Whats the highest achievable speed in GT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lb1990
  • 22 comments
  • 2,020 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
291
Messages
lb1990
Been having a play around with cars in GT5, and read some older threads about 300+ mph in GT4. just wondered whats the highest speed achieved so far? i personally cannot get above 269 mph in a modified veyron.
 
x2010 goes 300+ easy. I don't know if a real car hits that mark.
 
I've heard that the X1 will not exceed 500KPH. Haven't got my X1 yet, so I cant test it.
 
Fasted I did in the X2010 was 298MPH, but it was on the Indy 500, so I had to corner before I could get higher. So it may be possible to go more than 300MPH.

I will try later on, on the La Sartre or whatever, the straight, see how fast I can go.
 
Last edited:
Try the X1 in a one make race on practice on SSR7. I'm pretty sure It hits just under 500 km/h if you draft the other cars
 
i went 501km/h for a split second in the X1 doing the indy enduro. lapping cars i had a perfect run of drafts with the cars spread out perfect so i could leap frog and keep the draft going. it went to 501km/h then redlined and went back to 492
 
I've seen 310mph (499km/h) in a draft which goes right along with what ajbownes says. I think I can squeeze a bit more out of it, but track runs out quick at those speeds.
 
The X1 can do a little more than 310 I think the rev limiter is at around 315 or so and it will hit it but it is hard to see what the speed actually gets to as it goes up quick and then drops when it hits the limiter. I have only see this kind of speed in the draft but on Daytona Speedway I have got it to 299 on the practice track when running with min downforce.
 
what about, more realistic cars?
 
I've only seen the X2010 at 302mph, I think that's the max under it's own steam with no draft. If people have seen it at 310 in a draft, i'd say that's the max achievable considering it's tuned to 315 and no car can hit it's tranny speed due to aero resistance, even in a draft, or slipstream as us Brits call it.
 
X2010

Reached 481 km/h with draft and 451 without ...
 
i went 501km/h for a split second in the X1 doing the indy enduro.

Wow.. that is... fast.

As in *almost unrealistically* fast.

I'm sure the laws of physics would have a thing or two to say about cars going that fast without having rockets bolted onto the roof. Not to mention having tyres made from some sort of alien technology :dopey:
 
500 was the fastest I saw but it might have gone to 501 as ragnar666's X2010 did.
As said above, it was just for a brief millisecond.
412KM/h in my Audi RS6 though.
 
Got to 283 in an FGT drafting behind A veyron
 
I've done 305mph in a draft on Indy

Felt like the wheel wanted to break my wrists.. effin awesome
 
what about, more realistic cars?
I have had over 270 in a few different LMP cars. the highest I have saw so far was 280mph in the Minolta and 278 mph in the 908, C89 and Audi R8
 
Wow.. that is... fast.

As in *almost unrealistically* fast.

I'm sure the laws of physics would have a thing or two to say about cars going that fast without having rockets bolted onto the roof. Not to mention having tyres made from some sort of alien technology :dopey:

:lol:
 
lol try watching drag racing. there tyres are not alien
 
507km/hr while drafting in the x1 s.vet version is the fastest, the other x1's only go 500.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back