What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments
I didn't make that mistake because I didn't like the Auto Union Streamilne's looks, so I spent my 500k on a GT300 car instead.

My biggest mistake playing GT4. Was giving my controller to my friend when a Camaro was riding my ass in the Last N/A race. I was on the last lap, when my friend said "I could own that Camaro!" I thought he could atleast have a chance, so I gave it to him. He was doing really good, on the last lap, when we were in front of the Finish line. To do the imfamous 360* spin.

....He stopped a few feet away, and I had to start the race over again....

Never making that Mistake again.
Well thats just humilating! :ouch::nervous: I'd be so mad, i'd start kicking things!:mad:
You can't use it in any of the races because I assume it's a "special car", right?
You can with a special glitch. This lets you race "any" car you want on any track!:drool:

Last edited:
I bought a car for about 200, 000 $ and tried to do the special condition 2 but was too slow i sold it but only had around 3000 credits left!

I remeber that when I was like 5 years old, everytime I played GT4, I sold my actual car because I didn't like it, but everytime I got a worse car, and I did it again, and again, and so on. :ouch:

Turbo Lag
In the GTWorld Champs, i thought i didnt need to do the series race, so i did all of them indivdual and realized that you had to do them in the series :nervous:

+1 this has to be my biggest mistake too :D epic bump..

Mine was to upgrade the heck out of EVERY car for every challenge.

I was so bad at it that I had to spend $ 200.000 per car all the time or I wouldn't win the races. So, I was always running out of money. What's worse, I upgraded pretty much everything but the tires, when sometimes it was all I needed.

I'm replaying from scratch now (the first time got stuck at 60%) and already did all the Japanese races with 1/3 of the money :P

Biggest mistake was trying to back up my savegame by removing the memory card, inserting another one and then saving the game while in my garage. This instead of copy the game from card to card while in the browser.

Doing so gave an error I clicked through and when restarting the next day I found I lost my entire garage except the car I was currently driving (Suzuki GX/4). This was 5 years ago and my garage still hasn't completely recovered.

Biggest mistake was trying to back up my savegame by removing the memory card, inserting another one and then saving the game while in my garage. This instead of copy the game from card to card while in the browser.

Doing so gave an error I clicked through and when restarting the next day I found I lost my entire garage except the car I was currently driving (Suzuki GX/4). This was 5 years ago and my garage still hasn't completely recovered.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, was wondering why all I had was a Peugeot 205. :lol:

My cousin had the same problem.

I had a very expensively upgraded monster Subaru Impreza that was a delight to drive. Then I installed a rollcage and that destroyed the driving characteristics completely, rendering the car almost useless. And of course the sales price dropped way lower than where it had been at hadn't I spent a fortune on upgrades. :ouch: :(

My biggest mistake was choosing a Honda civic type r as my first car

( raced in the Honda type r race about 100 times and never won, I finally got enough money to buy a Subaru impreza and went on from there)

Purchased the black Toyota GT One in the used garage. Should have saved the money for the new one. Completely disappointed.

Forgot that I was at Sarthe I and not Sarthe II. I was in a GT40 (my favorite car) so the confusion is understandable. Floored it out of Tetre Rouge, sat back, sipped a coke, and was eating a carrot when I noticed the gear flashing '3'. I was wondering what that was about when I went full-on into the barrier at Playstation. Not merely dead, but most sincerely dead. It freaked-out the game and my setup defaulted to stock.

Heh, I suspect that has happened to a number of us; it certainly happened to me. Except for the setup reverting to stock; that doesn't happen.

Replying to Bob, I have a used PS2 and a used disk, and it occasionally defaults if I bang into something pretty good, then I wonder why the car is weird until I go look. So I guess the worst mistake I can make other than general ineptness with the game system is to drive poorly.

:dunce:The biggest mistake i made was: after B specing the nurb 24h enduo,in the start of the race i cganged to A spec mode by mistake and lost control :dunce:

The biggest mistake I did in GT4 was using my tuned MINOLTA in the Formula GT Championship. A very BIG mistake that was.

Forgot that I was at Sarthe I and not Sarthe II. I was in a GT40 (my favorite car) so the confusion is understandable. Floored it out of Tetre Rouge, sat back, sipped a coke, and was eating a carrot when I noticed the gear flashing '3'. I was wondering what that was about when I went full-on into the barrier at Playstation. Not merely dead, but most sincerely dead. It freaked-out the game and my setup defaulted to stock.

So, you hit the wall so hard that your PS2 had to reset? :confused:

Biggest mistake is probably not reloading the game after failed race, resulting in only 81% winning ratio in overall statistics.

Back