What would you rather like PD to do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strittan
  • 81 comments
  • 4,788 views

What would you like PD to do?

  • Keep GT5 updated with downloadable content until the Playstation 4 gets here.

    Votes: 97 66.4%
  • Work on GT6 and release it on the Playstation 3.

    Votes: 49 33.6%

  • Total voters
    146
Just do both.

Make GT6 for the PS3 and along the way release some of the new cars/tracks as DLC for GT5.

GT6 will always sell, regardless of what extras they add to GT5 beforehand.

This would be win for everyone concerned.

This brings up an interesting question... let's say that GT6 was exactly the same as GT5 except it was all premium.

Every new track had been released as free DLC for GT5 and every new car also free DLC. The only difference is that GT6 updates the 800 standards to premium.

Would you still buy it then?

Because if so that means you would pay the full price of a game just to get premiums - which kind of screws the current argument of "premiums vs standars isn't that important, it's the physics" and if you wouldn't buy it, then it ruins the theory GT6 would sell regardless ;)
 
This brings up an interesting question... let's say that GT6 was exactly the same as GT5 except it was all premium.

Every new track had been released as free DLC for GT5 and every new car also free DLC. The only difference is that GT6 updates the 800 standards to premium.

Would you still buy it then?

Because if so that means you would pay the full price of a game just to get premiums - which kind of screws the current argument of "premiums vs standars isn't that important, it's the physics" and if you wouldn't buy it, then it ruins the theory GT6 would sell regardless ;)

You're assuming that they can't improve the physics from the GT5 build, and they can't add more features.

I'm sure no one thought that they would add a track generator when they were playing Prologue.
 
How about keep at work on GT6 and have spec updates for GT5 with game fixes and a few extras like cars and tracks?
 
Improved physics (a lot complained on the snow course video) severity of damage, fixing shadow bugs, more premium cars, etc. etc.
Pretty sure all those can be provided to us by DLC.


Seriously? If PD can implement rain on the 24H version of Nurburgring, they can pretty much implement it on all the tracks. Need more space? BDXL supports 100GB versions.
Oh, so it's about the blu-ray disc space limitations. I consider myself defeated then.

You were comparing DLC and GT6, by the way. Not GT5 itself.
Ok, I'm sorry... or something.
 
Since weather and day/night is currently featured on the Nürburgring 24h track, do you really think they need to replace the graphics engine in order to add weather and day/night to all the other tracks, which are all much smaller than Nürburgring?

I am saying potentially they could do yet more... not just fill in what we have... maybe a new feature or more cars on track at once if they could free up resources elsewhere... just an example of what might be possible.
 
Personally I think it is possible to do both. As new cars and tracks are made for GT6 some of them could be DLC for GT5.
 
It's kind of early to debate about this anyway.

Just please, PD, DON'T MAKE A PSP GAME WHILE WORKING ON GT6.

*cough* Thank you.
 
Do you know bloody amazons description says.
More tracks than ever before.
As well as some other gems. Have a read, it's quite funny.

Sorry for off topic.

Amazon Uk btw.
 
Personally I think it is possible to do both. As new cars and tracks are made for GT6 some of them could be DLC for GT5.

This is exactly what I came in here to say. I think it'd be a fantastic idea. They'll be able to release content for GT5 while simultaneously building up the library for GT6. Of course they'd have to leave "some" content out but we want some new surprises in GT6, don't we?
 
A bit early for a thread like this maybe, but either it stays or it gets locked.

I know Kazunori has mentioned he is already working on Gran Turismo 6, but is it a very smart move to make another game for this generation of consoles? I may be wrong, but I actually think the Playstation 4 is not too many years away, and releasing GT6 for Playstation 3 perhaps only one or two years before Playstation 4 is released will make the game grow old before we know it.

GT4 was released in Europe just about a year before the PS3 was released, and I felt that it didn't last very long because of this. It was also just about a year after the release of GT4 that we saw the first glimpse of GT5, in a GTHD teaser during the 2006 Tokyo Game Show, and in my opinion GT4 immediately felt "old" and much less exciting. This is what I fear will be the case if GT6 comes to the PS3 instead of the PS4.

I don't see what the problem is with keeping GT5 up to date as long as possible with DLC, and then making GT6 for the next generation.

What do you feel about this?

