What would you rather like PD to do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strittan
  • 81 comments
  • 4,788 views

What would you like PD to do?

  • Keep GT5 updated with downloadable content until the Playstation 4 gets here.

    Votes: 97 66.4%
  • Work on GT6 and release it on the Playstation 3.

    Votes: 49 33.6%

  • Total voters
    146

Strittan

Premium
Messages
4,246
Sweden
Sweden
Messages
Strittan
A bit early for a thread like this maybe, but either it stays or it gets locked.

I know Kazunori has mentioned he is already working on Gran Turismo 6, but is it a very smart move to make another game for this generation of consoles? I may be wrong, but I actually think the Playstation 4 is not too many years away, and releasing GT6 for Playstation 3 perhaps only one or two years before Playstation 4 is released will make the game grow old before we know it.

GT4 was released in Europe just about a year before the PS3 was released, and I felt that it didn't last very long because of this. It was also just about a year after the release of GT4 that we saw the first glimpse of GT5, in a GTHD teaser during the 2006 Tokyo Game Show, and in my opinion GT4 immediately felt "old" and much less exciting. This is what I fear will be the case if GT6 comes to the PS3 instead of the PS4.

I don't see what the problem is with keeping GT5 up to date as long as possible with DLC, and then making GT6 for the next generation.

What do you feel about this?
 
i like dlc, no waiting and its new things to do after you get semi-bored.
 
Well, Kaz didn't really have a problem with DLC overall..........just the stuff you might have to pay for........and besides, many of our fellow GT enthusiasts are going to want it anyway, so we can rule out any lack of extra content, pretty much.

I really do think that PD should try to develop GT6 into the best it can be...........how about 2,000 cars and a compromise between Standard and Premium model features?
 
Definitely work on GT6.

Quite a few advantages in that.

-We don't get the good stuff in GT5? Put it on GT6 = expectations would be better satisfied (as compared to now)
-Better chance of GT6 being on the PS3 rather than the next generation
-The time used to develop GT6 instead of DLC content
-Missed content on GT5 will be placed on GT6 and thus more content

Think of GT5 as a recession.

GT6 will flourish.
 
i prefer DLC, we can get packs with premium cars so GT5 become what it should have been, a good amount of premium cars is the only important thing missing in the game, everything else is excellent or very good, if we get a GT6 in the PS3 then with GT7 will happen the same thing than with GT5, a long long long time without a new GT, if we get DLC they can keep us entertained a couple of years more and begin developing GT6 for the launch of PS4

but either way it's ok for me, i want the DLC because that will give us something new much sonner than waiting for GT6, and i really need some more premium cars
 
I would like DLC so long as it is free. Add prologue style cockpit views to standard cars, but only the dashboard, steering wheel and driver. So long as its accurate for that specific car.

I really don't think PD should work on GT6 right now. They need to put it on the back burner. GT5 is perfectly fine it just needs some big overhauls to its standard cars and more tracks.
 
I guess I wouldn't mind some free DLC... :P
 
Update GT5. That way both games will be larger and have more features than otherwise.
 
The PS3 is a powerful machine, that won't need to be replaced for a long time. Work on GT6, and pick up where GT5 left off. Give it to us by 2012.
 
I voted on adding DLC to GT5. I think that Gran Turismo will keep me occupied for a very long time (even with it's flaws), and especially if they were to add DLC. I love the GT series, but am not so anxious to get the next one until at least a new system is released.
 
Definitely work on GT6.

Quite a few advantages in that.

-We don't get the good stuff in GT5? Put it on GT6 = expectations would be better satisfied (as compared to now)
-Better chance of GT6 being on the PS3 rather than the next generation
-The time used to develop GT6 instead of DLC content
-Missed content on GT5 will be placed on GT6 and thus more content

Think of GT5 as a recession.

GT6 will flourish.
I seriously can't see how GT6 would bring that many new things, other than more cars and tracks.

We have weather, day/night, damage, high/low beams, reverse lights, skid marks and private online races with up to 16 players. What else do we need?
 
Definitely work on GT6.

Quite a few advantages in that.

