What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by Fyshokid, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Kitten

Kitten

ikr its like wtf

2. MSTER232

MSTER232

You can't use it in any of the races because I assume it's a "special car", right?

3. BobK

BobK Premium

Especially since you can win it as a prize car and save the money.

4. Kitten

Kitten

BASICALLY I BOUGHT THAT 2 I WAS like what is this i wasted my money pooop

5. Andy GT

Andy GT

I didn't make that mistake because I didn't like the Auto Union Streamilne's looks, so I spent my 500k on a GT300 car instead.

6. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Well thats just humilating! :ouch::nervous: I'd be so mad, i'd start kicking things!:mad:
    You can with a special glitch. This lets you race "any" car you want on any track!:drool:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  7. pinky17167

pinky17167

I bought a car for about 200, 000 $ and tried to do the special condition 2 but was too slow i sold it but only had around 3000 credits left!

8. Bopop4

Bopop4

^What car is that expensive but that slow?!?

9. Odnomre

Odnomre

I guess it was one of those expensive classic cars. Or maybe the Cobra if he thinks that's a slow one?

10. Bopop4

Bopop4

Hmm... The Cobra would destroy that race, but that one Nissan wouldn't, so maybe.

11. Yauma9

Yauma9

I remeber that when I was like 5 years old, everytime I played GT4, I sold my actual car because I didn't like it, but everytime I got a worse car, and I did it again, and again, and so on. :ouch:

12. xiSealHDz

xiSealHDz

+1 this has to be my biggest mistake too :D epic bump..

13. Da_lurker

Da_lurker

Mine was to upgrade the heck out of EVERY car for every challenge.

I was so bad at it that I had to spend $ 200.000 per car all the time or I wouldn't win the races. So, I was always running out of money. What's worse, I upgraded pretty much everything but the tires, when sometimes it was all I needed.

I'm replaying from scratch now (the first time got stuck at 60%) and already did all the Japanese races with 1/3 of the money :p

14. Tahli462

Tahli462

Super Speed 150 miles pitting on the second to last lap

15. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

I take it you lost the race?:indiff:

16. Brother Numsey

Brother Numsey

Biggest mistake was trying to back up my savegame by removing the memory card, inserting another one and then saving the game while in my garage. This instead of copy the game from card to card while in the browser.

Doing so gave an error I clicked through and when restarting the next day I found I lost my entire garage except the car I was currently driving (Suzuki GX/4). This was 5 years ago and my garage still hasn't completely recovered.

17. Bopop4

Bopop4

I had the exact same thing happen to me, was wondering why all I had was a Peugeot 205. :lol:

18. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

My cousin had the same problem.

19. Alltidxx

Alltidxx

I had a very expensively upgraded monster Subaru Impreza that was a delight to drive. Then I installed a rollcage and that destroyed the driving characteristics completely, rendering the car almost useless. And of course the sales price dropped way lower than where it had been at hadn't I spent a fortune on upgrades. :ouch: :(

20. NF34

NF34

My biggest mistake was choosing a Honda civic type r as my first car

( raced in the Honda type r race about 100 times and never won, I finally got enough money to buy a Subaru impreza and went on from there)

21. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Purchased the black Toyota GT One in the used garage. Should have saved the money for the new one. Completely disappointed.

22. sammy neuman

sammy neuman

Forgot that I was at Sarthe I and not Sarthe II. I was in a GT40 (my favorite car) so the confusion is understandable. Floored it out of Tetre Rouge, sat back, sipped a coke, and was eating a carrot when I noticed the gear flashing '3'. I was wondering what that was about when I went full-on into the barrier at Playstation. Not merely dead, but most sincerely dead. It freaked-out the game and my setup defaulted to stock.

23. BobK

BobK Premium

Heh, I suspect that has happened to a number of us; it certainly happened to me. Except for the setup reverting to stock; that doesn't happen.

24. statue999

statue999

i sold one of my best jgtc cars with the near perfect setup for trial mountain

25. sammy neuman

sammy neuman

Replying to Bob, I have a used PS2 and a used disk, and it occasionally defaults if I bang into something pretty good, then I wonder why the car is weird until I go look. So I guess the worst mistake I can make other than general ineptness with the game system is to drive poorly.

26. BobK

BobK Premium

Huh, that's weird. I've never, ever seen that happen.

27. Duke_of_hazard

Duke_of_hazard

:dunce:The biggest mistake i made was: after B specing the nurb 24h enduo,in the start of the race i cganged to A spec mode by mistake and lost control :dunce:

28. GT'S BiG FaN

GT'S BiG FaN

Wasting my hard earned 1 million Cr on the Gillet Vertigo to use in the Gran Turismo World Championship, HUGE mistake :ouch:.

29. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

The biggest mistake I did in GT4 was using my tuned MINOLTA in the Formula GT Championship. A very BIG mistake that was.

So, you hit the wall so hard that your PS2 had to reset? :confused:

30. theBANzai

theBANzai

Biggest mistake is probably not reloading the game after failed race, resulting in only 81% winning ratio in overall statistics.