What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments
Hmm, might be fun to try selling all my cars then reducing my cash down to 0 then see how long it takes to get back up to a million dollars again.

My PS3 is in storage, so I went and got a whole PS2 setup (console, controllers, memory cards and component cable) for about $50 total. GT3 and 4 for $20 total. And then of course $300 for a new G27 wheel.

The mistake? Playing them both to almost completion (GT4 twice)! Not a mistake, really, just a whole lot of hours and sore feet and hands.

CDub
I can relate, minus the steering wheel. I made it my mission to accomplish gt4 100% with 100% win rate. My thumbs were literally bruised for a week, and I still can't play gt4 for too long without getting sick of it. Haha. Still a great game.

Biggest mistake was trying to back up my savegame by removing the memory card, inserting another one and then saving the game while in my garage. This instead of copy the game from card to card while in the browser.

Doing so gave an error I clicked through and when restarting the next day I found I lost my entire garage except the car I was currently driving (Suzuki GX/4). This was 5 years ago and my garage still hasn't completely recovered.
I did the same thing, but I was left with a Plymyth Superbird, sold bought the 05 gt mustan put a wing, then sold it. somehow the licenses saved forever (not all gold) but at least I don't have to do those again, so I simply started again, but got to skip the licenses.

What's the biggest mistake you ever did in GT4. It doesn't need to be in a race, just something in the game

Mine would be that I tried to win mission 34 by ramming the 300SL in the front but missed and hit the wall... 5 second penalty... 4... 3... 2... 1:ouch:

What's you're biggest mistake?:)

I stopped play it when GT5 was released <~~ my biggest mistake

Turning off whil:mad:e saving also works for me.:banghead:

And then when you see this come up:

cdatadetail.jpg

:mad:

My biggest mistake was pitting in lap 3 in Final Race of GTWC while I should have pitted in Lap 2. In that time, I was with R3 on front and R2 on rear with Minolta 88 C-V. In Lap 2, I didn't pit to extend my vantage ahead of Jaguar, however, few corners before the Porsche curve, the tires of Minolta started to spin out which dropped me back to the 5th. In the final, I have finished 3rd behind the winner (Jaguar) and Minolta!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

But with a strange flavour because I won the championship, the ending and the GT LM Spec II.... With 94 points...

Another mistake was: I won the Formula GT car after I have completed the 24hr Nurburgring which took me 24 hours to complete!!! Because of that, I had to let my PS2 turned on during 1 day!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: But fortunately, my PS2 didn't break and I managed to win Formula GT.

Then, I changed to FGT and tried to give it an oil change and I realized that the oil couldn't be changed...:lol::lol:

And I entered in Real World Tours to try to win an Skyline Pace Car, in Tsukuba. I was in first place until I pitted late and I have been overtaken by a Toyota 7, if not mistaken... I was dropped to 2nd and decided to quit a race. :(

My biggest mistake...

Recently, I bought the Gilet Vertigo after I saw it had 900+ HP. I was pretty sure I was gonna win the GT World Championship...

Instead, I came dead last in all of the races.
:banghead:

Last edited:
My biggest mistake was overusing bspec. Just like you can make races easy in the old games with good strategy and investment if you know the game well you gan turn gt4 completely into gran turismo manager edition. It saves much time but you skip the game and thus regret it.

Saving the game on a ****** memory card that made the whole memory corrupted and need to re format that. I should have known about it in the first place as it happened to me twice.

My biggest mistake? Not taking the GT Mode seriously when I played the game when it first came out and just doing Arcade mode races endlessly. I only really got into the GT Mode aspect of the game when GT5 came out, and having completed GT6, I've gone back to GT4, realising I've missed out on one of the most expansive and varied GT games, and indeed, one of the best racing games more generally. I realise now it's probably the best game in the GT series as well.

That's true in my opinion, GT4 is the best one.

It certainly feels like the last GT game where PDI really knew what they were doing, before all the Standard cars, "Standard tracks", rolling starts and so forth. Looking at the first four games, it feels as though the rate of progress in GT games has dropped off a cliff beyond that. GT games 1 through 4 all feel significantly better than their predecessors and improve in notable ways. The change from GT4 to GT5, then to GT6, feels much less, which is why the current games feel a bit behind the times.

I am playing through GT4 again at the moment, and I am honestly having more fun with it than I did with Forza Motorsport 5. If only PDI could recapture what made the earlier GT games so great when it comes round to GT7.

Last edited:
I played GT4 after years of GT2, and then got GT3. Having played GT3 the feel is more GT2 in GT4 with an actual map you go around and the used car dealer etc etc. I love playing GT4 because there's this nostalgic feeling that I get which links me to playing GT2 as a eight or nine year old which I just don't get with GT3. My only grievance with GT4 is that all the cars are now a decade old...but it is still a fantastic game

It certainly feels like the last GT game where PDI really knew what they were doing, before all the Standard cars, "Standard tracks", rolling starts and so forth. Looking at the first four games, it feels as though the rate of progress in GT games has dropped off a cliff beyond that. GT games 1 through 4 all feel significantly better than their predecessors and improve in notable ways. The change from GT4 to GT5, then to GT6, feels much less, which is why the current games feel a bit behind the times.

I am playing through GT4 again at the moment, and I am honestly having more fun with it than I did with Forza Motorsport 5. If only PDI could recapture what made the earlier GT games so great when it comes round to GT7.
Yeah, GT5 and 6 don't feel as fun as 4. Online mode was okay, I guess, but the single player felt lacking in comparison to PDI's older games.

Yeah, GT5 and 6 don't feel as fun as 4. Online mode was okay, I guess, but the single player felt lacking in comparison to PDI's older games.
I completely agree. 5 and 6 may look better, but 4 just has soo much to do and it's varied. 5 and 6 feel "sterile" or something to me. But I get probably more nostalgic feelings from the music in 5 than the others. Some of those melodic jazz tunes are kind of mesmerizing or haunting in a way--not dissimilar to certain Evanescence songs.

Anyway, they're all fun and unique in their own ways. I'm replaying 4 now (again) after 99%ing 3 through 6.

C-Dub

Back