What's the best handling car in GT 6?

• Thread starter pudgiecat
  • 92 comments
United States
Desert of the Real
pudgiecat
As we enter the 3rd week of GT6, I am wondering what the best handling car people have driven in the game so far? I know from my experiences in GT5 there were many viable options ....but GT6 has brought about many changes and I for one am stumped. I have tried many cars so far and some work great in one race and then they are all over the place in the next. So far the most consistent cars in the earlier part of the game have bet the Fit and FT 86 , at least for me. As I have made my way through those parts where you can't change your car, my options have started to become limited.

So, here's the question from a fifty something high school teacher.......What's the best handling car in the game and what did you do to "make it so" ?

I thank all of you in advance for your advice and for those of you preparing to enjoy the holiday season, I hope that it is a wondrous and enjoyable one.

Last edited:
Always going to be one of the X1 cars, the X1Jr is great as are the others even though they [not the Jr] are pretty much to fast and grippy for many to drive

The 95' maclaren 'Unio clinic' livery 1750000cr give it a try. When I first drove it I had to recheck I was on racing hards not softs the things got so much grip.

Excluding the Red Bull cars (the Junior is the best handling car I have tried so far but the level of grip with it feels almost like cheating :P), the best handling car so far that I have tried (admittedly, I have only driven maybe 15 different cars) is the Chaparral 2J "Vacuum Cleaner". It is just so quick and with excellent grip levels, although it can oversteer quite a bit off throttle. Beyond that, the Megane Trophy Anniversary Car with TCS 1 handles pretty well

Though it's admittedly a small sample size, most cars I've driven in GT6 handle well in stock mode. I haven't had to really tune the suspension on any yet.

The X1's are awesome machines but they are really not everyday drivers and there PP limits the usefulness.....I am looking to not only help myself out but to help others who have found that cars that were good in GT5 seemto have lost the "comfort" zone we were accustomed to in GT6.....

That's good to know....I have tested a variety of the LM cars....R18, 908, Minolta,'01 R8,both of the high PP Nissan beasts, and the BMW/McLaren at the Circuit de la Sarthe and found them to be good but can get twitchy at times.

The problem that seem to come up with me(could be my "age") is that they are fine in testing but when you enter them in a race series they don't have the same feel they had during testing and with the way some of the AI drive they can become more trying.....

There's quite a few, different for everyone, some hate the Stratos and Yellow bird but some absolutely love them.

I think most people mistake "best handling" for "easiest to drive".

Some of us are in the game to enjoy it and want to have a car they feel "comfortable" driving. I know many of you spend many hours with it and play online but there are those of us who are "casual" players and when we have to fight with the car we are driving it's a bit frustrating.....

Excluding the Red Bull cars (the Junior is the best handling car I have tried so far but the level of grip with it feels almost like cheating :P), the best handling car so far that I have tried (admittedly, I have only driven maybe 15 different cars) is the Chaparral 2J "Vacuum Cleaner". It is just so quick and with excellent grip levels, although it can oversteer quite a bit off throttle. Beyond that, the Megane Trophy Anniversary Car with TCS 1 handles pretty well

nursemorph, have you found that cars you put numerous miles on in GT 5 while grinding just don't have the same "feel" that they had? I was a devoted '01 Audi R8 driver when I was grinding and have found that in GT6 it's not the same machine and at times it's very twitchy.....

For me the best handling car is the X2011, but that pretty much goes without saying. If we're just considering 'normal' cars (whatever that means), then I'd have to go with my McLaren F1 GTR. The rocket also has amazing handling (that car is almost too good for what it costs).

The Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 seems the best right out of the box. The way this thing grips, accelerates, and corners is amazing. It's also remarkably versatile, I've used it for several dozen races in career mode, and even 100pp under the limit it seems to be competitive. :-)

Also, it's gorgeous!

Attachments

• 20131220_100923.jpg
    20131220_100923.jpg
    809.1 KB · Views: 63
My 2 pennies go for the RE Aememiya FD3S RX-7 (Prize car for all stars in Nat A)
Right out of the box, it's so stable and predictable. Grip for days. Haven't tuned it at all, there's no need. Destroyed ZZ-II', LFA's and GT-R Blacks in the I-B Tour of Japan with it.

Another fav is the 15th ann quattro S1 Rally Car. It's a freaking monster.

As many have said the X1 Jr. is unbelievable. Can take most corners on full throttle feels like you are playing f-zero or mario kart

As many have said the X1 Jr. is unbelievable. Can take most corners on full throttle feels like you are playing f-zero or mario kart
I wasn't particularly impressed by it to be honest; its certainly no better than the X2010/11. The main reason it handles so well is that it can't go fast enough for brakes to be worth using.

The Abarth 500 is very enjoyable to drive when it is tuned and adjusted... :D
Almost like a X2014 JR, only a bit heavier. It has around 300 bhp and it corners really well, also no torquesteer or power understeer when using race soft tires since it isn't very powerful.

Latest Posts

Back