- 307

- São Paulo
- Stradivis
I voted for GT6, considering it will be released for the PS3.
First of all, the PS3 still has some juice on it. Or a lot of juice. It has Bluray, it can do 3D, so it's not behind the tech curve. I don't see Sony releasing the PS4 any time soon, considering now that the PS3 is becoming profitable.
Also, PD won't make a release game. They'll get to know the hardware. Every GT game seems to defy the possibilities of the PS in which it's released (and all other consoles, for the matter).
If tradition and history says something, is that there are 2 GT titles for every PS.
A full game can bring much more than DLC, even if it's running in the same base engine.
I have faith PD has what it takes to extract all that juice from the PS3. As they did with the PS2. Boot up GT4 or TT, and you'll see something that was unthinkable for a game system released in 1999. 1080i resolution? Those reflections? Those car models? Yes, they did it.
Also, if you note, from GT to GT2 and from GT3 to GT4, there was more than just an increase in content (cars and tracks) There were new modes, improved graphics and physics, etc.
Maybe the debate should be around the development cycles for GT. Should it be based on smaller cycles, like Forza/Dirt/NFS? Should they drop some things to focus on others? Like focusing on GT6 instead of making GT6P, GTPSP2, TT2. Abolish those slower cars and focus on faster beats?
The idea of DLC can be interesting if free (I'd hate to pay $30 in content for a $60 game), but I'd be happier if those guys were focusing on a new better GT.
Peace.
First of all, the PS3 still has some juice on it. Or a lot of juice. It has Bluray, it can do 3D, so it's not behind the tech curve. I don't see Sony releasing the PS4 any time soon, considering now that the PS3 is becoming profitable.
Also, PD won't make a release game. They'll get to know the hardware. Every GT game seems to defy the possibilities of the PS in which it's released (and all other consoles, for the matter).
If tradition and history says something, is that there are 2 GT titles for every PS.
A full game can bring much more than DLC, even if it's running in the same base engine.
I have faith PD has what it takes to extract all that juice from the PS3. As they did with the PS2. Boot up GT4 or TT, and you'll see something that was unthinkable for a game system released in 1999. 1080i resolution? Those reflections? Those car models? Yes, they did it.
Also, if you note, from GT to GT2 and from GT3 to GT4, there was more than just an increase in content (cars and tracks) There were new modes, improved graphics and physics, etc.
Maybe the debate should be around the development cycles for GT. Should it be based on smaller cycles, like Forza/Dirt/NFS? Should they drop some things to focus on others? Like focusing on GT6 instead of making GT6P, GTPSP2, TT2. Abolish those slower cars and focus on faster beats?
The idea of DLC can be interesting if free (I'd hate to pay $30 in content for a $60 game), but I'd be happier if those guys were focusing on a new better GT.
Peace.