What's Drivatar Sync?

Mine's sitting at 32%.

What does this mean? What happens at 100%?

Do I need to stay connected while playing in order for this number to go up?

I just got this game today (along with an Xbox One 1TB) and I filled mine up today after a few races. I think Drivatar Sync is to do with how the computer controlled version of yourself (the Drivatar) is linked to your driving style. The higher the sync % is, the more your Drivatar will mimic your driving style.

I would imagine you need to be connected for the Drivatar to gain more information about your driving style, all the data goes to the cloud.

Every time you race on a track your drivetar sync rate increases. Example, 1 race on say catalunya gp will give you 25% sync for that ribbon, four races on the same track and ribbon and you've got 100% sync for that particular ribbon. Rinse and repeat for every other track and ribbon and you'll have 90 odd% total sync.

You can't reach 100% though due to some of the airfield ribbons not being available.

The idea is the higher the sync rate the more trained your drivetar is to copy your driving style in all environments.

I just got this game today (along with an Xbox One 1TB) and I filled mine up today after a few races. I think Drivatar Sync is to do with how the computer controlled version of yourself (the Drivatar) is linked to your driving style. The higher the sync % is, the more your Drivatar will mimic your driving style.

I would imagine you need to be connected for the Drivatar to gain more information about your driving style, all the data goes to the cloud.
I doubt you filled your Sync percentage after just a few races :lol: But you do have the right idea, however.

I doubt you filled your Sync percentage after just a few races :lol: But you do have the right idea, however.

Something filled up! :lol:

When I completed about 3 or so races, some meter filled up enabling me to have my own Drivatar. I probably have the wrong idea of 'Drivatar Sync' if this is something that can't be filled after a few races. :P

When I completed about 3 or so races, some meter filled up enabling me to have my own Drivatar. I probably have the wrong idea of 'Drivatar Sync' if this is something that can't be filled after a few races. :P

Probably your Affinity went up a level, or just your Driver level. I'm sitting at Level 92 and my Drivar Sync is only slightly above 50%. :P

Probably your Affinity went up a level, or just your Driver level. I'm sitting at Level 92 and my Drivar Sync is only slightly above 50%. :P
You're already a way higher level then me!

In my defense, my save was lost :( Good thing lap records are saved to the internet, rather then the game save, or else I would have actually been disappointed.

You're already a way higher level then me!

In my defense, my save was lost :( Good thing lap records are saved to the internet, rather then the game save, or else I would have actually been disappointed.

In my defense, I've been very efficient with the 1500 tokens the VIP membership provided. When I knew I'd have 2 uninterrupted hours to go through Career Mode, I'd activate double XP. I've got one final round of it left, but since there's no rush after level 100, I'll probably not bother.

It's a shame we can't gift cars like the old games for situations like that. :(

What filled up, is T10's wallet, after you gave them all that ca$h for game & console. :lol:

You also filled up the meter thingy that awards you an exiting "free spin", for a car or ca$h. :nervous:
Good luck. :boggled:

Drivatar sync is just how much your drivatar will play like you. It's really to bad we can't custom select drivatars. I also get the feeling that diffuclty level affects how well drivatars drive, which would kinda defeat the point.

What filled up, is T10's wallet, after you gave them all that ca$h for game & console. :lol:

You also filled up the meter thingy that awards you an exiting "free spin", for a car or ca$h. :nervous:
Thanks for answering questions no one asked and trying to derail a thread for no good reason.

In my defense, I've been very efficient with the 1500 tokens the VIP membership provided. When I knew I'd have 2 uninterrupted hours to go through Career Mode, I'd activate double XP. I've got one final round of it left, but since there's no rush after level 100, I'll probably not bother.

It's a shame we can't gift cars like the old games for situations like that. :(

I miss gifting cars :(

Last edited:

Banter. As for the second part of your message, you may be referring to FH2.

I did realise I was on about something else since after 3 weeks of gameplay my Drivatar sync sits at about 43%. Which is a good thing since my Driving style offline would not be associated with the term clean... :ouch:

I can't say what the Drivater Sync is, because I am not 100% sure what it is. But to increase it, you can run free play races on each course. Doing that is also a good way to track what courses you have ran on, and need to run on. From what I see, car class doesn't matter, so pick whatever you find entertaining for each run. I suggest to get the bigger tracks out of the way first.

I believe that a higher sync gives you more of a payout, because your Driveatar will appear in more races at more tracks. And depending on how well your Driveatar does, you will get more winnings.

:Edit:

The winnings increased was a false assumption. Mr. ImaRobot explains below.

Last edited:
I can't say what the Drivater Sync is, because I am not 100% sure what it is. But to increase it, you can run free play races on each course. Doing that is also a good way to track what courses you have ran on, and need to run on. From what I see, car class doesn't matter, so pick whatever you find entertaining for each run. I suggest to get the bigger tracks out of the way first.

I believe that a higher sync gives you more of a payout, because your Driveatar will appear in more races at more tracks. And depending on how well your Driveatar does, you will get more winnings.
You can go to the player stat menu and see exactly what tracks you need run in order to up your sync %. You are correct though, car class does not matter for the Drivatar.

As for what it does, you would be wrong wrong. The percentage and the races your Drivatar enter in doesn't seem to have any correlation. The individual percentage for each track just shows how familiar yours is with each track as well as your driving style, while the main percentage is just all of them averaged together. Starting a new account with now near 0% isn't yielding any different results from when I had 70%

This is what it actually does:

The idea is the higher the sync rate the more trained your drivetar is to copy your driving style in all environments.

Oh... Thanks for the info. I did notice that my Driveatar earning did climb about 1000 credits since I started increasing my percentage. Something else may have caused that, I assumed it was instructing the Driveatar. Thats what I get for assuming.

LOL.

Editing the post to show that I made a bad assumption.

Oh... Thanks for the info. I did notice that my Driveatar earning did climb about 1000 credits since I started increasing my percentage. Something else may have caused that, I assumed it was instructing the Driveatar. Thats what I get for assuming.

LOL.

Editing the post to show that I made a bad assumption.
Don't worry about it. It seems like that would make sense anyways, but I've always seemed to get the same average amount even if the message said mine was in hundreds of races.

@Dopplegagger
@ImaRobot

This is interesting stuff 👍

Though I'd have to be constantly online to get this percentage up, correct? Or will the game just pile up data and the next time I go online, the drivatar sync increases?

Mehh, anyway... in other related news: FM5 and Horizon 2 no longer sync with the server even if I do several offline sessions and then go online.

The heck?

@Dopplegagger
@ImaRobot

This is interesting stuff 👍

Though I'd have to be constantly online to get this percentage up, correct? Or will the game just pile up data and the next time I go online, the drivatar sync increases?

Mehh, anyway... in other related news: FM5 and Horizon 2 no longer sync with the server even if I do several offline sessions and then go online.

The heck?
It will go up anytime you are on the race track. I'm not sure if that includes Rivals mode, however. I think you're correct in saying that it stockpiles(in a way) and gets updated the next time you connect.

Latest Posts

Back