I agree. GT6 could be the perfected version of GT5 meaning all the cars will have cockpits and the tons of cars PD left out of GT5 because apparently they haven't seen top gear in ten years should be in GT6 but does that really need to be another game? GT6 probably won't and doesn't need to be innovative so what's the point in this day in age where we can greatly change a game just through updates and patches? I say just start working on perfecting GT5 and soon, start work on the PS4 as soon as there's enough info for them to work with. GT6 will probably be better but not really in any way that can't be done through patches
 
If they developed GT6 to be on the PS4, we wouldn't see it until 2018 or something like that. I bet we won't see the PS4 until 2104 or 2015.

I think they should develop GT6 for the PS3 and not continue to work on GT5 except for perhaps any glitches and maybe a car pack here and there. We didn't have any DLC previously and we managed. I think GT6 should be their highest priority.
 
The PS3 is only now starting to really build momentum after the first couple of years were spent in the red. Sony has a 10 year plan for the PS3, so unless you want to wait another 6-7 years for GT6,then I suggest they release it on the ps3.
 
I would like the game to be a Driving Simulator rather than a Japanese Driving Simulator.
 
It's kind of early to debate about this anyway.

Just please, PD, DON'T MAKE A PSP GAME WHILE WORKING ON GT6.

*cough* Thank you.

I disagree man. I would love to see GT 2 PSP or GT for the PSP 2. I play that game more than anything else so I'm all for another one. hopefully with new cars and tuning parts. besides that it's great how it is. I could care less about the lack of career mode everyone whines about
 
I would like the game to be a Driving Simulator rather than a Japanese Driving Simulator.

I'm not a Japanese car fan, but to say that it's the Japanese Driving Simulator is quite ignorant. I would like to see more cars from America and Europe, but it's not like they have completely neglected them.
 
I don't see the need for GT6 on PS3. It would just be GT5 with new cars, tracks and features, which could all be given as DLC. Would be easier for PD to develop, and probably cheaper for the fans in the long run.
 
I agree. GT6 could be the perfected version of GT5 meaning all the cars will have cockpits and the tons of cars PD left out of GT5 because apparently they haven't seen top gear in ten years should be in GT6 but does that really need to be another game? GT6 probably won't and doesn't need to be innovative so what's the point in this day in age where we can greatly change a game just through updates and patches? I say just start working on perfecting GT5 and soon, start work on the PS4 as soon as there's enough info for them to work with. GT6 will probably be better but not really in any way that can't be done through patches
This. 👍
 
I seriously can't see how GT6 would bring that many new things, other than more cars and tracks.

We have weather, day/night, damage, high/low beams, reverse lights, skid marks and private online races with up to 16 players. What else do we need?

I agree. GT6 doesn't need any real new features. All we need is weather/night cycle on all tracks, damage on all cars, and cockpit view on all cars. Plus we need DLC for all the cars PD didn't know about because they apparently don't pay attention to the automotive industry nowadays. How could they leave out the ariel atom, aston martin DBS DBR9 Vanquish S and One-77, gumpert, noble, ascari, KOENIGSEGG, caparo t1 (if it's a real driving sim it will catch on fire lol) Chrysler ME412, 100s of Ferraris, reventon, trophy trucks, SSC (I hate the ultimate aero but how can it not be in the game? yea it's a piece of garbage but it should be in GT5 to prove that to people who are nieve), and the veyron SS as well as hundreds of other incredible special edition cars that are more important that the originals. it's just crazy the amount of promotion GT5 has for top gear yet they don't watch the show at all. if they did, THEY WOULD KNOW HOW STUPID ADDING A RANDOM ISUZU CONCEPT, AN ARMY, JEEP, FIAT 500 AND ALL THE OTHER USELESS CRAP THAT SHOULDN"T BE PREMIUM CARS OR IN THE GAME AT ALL. Add some group B cars to the premium list, NOT A PRIUS!!!!
 
It's kind of early to debate about this anyway.

Just please, PD, DON'T MAKE A PSP GAME WHILE WORKING ON GT6.

*cough* Thank you.

It's kind of telling that before the game releases interest has turned into how best to rectify it's shortcomings... I mean you would hope that kind of thing would take a few months at least to take hold.
 
