What's the highest possible hp?

• Thread starter frentzey
  • 99 comments
Actually...

The Calsonic was a standard, tuned Calsonic. Just 900hp. I made those replays in May 2002, and daan recently converted them to video, whereas I made the 571000hp Loctite yesterday...

Keep your eye on the steering wheel in the video. I've found that 9 times out of 10 a quick yank gets you through - even at 154mph in a Calsonic, or 500mph in an 8000hp 22B.

On the Seattle breakout I pull hard right fractionally before impact. On the Cote breakout I pull hard left just before.

Originally posted by Famine
Just makes it easier to peel off the line. Set it into 7th gear and watch it launch... 0-400m in 6s, 0-1000m in 8s... Lift-off in 8.0000001s... :D

o_O... how do you get 65.356 outta 65X's ?

Actually...
On the Seattle breakout I pull hard right fractionally before impact.

yup i just broke out with an escudo, i dont have any hybrids but i've wanted to do that for a while, thanks for that famine!

i found that you should also hug the rail for about 100m before you hit the wall, it helps getting you through.

together with the wheelie trick i managed to take it to 2.1 billion kph :P which is almost twice the speed of light heh.

paul

Originally posted by Nightmage82
yup i just broke out with an escudo, i dont have any hybrids but i've wanted to do that for a while, thanks for that famine!

i found that you should also hug the rail for about 100m before you hit the wall, it helps getting you through.

together with the wheelie trick i managed to take it to 2.1 billion kph :P which is almost twice the speed of light heh.

paul
yup ... 2,147,483,647.0 to be exact, tis all the game will give ya, the trick is saving before it locks up... watch the miles pile up too, I've a car with 8,067,479.0 miles on it ...:lol:

Originally posted by Masterblaster
yup ... 2,147,483,647.0 to be exact, tis all the game will give ya, the trick is saving before it locks up... watch the miles pile up too, I've a car with 8,067,479.0 miles on it ...:lol:

i've done it twice now, the first time it didnt lock up at all, i was able to watch a replay and everything, but not able to save since i didn't complete a lap... clearly. hmmm i just had an idea, maybe i should do it during a race, then i could save the replay!? :D heh

the second time it didnt get to a speed that high, 1.8billion i think it was, then it froze. just as though it were a microsoft product heh.

for anyone wondering why its exactly the number it is, 2,147,483,647 is 2 to the power of 31, minus one. in binary this is 0111,1111,1111,1111,1111,1111,1111,1111 (which is the maximum number of bytes they allocated to store the speed in the ps2. sorry, im currently revising computer architecture for my exams at the end of april, i felt compelled to write that out! hehe

paul

Ah... I knew someone would know the reason... Apparently if they'd used one less byte, you wouldn't have been able to register any speed or - more importantly - distance over about 800 miles...

BTW by my maths 2.1 billion mph is 0.34c, not 2c. The speed of light is roughly 12 million miles a minute, or 7.2 billion mph.

Originally posted by Masterblaster
o_O... how do you get 65.356 outta 65X's ?

Maximum multiplier is 65.535 times.

Or - since you've been messing with mk's... :D

Export a car to ini.
Open the ini.
Go to line 440 and enter the value 0 instead of -1.
Save.
Import the car to the garage.
Scroll down to Power Multiplier.
It says "65.535"... :D

BTW by my maths 2.1 billion mph is 0.34c, not 2c. The speed of light is roughly 12 million miles a minute, or 7.2 billion mph.

sorry to correct you famine, im only returning the favour heh. it IS 12 million miles a minute, but x 60 that is only 720 million miles per hour, or 0.72 billion. and besides all that, my speed is in kilometres since i have the UK version. either way, its definitely past the light barrier :D

paul

P.S. for those still clueless the speed of light, c, is roughly 186,000 miles per second or 300,000km per second. pretty damn quick! but nothing is too much for the suzuki escudo hehehe

Ah... I knew someone would know the reason... Apparently if they'd used one less byte, you wouldn't have been able to register any speed or - more importantly - distance over about 800 miles...

Yas hate drivin in Fog

Looks kinda like this.......:lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• mvc-010f.jpg
    mvc-010f.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 70
Hate it when it does this, just gettin wound up....:D

Dang its only doin 940 on the backstretch better get it to the tune shop, but what the fork can live wiff an 28 second lap time

Attachments

• mvc-012f.jpg
    mvc-012f.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 64
masterblaster how do you attach an image and make it popup? i've only been able to provide a link to an image on my homepage... whenver i try to 'attach' one it just says file not found when i preview :/

paul

talk to a mod here about not bein able to attach. Perhaps there are an certain amount of posts required before you are able to attach files to a post. I really don't know the reason why you cant

oh yeah i just remembered something about breaking the barriers in seattle and cote d'azure. i wasn't able to do it whilst in chase mode. it seemed to me that you should really be in bumper view mode to do it.

hope that helps anyone who was having difficulties

Err... I ALWAYS drive in chase mode. And did on the breakouts as in the vids... :D

Back