What's the highest you've had to spend on an engine overhaul?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Peter3759
  • 18 comments
  • 2,369 views
Messages
260
Messages
ph3759/GTP_ph3759
I just spent 112,500 dollars overhauling an old Lancia Stratos from the used car dealership.
 
Zonda R '09 is 500,000 each for both engine overhaul and chassis restore.
 
Crikey! And i thought the 24,000 to rebuild the motor in my 346,000km E-type was expensive,especially since it only gave me 50 hp. Not worth it! I`ll just keep tuning and flogging my next used cars motor from now on.
 
My Toyota Minolta was a COOL 500,000...kinda made me mad when it didn't even gain ANY Hp!!! Stupid PD...just stupid.
 
The Lambo NOMAD Diablo is 225,000 for the engine overhaul and another 375,000 for the Chasis restoration, so 600,000cr in total for the restoration job...plus it costs 721,000 for the car. So, to completely buy and restore it, it's 1,321,000.
 
I think the Furai is 400,000.

Your rewarded that car. So there would be no need for an engine overhaul?:indiff:

Unless your talking about once you have put some miles on it.
 
Isn’t mechanical damage not patched in yet? So in essence you guys are just throwing money away?
 
I'm pretty sure 500,000 is maximum.
Yes. My Peugeot maxed out at 500k for both. I noticed that the maximum repairs otherwise would be ~1/2 the cars value.
 
How much HP does one gain from engine restore? I have a hard time justifying that much to gain a few ponies to knock it up to factory spec.
 
Isn’t mechanical damage not patched in yet? So in essence you guys are just throwing money away?

Mechanical damage won't effect chassis or the engine...It will simply just physically effect the car for that particular race, when you finish or quit the race the car is fixed again. In other words, only mileage determines when you need to repair chassis or overhaul the engine.
 
How much HP does one gain from engine restore? I have a hard time justifying that much to gain a few ponies to knock it up to factory spec.

I bought a car with over 100k on the dash from the used car lot, the car now has another few thousand KM's of rev limiter bashing in 2nd gear and the HP is still exactly the same.

so why would you waste 500,000XP when its so hard to get in this game on a fake engine rebuild?
 
I feel bad that I haven't overhauled any engine yet. >.< Probably should though.
 
I'm just messing around with races, since I'm waitaing to have a new wheel and cockpit to really start to play, and all I can say is that money is actualy pretty easy to get.
I've never played GT to become a multi billionaire, thats not the essence of the game anyway
So please stop making post quoting how GT suck at getting credit and how thing are way too expensive
 
When it's time to overhaul your engine, won't there be a warning light ?

A bought a Mercedes DTM car, and the oil warning light was on, when I went to change it, it was very dirty oil, almost black. After the oil change the warning light was out.
 
Formula GT 500,000 x2 for both :'(
 
Back