I personally believe that GT6 should be a PS4 counsel release title avalible right when the PS4 comes out. We all know how much of a failing start the PS3 kicked off with, as exclusive titles lacked in the past PS3 counsel release. Learning from this, releasing GT6 as a counsel release title would most definitely boost Sony and PD's sales.
Besides, this gives PD a more advanced system to work with, and Kaz even said himself that the PS3 was limited. I personally want GT6 to be the most freaking awesome title of all time, and if you do too, you can agree that this should be the right choice for them to make. I am very sure that GT5 will satisfy all for a very, VERY long time, so there is no need to rush GT6 to the PS3.
Besides, making even more premium models, cars, tracks, etc. will take PD alot of time, as we are all well aware, so what better way than to wait for the PS4 to release??
 
GT6 probably won't and doesn't need to be innovative so what's the point in this day in age where we can greatly change a game just through updates and patches?
Because updates and patches aren't some kind of magical solution to everything, and designing games around the idea that they are is lazy?
 
Is both an option? I want GT6 on PS3, hell no, I'm not buying a PS4. I want DLC for GT5 though, at this point the game is kind of incomplete, if you guys can agree.

The devs that don't have anything to do with DLC can work on GT6. The rest can work on DLC.

I want DLC, and I am Willing to pay for it no matter what.
 
Just please, PD, DON'T MAKE A PSP GAME WHILE WORKING ON GT6.
PSP2 are coming with some crazy specs and the smallest fullhd screen in the world. Sony will force Kaz to make GTPSP2 as they did that already with 1st PSP. I just hope if that will happens... it will be a normal GT this time. -.-

Back on topic.
Any DLC will never make enough profit as a new 60$/euro game, at least for now.

Besides, PD already got graphical engine and physical engine for GT on PS3, they don't need to develop something new, they just need to improve what they have now, add new cars/tracks and here's our new GT game a.k.a. GT6.
That was like that with GT1/2 and GT3/4 and i bet it'll be like that with GT5/6 as well.
Or maybe you hate GT2/4 too?

And i really don't think we'll see PS4 in next 3 years, so that means PD won't have SDK for PS4 for the next 2+ years.
With their "super fast" development speed you won't see a PS4 GT in year or two after PS4 will be released, that mean no new GT for the next 5 years again? No thanks, i would rather get new GT6 in 2 - 3 years.
And if just use a common sense... did they spent 60 - 80$ and 6 years of their lives for a just 1 game? I don't think so.
And i'll say it again, DLC as it is these days is just small (but sometimes nice) addons to the original game. Maps, tracks, cars, weapons... that's it. Don't expect improved physics engine or better shadows as a DLC and especially as a free patches. ^^
 
I am pretty sure GT5 and GT6 will share quite a bit of compatibility. So i hope they'll manage to release new cars and tracks as DLC and work on GT6 in parallel.
 
DLC if that means more Premium cars, tracks, and possible livery editor or body modifications. I think if they can add these things then that will make gt5 what it was suppose to be and will hold us off for gt6. GT6 I think should be a ps4 title so Kaz can get closer to his vision!
 
With DLC, we will only get new cars and tracks .. and less likely a new feature .. is it ?

Well, we haven't played the game yet even if the car/track list is out, maybe when you will play the game you might feel that the content is fine but lacking a bit.

You know what? I think if they start working on GT6 by adding new cars/tracks and "Kaz Vision". Can they port the tracks and some of the cars to GT5? This happened with PGR3/PGR4. PGR3's DLC cars were available for free in PGR4 ... I think this is a good idea as long as porting doesn't take a long time .. Wait! GT6 will be using GT5 code so ..

But if they're releasing new tracks, it would be nice to have events for them so we can race the AI, just like NFS Shift DLC Track. And rather than 8-10 cars per month, I want 20-27 cars per 2-3.5 months :D ...That's just me! I vote for both!
 
What ever you guys say i don't care. Im missing hundreds of new cars in the game. Downloadable car packs should be there. Not making new car packs will only show how ignorant PD is. You guys are so dump!! you're asking for GT6 even before you put ur hands on GT5. God i can't believe this crap. Same story everytime. We will not be happy for GT5, never happy for GT6 and neither GT7. And the reason is, a Gran Turismo game will always lack with something. Just don't let GT5 lack with new cars please.
 
Do you know bloody amazons description says.
More tracks than ever before.
As well as some other gems. Have a read, it's quite funny.

Sorry for off topic.

Amazon Uk btw.

That is what Sony provides Amazon. That is on the official GT5 fact sheet.
 
Back