What would you recommend as the best car to start drifting with?

• Thread starter Rogue8
  • 303 comments
The s2000 spec v directly from the honda dealership and the sileighty were easy for me to drift. Both very easy to control

I think the best car is as everyone says s14,s15, 240sx or hachiroku (trueno 86), but i find a stock evo vIII with all aids off the best. I developed it from time to time and its very drifter friendly. I'll post some pics soon.

Whatever.
Every time i see someone say that the 86 is BEGINNER FRIENDLY i get the feeling they have never played the game.
The 86 is hella understeery stock.

Whatever.
Every time i see someone say that the 86 is BEGINNER FRIENDLY i get the feeling they have never played the game.
The 86 is hella understeery stock.

Please be respectful to other users opinions. Though it is a way of drifting the Evo 3 is still AWD, its not going to be the same as the 86 because of the Weight, power, Drive train and turning characteristics. Some may say the MR2 is better because of the MR layout and its Oversteer drug.

I am respectful, atleast i didnt mean any disrespect. Isnt the point of forums to get some HEALTHY discussion going?

And i didnt understand your second sentence. Care to elaborate?

it's cool, you weren't going after the person just the thought. So there's no problem.

THE MONARO!!!

The monaro is the most fun i have come across in the game for drifting and i would recommend i t to any drifter of any level!!! beginners will find it particularly balanced and a natural drifter and with an injection of power the V8 will get you as sideways as you can imagine perfect for the drift veteran looking for a long slide!!

start out with full racing suspension but just lower it don't fiddle too much!!! I promise she will slide!! chuck on some N1 or N2's depending on your skill level (N2's for beginners) and make sure you do up your transmission with a full cust and clutch and flywheel for smoother drifting, a big dip in revs with a gear change mid drift can kill your drift and thats no fun! (this is assuming your in an auto...)

a bit of brake and feint into the corner and stick your boot (or finger) into the throttle and power on through the bend! make sure you turn before the corner with this car and really slide through the apex at an angle for maximum driftage!!

Its originally an ozzy car and they nailed the looks!! though it was blessed with more power when handed over to Pontiac to tinker with, they made it but ugly with that grill stuck on the front end.

The best car fer me to drift is the bmw m3 cls
all i did was buy some n1 tires a 3 plate clutch and the racing suspension; i never even tweaked the suspension cause the only problem with it is snap back and i deal with it by carefull ds2 inputs.

i can link those weird 90 degree turns on the begginer apricot;;;tis heka sweet

you should work on the proper language ;)
I personally believe a only power and drivetrain-modded AE86 is the wonderful car to start with, it actally can power through a hairpin.

start out with full racing suspension but just lower it don't fiddle too much!!! I promise she will slide!! chuck on some N1 or N2's depending on your skill level (N2's for beginners) and make sure you do up your transmission with a full cust and clutch and flywheel for smoother drifting, a big dip in revs with a gear change mid drift can kill your drift and thats no fun! (this is assuming your in an auto...)

Since when are N2's for beginners?

you should work on the proper language ;)
I personally believe a only power and drivetrain-modded AE86 is the wonderful car to start with, it actally can power through a hairpin.

how much power do you recomend adding to the shuichi version?;;cause it feels to weak 4 me

since that car isn't really that powerfull and has a pretty smooth power band i find the N2 tires are quite reasonable enough to keep the car in control.

Of course it depends on your driving style... for example when i drift i don't necessarily drift FAST just enough to make the corner work

Anyway i wasn't saying N2's are for beginners in general just that they work well on this car.

Of course you wouldn't put N2's on a 500 hp car and expect it not to spin out everywhere. (but you can try)

Since when are N2's for beginners?

since that car isn't really that powerfull and has a pretty smooth power band i find the N2 tires are quite reasonable enough to keep the car in control.

Of course it depends on your driving style... for example when i drift i don't necessarily drift FAST just enough to make the corner work

Anyway i wasn't saying N2's are for beginners in general just that they work well on this car.

Of course you wouldn't put N2's on a 500 hp car and expect it not to spin out everywhere. (but you can try)

Man I still suck at drifting. I really gotta find a car I really like. Like... REALLY like. And I'mma try some of those"cliche" drifters like 240's, and Sylvias

Man I still suck at drifting. I really gotta find a car I really like. Like... REALLY like. And I'mma try some of those"cliche" drifters like 240's, and Sylvias

Whatever you pick when you first start trying to drift, just stick with that car for a bit. persistance is the key. It is hard to learn how to control a drift if you changes cars too often because every car is different. so stick with one and learn how it reacts so you can learn how to drift without having to get used to a new car every few laps or so.

im not bad at drifting in games(NFS,GT,any racing game i can get my hands on around my house), but the switch from GT3 to GT4 reely through me off... i feel like im a n00b all over again:banghead: ...im used to a more forgivable drift i guess you could call it.💡 Do u think turning the "power steering" setting off would help at all?

I would pull it out right now, but seeing as im grounded from PS2 for the next week or so, im looking for a bit of advice...:grumpy:

(unrelated) i like to add smilies to my posts for a bit of fun...
(also unrelated)🤬 , i wanted the 200th post...!

Whatever you pick when you first start trying to drift, just stick with that car for a bit. persistance is the key. It is hard to learn how to control a drift if you changes cars too often because every car is different. so stick with one and learn how it reacts so you can learn how to drift without having to get used to a new car every few laps or so.

Yea, i'm stilll in the process of working to find a good car. I gotta try a sylvia! lol

Some AWD set to like 15-20 VCD to act more like FR, I highly recommend MR Noobs to tryout Audi Lemans Concept ( nowadays known as R8 Road Car), its the ONLY midengine 4WD in GT4, maxxed out torque from low to the "late-high" RPM, looks freakin' sweet has a computer controlled Spoiler and is pretty slippery if you got a decent setup.

Because it's got the torque, you may want to avoid juicing its power. (chip, exhaust, turbo, etc.)

I havent tried this car but i think the Nouveatto (sp) Quattr, (won at 25% completion of game ONLY) is a good car to start with for a Front Engine 4WD, simulated as FR easy drifter.

I agree, try driving a Toyota MR2 MkI and you will be drifting in no time, as well as Mazda AZ-1. The Lotus Elise is manuvuerable and drifty at the same time, so you can have well controlled drifts with it, same goes for Renault Clio V6.

i find the '97 Supra SZ-R' or the 'Mazda RX7 97' or the 'New Miata (MX5) in the show room)

are the best cars for beginners - i love them!:P :D

the razgriz, i'm not THAT big of a beginner. I can drift a Amuse S2000 R1 Really well. Its just that I dont enjoy drifting it, it seems to have limitations.

Back