What's the best handling car in GT 6?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by pudgiecat, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Kwicko

Kwicko

I've been amazingly impressed with the 2014 Corvette. (And I'm not a 'Vette guy by any stretch of the imagination)

Numbers and pudgiecat like this.
  2. transpaqua

transpaqua

Ditto. Used my 15th Ann edition for the one-make, and was thoroughly impressed. Love the HUD speedometer in cockpit view. Off-topic for a sec, but has anyone else seen the "shift light" in the '13 Viper GTS yet??

pudgiecat likes this.
  3. pudgiecat

pudgiecat

I tried the Acura/Honda NSX Concept '14 and it was pretty awesome. there is not much tuning you can do but it was fun to drive. I bought the Honda version and used it in te Tour of Japan after lowering it's power to meet race requirements....

Both Barrels likes this.
  4. R0ssingt0n

R0ssingt0n

As far as race cars go I'd say the Bentley Speed 8 is one of the best with it's stock setup. I'm really enjoying the '13 Viper too!

5. djslofstra

djslofstra

Oh yeah, I forgot:
    If you know how to drive it, a Mclaren MP4-12C drives pretty damn good!
    I tuned and adjusted mine and I was actually able to win from GT500 cars, even in the corners!
    All you need is throttle control!

KinLM likes this.
  6. transpaqua

transpaqua

Really glad the Speed 8 got the Premium treatment it deserved. Still debating between it and the Stealth 787B when the time comes to buy a LM car.

7. SCER

SCER

Ah, the glowing snake thing. I find it corny as hell to be honest, you'd never find it in a Ferrari or a GT-R, but it's a harmless bit of fun and I'm glad it's been put into the game.

8. Djwess

Djwess

For me it would be the 1995 Mclaren F1 GTR Base Model Race Car without any modifications. I was expecting the car to behave in the listed ways:
    1.) The car would not allow the user to utilize ALL of the power when in low gears
    2.) To be fishtail happy around corners
    3.) Experience Power Oversteer constantly

These thoughts came from GT5 when I was driving the McLaren Stealth Model. But I was wrong, dead wrong when I bought the car and took it for a time attack run around the 24 hour layout of Nurburgring. I do not know what crazy Brit made this car but they surely knew what they were doing.

Out the first two turns I was able to lay down full power with no TCS, ASM, SRF, ABS of 1 while using Racing Hard Tires. The car handles very well for a MR car. I could even trail brake into corners when in MR cars it would make it unstable. I manage to get a top speed of 197 MPH (317.04 KPH) and was stable during high speeds.

To further test this I went online and put Comfort Soft tires on the car. At this point you had to watch how much power you used and how much you turned. Even then it still handle well. The braking in the car is marvelous, simply marvelous. I have the tendency to ease in braking since racing brakes could lock up easily even at an ABS setting of 1. You can brake hard in this car but keep in mind that you still have that percent chance to lock up. But to me it felt somewhat low in this car.

So at the cost of 1.75 million Credits and a Power Point rating of 630, it is a great all-rounder race car. Hell I would recommend the car at the midpoint of you doing International B races.

KinLM, Darkcraft and pudgiecat like this.
  9. frivoloushobby

frivoloushobby

I just put the Diablo GT2 around The Ring, and I must say I was pretty surprised by it. It can be a handful if you drive it like a child. I was surprised to see it came with Sports Hard tires. On the rougher parts of the ring the stock Racing Hard suspension was too much. It would hop, skip and jump around like it was on its way home from school. The adjustable racing suspension would be highly recommended in order to soften it up a bit.

10. Eddierome84

Eddierome84

The S1 quatro. Now when it comes to speed and handling definatly the X1.

11. All Your Base

All Your Base

For me, it's the Mercedes CLK-LM Race Car '98. It handles better than many Group C cars and it's just plain fast.

Djwess likes this.
  12. pudgiecat

pudgiecat

I did some testing/racing this evening and found that the Audi R8 5.2 FSI , the Aventador, and the HSC are a really fun trio to take out on the track.....If you spend the time and tune them to your liking they are quite responsive...I did a weight reduction and then added ballast to bring the R8 and Aventador to as close to 50/50 as I could in weight distribution.

13. ManHandsMary

ManHandsMary

GT-R R35 TC. Don't know what it is but the damn thing seems to have magnets that follow the road. If I may coin a term here, it's unscrewupable.

