Whats the maximum % completion you can get without B Spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter humfer
  • 70 comments
  • 3,627 views
Messages
16
Just spent the last week getting all golds on the licences. Not because it had any impact of % completion, but just well..because. Started doing some more of the specials and realised they also have no influence on completion (well at least I don't think they do). At the moment I stand at 59% and have completed all of A spec apart from the Formula GT in Extreme and also 6 of the endurance (basically anything 4 hours and longer). Whats the maximum I will get to then? Does this mean I have to do the B spec (which hasn't interested me in the slightest) to get any nearer to 100%?
 
Just spent the last week getting all golds on the licences. Not because it had any impact of % completion, but just well..because. Started doing some more of the specials and realised they also have no influence on completion (well at least I don't think they do). At the moment I stand at 59% and have completed all of A spec apart from the Formula GT in Extreme and also 6 of the endurance (basically anything 4 hours and longer). Whats the maximum I will get to then? Does this mean I have to do the B spec (which hasn't interested me in the slightest) to get any nearer to 100%?

You don't have to do any of them, to get 100% as far as I'm aware. I've got one more race (nurburgring 24hr) to complete b-spec and my completion is on 98 or99% and i haven't done any endurance A-spec yet, so I reckon it works both ways. You need them all done for a platinum trophy though.

The A-spec and b-spec races are mirrored so if you do one in either mode it is checked off the list.
 
Last edited:
No you don't.

Technically, no but it speeds things up by hell of a lot! Wouldn't fancy doing sunday cup 25,000 times.

I can't imagine any one with a level 40 b-spec trophy wouldn't have done them all.
 
You can complete the game in A-spec and/or B-Spec. Either/or, one or the other. You can attain 100% without touching A-spec or without touching B-spec.
 
You can complete the game in A-spec and/or B-Spec. Either/or, one or the other. You can attain 100% without touching A-spec or without touching B-spec.

So the remaining 41% comes from Formula GT and the 6 remaining endurance races that I haven't completed yet?
 
To get 100% game completion, you will need to do b-spec also. Of that I am certain. However I'm only fairly sure that it's just the licences, a-spec and b-spec that count towards game completion. I'm not sure special events count. If they do, it's a very very small amount of % per event, and a-spec/b-spec have been weighted more heavily.
 
So the remaining 41% comes from Formula GT and the 6 remaining endurance races that I haven't completed yet?

The licence tests and the special events are also in the 100%.

To get 100% game completion, you will need to do b-spec also. Of that I am certain. However I'm only fairly sure that it's just the licences, a-spec and b-spec that count towards game completion. I don't think special events count.
:indiff:

You don't as far as i'm aware, I've completed all the licence tests, all the special events and every b-spec race up to the last 24hr nurburgring race, and my current completion level is 98%. I haven't done any A-spec endurance races.
 
Last edited:
Then something is seriously strange here because I am absolutely certain that doing b-spec races increases your % completion. I've gone from 94% to 97% complete by doing 4 b-spec events.

I can only assume that licences, a/b-spec and specials are given different weightings in terms of completion. I'm on 97% currently and have 3 b-spec and 2 a-spec events to complete as well as all of the AMG intermediate/advanced and Gran Turismo rally events.
 
Technically, no but it speeds things up by hell of a lot! Wouldn't fancy doing sunday cup 25,000 times.

I can't imagine any one with a level 40 b-spec trophy wouldn't have done them all.

I meant that you don't need to do A-Spec AND B-Spec to get the Platinum, or even Gold Standard.
 
Then something is seriously strange here because I am absolutely certain that doing b-spec races increases your % completion. I've gone fron 94% to 97% complete by doing 4 b-spec events.

I can only assume that licences, a/b-spec and specials are given different weightings in terms of completion.

Doing them in b-spec will increase your percentage if you haven't done them already in A-spec or vice versa. It's strange, but I think its because trophies are awarded for completing a series of events, whether it A-spec or b-spec.
It doesn't take long to do all the b-spec races anyway!
 
The A-spec and b-spec races are mirrored so if you do one in either mode it is checked off the list.

I just finished Suzuka 1000 km in A-spec (B-spec was already done) and my % went from 97 to 98.

A-spec & B-spec are not mirrored. You definitely need to complete both if you want a 100% completion.
 
Doing them in b-spec will increase your percentage if you haven't done them already in A-spec or vice versa. It's strange, but I think its because trophies are awarded for completing a series of events, whether it A-spec or b-spec.
It doesn't take long to do all the b-spec races anyway!

