesigns makes them look odd, with either too wide/deep fronts or too shallow/narrow rears.

Still, I did not see a suggestion for adjusting ET, wheel width, or how the wheels are placed in the wells. Most cars look fine in the standard form, but some cars would benefit from the ability to adjust these. Especially cars that have ”staggered fitment” with different wheel widths front and rear. Changing to alternative wheeldesigns makes them look odd, with either too wide/deep fronts or too shallow/narrow rears.
1.jpg

I think they already confirmed that, no idea about the level of adjustment and if it's available for all the cars.

Yes. Check here
To add, as above with the offset, widebody kits are avaluable
F73D17F0-B03B-454B-8E65-D8F7E325EEC2.png

if i a being super greedy, would love a once click auto function to take a livery and apply it to a different car.
If the added that I think it would be more like Dirt 5 where the liveries are more like presets, I think it would be hard to optimize a livery for something like a Ferrari 458 into something like the Turn 14 BRZ. Interesting idea though.

I think it would be amazing if there was an automatic way to export your design from one car to another. Obviously it would be imperfect but I don't think it would be impossible. You could then manually adjust things to correct for variation in body shape.

Would love to be able to group decals and also save them to a clipboard for use on other sections of the car. Also, more font types, and being able to select a size for the font and then just typing the words I want. Resizing letters one by one is slow and hard to get perfect.

I'd like the option to paint the car without removing the carbon parts.

In GTS, if you decide to paint the car, you don't have an option to paint only the main body. You automatically paint everything first and only then you can separately paint the body, hood and spoiler.

The problem with that is that you lose any carbon parts.

Last week I was creating a Castrol livery for this BMW. The spoiler is made out of carbon and I really like the looks, but since I can't paint the car without having that removed, I had to "paint" the whole car with red/green decals.

Vx8WVjk.jpg

I think images are better than my words :lol:

This is the original spoiler from the car above
EtxYEm9.png

If you click "paint" or "racing options" the decals are automatically removed
0SMe1in.png

Since you are forced to "paint all" first, there's no way to paint only the main body or hood without removing the carbon
MtDJAQG.png

so we ended up losing these carbon parts too
SlFuS1L.png
s17SUUo.png

And like I said before, the only workaround is to "paint" the car with decals. Same thing with normal cars, like this Diablo.
It looks good in yellow, but let's say you want a new paint. These are the carbon parts you lose:
Cf8iUCE.png
X0Sqx47.png

Everything in red below are the carbon parts that you automatically lose if you just want a new paint.
9J2u0h3.png

Yes, I know there's plenty of user made carbon decals and I'm really glad they're there, but honestly, it's just too much work and it doesn't look that good like the default option.

I'd like the option to paint the car without removing the carbon parts.

In GTS, if you decide to paint the car, you don't have an option to paint only the main body. You automatically paint everything first and only then you can separately paint the body, hood and spoiler.

The problem with that is that you lose any carbon parts.

Last week I was creating a Castrol livery for this BMW. The spoiler is made out of carbon and I really like the looks, but since I can't paint the car without having that removed, I had to "paint" the whole car with red/green decals.

Vx8WVjk.jpg

I think images are better than my words :lol:

This is the original spoiler from the car above
EtxYEm9.png

If you click "paint" or "racing options" the decals are automatically removed
0SMe1in.png

Since you are forced to "paint all" first, there's no way to paint only the main body or hood without removing the carbon
MtDJAQG.png

so we ended up losing these carbon parts too
SlFuS1L.png
s17SUUo.png

And like I said before, the only workaround is to "paint" the car with decals. Same thing with normal cars, like this Diablo.
It looks good in yellow, but let's say you want a new paint. These are the carbon parts you lose:
Cf8iUCE.png
X0Sqx47.png

Everything in red below are the carbon parts that you automatically lose if you just want a new paint.
9J2u0h3.png

Yes, I know there's plenty of user made carbon decals and I'm really glad they're there, but honestly, it's just too much work and it doesn't look that good like the default option.
Can't you just apply one large decal to the whole body selection avoiding the special sections and wing? It would work for the Livery you were copying above. Unless you specifically wanted a special colour.

Can't you just apply one large decal to the whole body selection avoiding the special sections and wing? It would work for the Livery you were copying above. Unless you specifically wanted a special colour.
Right. The specific color are what many players want to choose. Having to paint the whole car gold and losing that carbon, is a pain. It’d work better if we could select original Color after painting the whole car.

Can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this before, but I’d like a subtract option. It’ll make it easier than having to line up two separate decals!

Scratch this one off the list - Windows decals!
e8O6QGZ.png

Option to paint the whole part with carbon?
VXUFPde.png
Check the bonnet pin. Were Those lights in the bottom of the grill always there?

Lots going on there. Outdoor scene Sunny. The front bumper is removed.

Last edited:
Some of the axes are misaligned on some cars in GT sport, those need to be fixed as do some of the number board placements. There's really no major issues that PD need to fix except maybe the ability to have two metallic paints on the same body part.

These^^

• Chrome/special colored decals
  • Ability to keep original tires on some cars
-Tire decals for all cars including more additions such as white walls
- Aftermarket bumpers/spoilers
I would like it if each decals texture, Matt, gloss, powder could be individually chosen. So when I put a vent, or duct on a car it looks like an opening. Put a decal on a and use powder, when the light reflects off the body it's glossy but when it tries to reflect off a powder surface it looks like an opening in the body. Great for ducts etc. Not great for added details to the body though. #mod, #widebody in-game to visit my gallery. Thanks

Back