Unscrewupable. Yeah.

14. Racin510s

Racin510s

I agree with this. Even after you do the performance upgrades the only thing I've adjusted is the power level and top speed. I haven't bought an X1 yet and won't until I have to have one for a race. I know that many like it a lot so you'll probably get quite a few responses that say the X1.

Both Barrels likes this.
  15. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

I am inclined to agree with this geeza.

And I really cannot believe that it was not the first car to be mentioned in this thread!

16. nursemorph

nursemorph

I haven't really used the same cars as of yet. My favourite car in GT5 was probably the GTR that came with the game (I got the Academy Edition). I have owned GT5 for less than a year and, of that time, spent about 3 months playing it (about 3 hours a day or so), so I didn't do much experimenting. My favourite car, if I had to pick one, was the 1998 Gathers Drider Honda Civic (or something similar, can't remember exact name).

Interestingly though is what has happened to my favourite car from GT4: The 2002 Audi-Abt Touring Car. That one was my absolute favourite from GT4 and used it every race I could, it was just great fun and handled very well. In GT5 I bought it but never used it much, though it still handled fairly well from what I remember of the small amount of time I used it. Bought it in GT6 and was saddened when I found it extremely hard to drive. It is now so easy to spin the car coming out of a slow corner (with TCS etc off) and is not the fun car I remember from before. I have used it a few times but have not really enjoyed it like I used to. Will let you know what happens with other cars when I get as far as using them

17. Polsixe

Polsixe

It's scary good, like a 2J and absolutely on rails at the 550pp level at Apricot Hill.

FreakFromADR likes this.
  18. cjp180

cjp180

The Furai 08. As in GT5 its still a joy to drive

19. DA__dogg

DA__dogg

I really like how the Italia 458 handles, just as good as it did in GT5 imo. My vote for worst handling car so far is the Ford GT '05. What the heck did they do to that car.

20. Muffinland

Muffinland

The Panoz Esperante GTR-1 is a treat.

21. transpaqua

transpaqua

I can vouch for whoever said the McLaren F1 GTR Base Model. It's an unholy abomination of grip and power. The Devil Himself designed the suspension, methinks.

High 3:40's at LeMans with only an oil change, no tuning, on a DS3 with no aids except ABS 1. And that was just in the 3 lap race I first tried it on! And I kinda suck at driving!

22. BionicDerp

BionicDerp

Mazda Furai
    300 Front Downforce / 500 Rear
    No abs/tcs/etc.

I have a 630 PP RX-7 that's quite nice as well, I just don't exactly have all the tuning parts memorized... lol

23. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

Suzuki GSX-R/4 is on rails, no downforce required.

24. SillyBillyP

SillyBillyP

Another gtplanet user is talking about this difference between practice set up vs the actual race: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/inconsistent-physics.294705/

25. JMII

JMII

The Red Bull X2014 Jr with SRF is just INSANE! It's like stupid levels of grip. I find it's actually hard to drive because it completely messes up your lines and braking zones. You have learn how to drive at full throttle constantly. It just feels wrong, no finesse is required its just a matter of downshifting every now and then and turning sharply enough.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  26. Kwicko

Kwicko

I just did the one-make race with the BMW 1-series, and that car (the Concept One is the one I used) is a revelation. Even on street tires it's a sweetheart, very tossable, very easy to steer with the throttle. I'm a bit stunned by how great it is.

27. transpaqua

transpaqua

Just picked up a Mine's BNR34 GT-R N1 base '06 (Tuned R34 Skyline) for the I-B Tuned Car Festival... and oh my... It's heavenly.

With an oil change and Stage 2 Turbo, it sits at 601pp. Nothing has the right to be so grippy on SS tires.

28. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

That's the event I'm on now too, bought the Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur (R34) '02 and tuned it fully. I think it was over 950BHP at about 640pp. Amazing how much grip the car has, no understeer mess like in previous two GT games too. So fun using nitrous and all that horsepower, AI don't stand a chance on straights even if they wanted to keep ahead ;).

29. Djwess

Djwess

Bump

30. Nurburgthing.

Nurburgthing.

@Djwess - You could have bumped with a suggestion :indiff:.

Close to my choice, the Pikes Peak Quattro I would say.

With a nice tarmac tune the cornering speeds will surprise you.