I had already done those events in a-spec. You most definitely have to do b-spec aswell to get 100% completion. What I have seen in game confirms what I am saying.
 
I meant that you don't need to do A-Spec AND B-Spec to get the Platinum, or even Gold Standard.
Am I missing something (probably) but there are both Aspec and Bspec specific trophies required for Platinum.

Can I just say, until someone... anyone.. gets 100% and we start comparing notes.. then how can anyway state anything with certainty ?
 
Am I missing something (probably) but there are both Aspec and Bspec specific trophies required for Platinum.

Can I just say, until someone... anyone.. gets 100% and we start comparing notes.. then how can anyway state anything with certainty ?

There was someone here that got Gold Standard but only got Golds in the whole of A-Spec.
 
There was someone here that got Gold Standard but only got Golds in the whole of A-Spec.
I know that, but I was discussing your comment about Platinum and 100% was I not - nothing about Gold Standard.?
 
Am I missing something (probably) but there are both Aspec and Bspec specific trophies required for Platinum.

Can I just say, until someone... anyone.. gets 100% and we start comparing notes.. then how can anyway state anything with certainty ?

You can get all of the b-spec trophies without having to do all the b-spec events. The only thing left for discussion is are you awarded the Platinum trophy for getting all the other PSN trophies, or are you awarded it for getting all the in-game trophies?
 
To get 100% game completion, you will need to do b-spec also. Of that I am certain. However I'm only fairly sure that it's just the licences, a-spec and b-spec that count towards game completion. I'm not sure special events count. If they do, it's a very very small amount of % per event, and a-spec/b-spec have been weighted more heavily.

Are you sure? I remember reading Kaz's comments saying that "You can complete the game in A or B-spec..."

I want to start a new game and go through it in only A-spec but if this is true I might not bother. I only did B-spec to get the Mazda Furai (sp?), only to find out I didn't like that car anyway :D
 
I know that, but I was discussing your comment about Platinum and 100% was I not - nothing about Gold Standard.?

You can get Platinum without doing all B-Spec events or A-Spec events.
 
You can get all of the b-spec trophies without having to do all the b-spec events.
I know both that was not my point. I argued you have to do both Aspec and Bspec to get Platinum, nothing more nothing less.
 
Are you sure? I remember reading Kaz's comments saying that "You can complete the game in A or B-spec..."

Yes I am sure. Kaz was probably talking about the two completion movies you can unlock.

I know both that was not my point. I argued you have to do both Aspec and Bspec to get Platinum, nothing more nothing less.

You missed my point too. The first sentence was there only to set up the second.
 
I meant that you don't need to do A-Spec AND B-Spec to get the Platinum, or even Gold Standard.
Dabest how about re-reading your statement above !!
Had you written you do not need to gold all of aspec and bspec then I would have left it, but you did not.

There is an implication in the thread that you can get Platinum doing only Aspec OR bspec. You cannot.
 
There is an implication in the thread that you can get Platinum doing only Aspec OR bspec. You cannot.

In that you are correct. You will have to play b-spec. But in no way can we be certain that you have to get a trophy in every single b-spec race. Are you awarded the Platinum trophy for getting all the other PSN trophies, or are you awarded it for getting all the in-game trophies?
 
In that you are correct. You will have to play b-spec. But in no way can we be certain that you have to get a trophy in every single b-spec race.
Icleolion, I agreed with all of your earlier comments. My concern was what Dabest was writing.
 
I've got 7 more b-spec 24hr races to do, and when I've done that it will confirm that you don't need to do all the a and b-spec races to get 100%.
 
For what it's worth, even though I can't be sure. I think platinum comes with 100% in-game completion, which will probably mean getting a trophy in all licences, special events, and a/b-spec races.

I've got 7 more b-spec 24hr races to do, and when I've done that it will confirm that you don't need to do all the a and b-spec races to get 100%.

:lol: you don't give up do you. Oh well, I tried.
 
Maybe I didn't make myself clear.
My point was:

1) You don't need to do all B-Spec events AND all A-Spec events to get the Platinum trophy, you just need Gold in A-Spec or B-Spec.
 
Maybe I didn't make myself clear.
My point was:

1) You don't need to do all B-Spec events AND all A-Spec events to get the Platinum trophy, you just need Gold in A-Spec or B-Spec.

dabest2500, why are you throwing around "facts"? Considering no one has come forward with proof, how can you be sure that Platinum is awarded for getting all PSN trophies? Maybe it's all in-game trophies?
 
Back