What's the best handling car in GT 6?

• Thread starter pudgiecat
  • 92 comments
The Rocket is sooo good! Raced it in 600 pp races online, only car that gave it arun for its money was the Honda HSV, handles pretty well that one too. It felt like the rocket was more sensitive to damage from other players because it's an openwheeler, so it kind of makes you want to hold back in case you hit barriers. So maybe for that reason I pick HSV

Found another car worth looking into. Last Time I highly recommended the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR Base Model Race Car. I have another recommendation. This time we are looking at the 1998 Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car.

Again I tested this car out on the Nurburgring 24h layout. On Stock settings, TCS 0, ABS 1, everything else off and racing hard tires, we are dealing with a car that allows you to lay down all of the power when exiting a corner. There were times where the car made you feel like you were being pushed and times you were being pulled. Hitting a top speed of 209 mph on the back straight means this cars can accel quick and fast. It handles exceptionally well. Only one problem stands inbetween you and this car and that is the price tag.

BMW M3 GT '11

the more You give, the more She wants (like my gf)

2011-06_Schnitzer_24h_Nuerburging_M3_GT_Nr1_c_web_30.jpg

Really can't believe no-one has mentioned the NSX-R. It's modeled very realistically too, this was a car capable of putting in lap times that defied belief for something with only 276hp. The key is that it is so balanced, so easy to drive, that it makes the driver better, it works for all the same reason the R35 GT-R does, but without electronics. A lot of people complaining about MR physics changes at the moment, to all of them I suggest driving the Acura NSX and the Honda NSX-R.

I know that the best handling cars are not necessarily the easiest to drive, but those that are easy to drive are almost always the best handling! :)

+1 on the nsx's! Just bought the nsx-r lm prototype road car, I know it's not a proper road car but completely stock it's unreal! No need to change anything apart from maybe the wheels

As we enter the 3rd week of GT6, I am wondering what the best handling car people have driven in the game so far? I know from my experiences in GT5 there were many viable options ....but GT6 has brought about many changes and I for one am stumped. I have tried many cars so far and some work great in one race and then they are all over the place in the next. So far the most consistent cars in the earlier part of the game have bet the Fit and FT 86 , at least for me. As I have made my way through those parts where you can't change your car, my options have started to become limited.

So, here's the question from a fifty something high school teacher.......What's the best handling car in the game and what did you do to "make it so" ?

I thank all of you in advance for your advice and for those of you preparing to enjoy the holiday season, I hope that it is a wondrous and enjoyable one.

As we enter the 3rd week of GT6, I am wondering what the best handling car people have driven in the game so far? I know from my experiences in GT5 there were many viable options ....but GT6 has brought about many changes and I for one am stumped. I have tried many cars so far and some work great in one race and then they are all over the place in the next. So far the most consistent cars in the earlier part of the game have bet the Fit and FT 86 , at least for me. As I have made my way through those parts where you can't change your car, my options have started to become limited.

So, here's the question from a fifty something high school teacher.......What's the best handling car in the game and what did you do to "make it so" ?

I thank all of you in advance for your advice and for those of you preparing to enjoy the holiday season, I hope that it is a wondrous and enjoyable one.
For me the best car in the super GTcatagory is the Honda Takata Dome NSX '06. With this car I've got gold in all super GT races. It has power, speed, and the power can be adjusted with the powerlimiter. For Lamans races go with the Minolta Toyota 88c-V '89 it handles like the Takada. FYI

From suggestions on the forums. The Honda HSV, stock, is absolutely a fantastic car. Mind blowing perfect for me. The NSX-R is also very very good.

For my 2 cents worth I believe the Rocket and the 2J are the best handling cars in GT6. There are others that can be made but out of the box it is the Rocket and the 2J.

Other than the Rocket....the Red Bulls...and the Formula Gt and Chapparal...the SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nur (R34) '02 is pretty decent handling.

The 97t overall after you turn up all the downforce. 430 Scuderia and LFA are my favorite stock cars out of the box. O yea and that little Miata with the roll cage and the wing.

The VW VGT handles exceptionally well. Be that as it may it is an All-Wheel Drive car. But for an AWD it did not show any signs of understeer and the oversteer is subtle for the time being. Coming in at 551 HP and 490.8 ft-lb torque (before oil change), the car does show great acceleration capabilities. You will be able to hit all 7 gears in the transmission quickly. I would say give this car a try but I know "it's just a VGT car".

As far as I know only two people on this forum have mentioned the Mazda mx-5 miata touring car and I have to say that I just have to agree because its the best handling car in the game, its just sooooo gooood!

As far as I know only two people on this forum have mentioned the Mazda mx-5 miata touring car and I have to say that I just have to agree because its the best handling car in the game, its just sooooo gooood!

Yep, it's another one that's on rails. The Spoon S2000 is also great.

Welcome to :gtpflag: , btw... :)

M3 GT if you want steering response but if you want turning circle, definitely go with the Nissan Delta Wing. 1,500 units of downforce for the rear of the Delta Wing and yet when you turn, the back can still kick out and you can use it to turn tighter. Quite an interesting car to drive and look at.

And of course, if you want to be that guy you can pick up the X1. It's useless though since almost no one will allow it in racing lobbies and I don't know of any races in career you can use it in.

Best handling is a toughie.

But at the top of my list in best handling cars in my opinion is the stock McLaren F1.

Lotus Elise Sport 190 and Nissan R390 Road Car are probably at the top of my list. If you're willing to switch up your control timing, the Ruf RGT is nuanced, absorbing.

I love seeing "fellow" car lovers. I picked up the HSV off of several recommendations in this thread and love it. Almost too easy to drive, the car is a machine. The NSX Prototype LM Road Car is hands down one of my favorites! I think it looks better than any Ferrari or Lambrogini, handles well and tuned is phenomenal!! Also, the Audi Quatro Rally Car/Pikes Peek Cars are suweeeet! And playing with the 04 Z06 Corvette has been fun...I miss my 2J from GT5. I got it as a Birthday car (1970). I haven't come close to buying one in 6. That's a tough car to beat.
Paul

Back