-We don't get the good stuff in GT5? Put it on GT6 = expectations would be better satisfied (as compared to now)
-Better chance of GT6 being on the PS3 rather than the next generation
-The time used to develop GT6 instead of DLC content
-Missed content on GT5 will be placed on GT6 and thus more content

Think of GT5 as a recession.

GT6 will flourish.

Sounds okay, but we *need* DLC content{everyone else does it}..........and besides if Sony got rid of that, I can bet you a good 80% of the fans would be tee'd off{even myself}.

In fact, no wait, GT6 on the PS3 is actually a BAD idea........sorry. 👎

PD could just do 2,000 cars{and save the premium stuff as DLC}, revive all the tracks{I could care less about the Top Gear Track, though}, and add even more new ones, improve tuning options, etc.......................and if Sony gets better management, we could see a release date somewhere in the neighborhood of anywhere from late 2013 to mid to late 2014............and, it'd be more than worth it.

Again, let me reiterate this: I know most of us were frustrated at the constant delays of GT5, but releasing GT6 before the PS4 comes out{or maybe even before 2013, IMHO}, would probably be a colossal mistake on SCEJ's part.
 
I seriously can't see how GT6 would bring that many new things, other than more cars and tracks.

We have weather, day/night, damage, high/low beams, reverse lights, skid marks and private online races with up to 16 players. What else do we need?

You're exactly right. That is why we don't need to wait for GT6 to come out just for more cars and tracks. We can get all that through DLC, and it would still be a great game.
 
Well he's probably working on a livery editor and adding bikes.

I just wish they go back to basics.
300 premiums with a even balance of classic to recent cars and an even balance from around the globe.

More tracks.

Leave out the noveltys.
 
Wow, I'm surprised so many people prefer DLC? I actually can't stand it unless it's a new mode that changes gameplay in some way. I prefer them to work on GT6, a mid 2012 release would be nice.

I seriously can't see how GT6 would bring that many new things, other than more cars and tracks.

We have weather, day/night, damage, high/low beams, reverse lights, skid marks and private online races with up to 16 players. What else do we need?

Weather, day/night, damage on all tracks and cars for starters. But the reason I think we should get a new game is that I think, the biggest and best change GT5 brought is Karts and Nascar. If PD was smart they would start including all car sports with their Rules into their game. F1, Super GT, Drag Racing, X-games, drifting competition etc, that will be the future of GT.
 
For starters:

Those things applied more consistently would be nice.
Of course, and why not give us an update with day/night/weather on all tracks then? If it's not possible through DLC, it's not possible in GT6 this generation either.
 
GT6 of course and i'm glad that Kaz said they are started to work on it already.
Some DLC for GT5 would be nice as well, but new game is always better for me, than dlc for the old one.
Also, i wouldn't expect a PS4 release anytime soon (like untill late 2013 if not longer) and even if it's a GT game... do you really think someone would bother with regular and quaility DLC for a 3 yeard old game, hell, even a 1 year old game?
 
I would need to know more details.

Is the DLC for GT5 free or paid?

If paid what value does it offer? Am I paying $5 to make a standard premium, or am I paying $10 for 100 new premium cars?

Either way how does it segregate the online community?

If it's free does it effectively screw over people without high speed internet?

Would GT6 allow them to do more in a more polished way than DLC for GT5?

How much would GT6 cost?

Would it be "complete" or would it also be subject to DLC? And if DLC same questions as above?

It's too complicated to just say...

Personally obviously the most favorable for me is they keep giving me free DLC of everything they finish to add on to my GT5.

That's not a sound busines decision though and ultimatley I think GT5 is proof that they CAN do the things they want to do, they now switch from "create new features" to "impliment processes" mode and will start cranking out premium content, weather maps and day night maps as their focus instead of spending man hours developing new stuff. Thus finishing GT6 in a couple of years and effectively selling us 1 real GT game for PS3 (GT6) and 2 demos (GT5P and GT5) thus tripling their revenue from what amounts to one game.

I fully expect GT6 to be mostly GT5 without any of the half way done ness and as such I don't think it's a good idea to push it onto PS4 or else we risk a repeate of GT5 on PS4 where 4 years in we finally get a game that it turns out looks like a lightly updated version of GT5.
 
The PS3 is a powerful machine, that won't need to be replaced for a long time. Work on GT6, and pick up where GT5 left off. Give it to us by 2012.

