What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments
My biggest mistake? Well, I have 2 stories...

First - I was playing through Formula GT, in that PDF1 car you win at the Nordschleife 24hrs, and I was at second-to-last lap, in A-Spec, on Le Mans, with a small advantage, and I was a bit distracted because, you know, texting x driving + F1, means bad news. What happened? Forgot to brake at the Hunaudières. Still managed a lucky 4th place thou.

Second: Hunaudières again. It was the Driving Mission 10, and the last corner was arriving. I was behind the violet\red (can't remember) Renault Avantime and I decided to ram it out of the way. I braked a bit. OK... I managed to luckily run into the back of the other car, while making a somewhat spectacular drift (for a minivan), but got 5 secs. penalty and passed a bit off the kerb. Then, on a medieval spectacle of plowing through grass, I finally won the mission by 0.01 seconds. It looked somewhat near the likes of Call of Duty, or Battlefield...

I should brake earlier...

Biggest mistake was trying to back up my savegame by removing the memory card, inserting another one and then saving the game while in my garage. This instead of copy the game from card to card while in the browser.

Doing so gave an error I clicked through and when restarting the next day I found I lost my entire garage except the car I was currently driving (Suzuki GX/4). This was 5 years ago and my garage still hasn't completely recovered.

OMG!! that's horrible!!!:indiff:

This happened to me not too long ago. Turning off the PS2 immediately after the saving icon stopped blinking. You know what happens if you do that. Save corrupted! Apparently the game is still saving just a bit more even if the icon has stopped blinking. Didn't know that this happens until reading about how it also happened to many others.

After a lot of swearing I remembered that have a Code Breaker and just downloaded another save from the internet.

Tried to tune a Toyota MR2 to win the MR races...spent almost 80,000 credits buying engine, suspension, turbo, brakes and all the lightening, as well as a slip diff and a spoiler...couldn't catch the guy in 5th place at all....ended up buying the ProtoMotors Spirra instead...

5 whole years!? :lol: "L"

It took me until 2009 to realise they said
Welcome To Gran Turismo World
"L"
At the north-west corner of the world...

And it's taken me until ten minutes ago to see that it has my name in big letters in the garage.

L's Home

Oh dear
:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

This happened to me not too long ago. Turning off the PS2 immediately after the saving icon stopped blinking. You know what happens if you do that. Save corrupted! Apparently the game is still saving just a bit more even if the icon has stopped blinking. Didn't know that this happens until reading about how it also happened to many others.

After a lot of swearing I remembered that have a Code Breaker and just downloaded another save from the internet.
It took me until 2009 to realise they said
Welcome To Gran Turismo World
"L"
At the north-west corner of the world...

And it's taken me until ten minutes ago to see that it has my name in big letters in the garage.

L's Home

Oh dear
:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:
I think I've done that before. The thing that sucks most about that is when you've got a really good collection of cars. I had a '69 Stingray, SL600 AMG, and other various cars (those are the two I remember).

i got the 100000 creds for having a gt3 save file and spent it on a Toyota cellica II (the tuned one that is red with grey vinyls) which proved completely pointless, so i ended up using it to do the sunday cup untill i could afford a ford GT! that took me about a month! and then i discovered i could have done it three times faster with b-spec! i was quite pissed off! i reset the game and the second time i bought a lotus elise instead, got my first le mans car after about 3 hours! wow! what a waste of time!!!!!!

Something stupid I did recently was I bought a Dodge Viper SRT10 and tuned it to the point where it had 969bhp and then had the oil changed to give 1032bhp!!! As mental it was I didn't realise how early I had to brake for the corners. It's that much faster that the first time I drove I went off pretty much at every corner until I realised I had to brake much earlier then what I could before.

Two, actually.

1: Letting my car have no fuel 11 hours into the 24 Hours of Nurburgring race. I quit right after. :ouch:
2: Selling 25% of my cars at the point of a money crisis (including my black GT-One and Peugeot 905).

My driver name in my one save game of GT4 is L.

Just the letter 'L'
I somehow didn't notice for FIVE YEARS...
Funny that. When I first got GT4, I was eight years old, and couldn't really understand what the game meant when it asked me to put my name down. Instead, I just wrote "Granturism", so that became my GT4 name.

Mate my biggest mistake is that i dont own gt3 .. a friend lend it me once it was a great game.. when i get my brothers laptop i will play gt4 and gt3 on a Emulator trust me you will have really fun with GT4 👍:cheers:

My biggest mistake in GT4 didn't even happen in-game. My mistake was, and still is, not buying the game. :banghead:

Mate my biggest mistake is that i dont own gt3 .. a friend lend it me once it was a great game.. when i get my brothers laptop i will play gt4 and gt3 on a Emulator trust me you will have really fun with GT4 👍:cheers:
If I get to drive and race cars, then it'll be fun. :)

My biggest mistake in GT4 didn't even happen in-game. My mistake was, and still is, not buying the game. :banghead:
Maybe you should order it offline. I literally got a brand new copy with the original case and manual for a little over $10 after shipping and handling.

Maybe you should order it offline. I literally got a brand new copy with the original case and manual for a little over $10 after shipping and handling.

My PS3 is in storage, so I went and got a whole PS2 setup (console, controllers, memory cards and component cable) for about $50 total. GT3 and 4 for $20 total. And then of course $300 for a new G27 wheel.

The mistake? Playing them both to almost completion (GT4 twice)! Not a mistake, really, just a whole lot of hours and sore feet and hands.

CDub

Two, actually.

1: Letting my car have no fuel 11 hours into the 24 Hours of Nurburgring race. I quit right after. :ouch:
2: Selling 25% of my cars at the point of a money crisis (including my black GT-One and Peugeot 905).
Wait its possible to have a financial crisis in GT?

Latest Posts

Back