Yeah, Pete, I can understand everybody being all frustrated about GT5's constant delays, but I honestly wouldn't mind waiting another 12-18 months afterwards, for much more content....................but I suppose releasing it around Nov. or Dec. of that year, along with loads of bonus content{all free stuff, too, if Kaz has his way} for the next 2, 3, or even 4 years, might work out okay as well. Ultimately, it's PD's decision, but I hope they'll REALLY start listening to their fans, especially those outside Japan{no offense intended to anyone}.
 
A bit early for a thread like this maybe, but either it stays or it gets locked.

I know Kazunori has mentioned he is already working on Gran Turismo 6, but is it a very smart move to make another game for this generation of consoles? I may be wrong, but I actually think the Playstation 4 is not too many years away, and releasing GT6 for Playstation 3 perhaps only one or two years before Playstation 4 is released will make the game grow old before we know it.

GT4 was released in Europe just about a year before the PS3 was released, and I felt that it didn't last very long because of this. It was also just about a year after the release of GT4 that we saw the first glimpse of GT5, in a GTHD teaser during the 2006 Tokyo Game Show, and in my opinion GT4 immediately felt "old" and much less exciting. This is what I fear will be the case if GT6 comes to the PS3 instead of the PS4.

I don't see what the problem is with keeping GT5 up to date as long as possible with DLC, and then making GT6 for the next generation.

What do you feel about this?
every PS thus far has two GT series, im sure GT6 will be on the PS3. it shouldnt take that long since they can copy everything from GT5 and just add to it.
 
I seriously can't see how GT6 would bring that many new things, other than more cars and tracks.

We have weather, day/night, damage, high/low beams, reverse lights, skid marks and private online races with up to 16 players. What else do we need?

Apparently we need a lot more. GTPlanet is in shambles.

If it's not possible through DLC, it's not possible in GT6 this generation either.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?!
 
Need more choices in your vote. I want them to work on GT6 for the next gen system. Why?? Kaz already said the PS3 it at or near it's capabilities. Id' like to see them stretch their legs a bit more and turn GT6 into one of the first next gen releases. They can build off of what they have for GT5. I may be wrong and GT6 may be coming on PS3. If that's the case, I wouldn't expect it to be much better when it comes to quality of premium cars and that kind of stuff, but I'd hope to see more content, like more tracks with dynamic time and weather and all premium cars.
 
Just do both.

Make GT6 for the PS3 and along the way release some of the new cars/tracks as DLC for GT5.

GT6 will always sell, regardless of what extras they add to GT5 beforehand.

This would be win for everyone concerned.
 
If it's not possible in GT5, then how the hell can it be possible in GT6 on the same hardware?

That's not necessarily true and it's one of the things I mentioned in my post in this thread...

It's entirely possible that a rewrite of the graphics and lighting engine might free up some resources that could be put to new use in GT6 however replacing a graphics engine via DLC might be beyond reasonable.

There are ways in which a full new release can do things that DLC can't...
 
Just do both.

Make GT6 for the PS3 and along the way release some of the new cars/tracks as DLC for GT5.

GT6 will always sell, regardless of what extras they add to GT5 beforehand.

This would be win for everyone concerned.

What this guy said. 👍
 
That's not necessarily true and it's one of the things I mentioned in my post in this thread...

It's entirely possible that a rewrite of the graphics and lighting engine might free up some resources that could be put to new use in GT6 however replacing a graphics engine via DLC might be beyond reasonable.

There are ways in which a full new release can do things that DLC can't...
Since weather and day/night is currently featured on the Nürburgring 24h track, do you really think they need to replace the graphics engine in order to add weather and day/night to all the other tracks, which are all much smaller than Nürburgring?
 
Examples?

Improved physics (a lot complained on the snow course video) severity of damage, fixing shadow bugs, more premium cars, etc. etc.

If it's not possible in GT5, then how the hell can it be possible in GT6 on the same hardware?

Seriously? If PD can implement rain on the 24H version of Nurburgring, they can pretty much implement it on all the tracks. Need more space? BDXL supports 100GB versions.

You were comparing DLC and GT6, by the way. Not GT5 itself.
 
Back