Whats the maximum % completion you can get without B Spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter humfer
  • 70 comments
  • 3,627 views
I've got 7 more b-spec 24hr races to do, and when I've done that it will confirm that you don't need to do all the a and b-spec races to get 100%.

If so, could you then explain why my completion percentage raised for achieving an A-spec event I already did in B-spec?
 
If so, could you then explain why my completion percentage raised for achieving an A-spec event I already did in B-spec?

You and me both...
 
And why would you say that?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134971 would suggest otherwise - i.e. all other trophies which would include A-Spec 40 and B-Spec 40

You can get a/b-spec lvl 40 without doing all a/b-spec races. Until someone can prove that Platinum is awarded for either all psn trophies or all in-game trophies then no one should be chucking around facts.
 
For what it's worth, even though I can't be sure. I think platinum comes with 100% in-game completion, which will probably mean getting a trophy in all licences, special events, and a/b-spec races.



:lol: you don't give up do you. Oh well, I tried.

On ps3trophies.org, there is a thread where someone has the all gold in game trophy and they haven't done many A-spec races. They done the standard events in b-spec, all golded the special events and licence tests.

If this is the case which looks like it is, it will save me doing it in a-spec (unless an endurance save is included). But, it should be do ALL races, NOT just halve of them.
 
On ps3trophies.org, there is a thread where someone has the all gold in game trophy and they haven't done many A-spec races. They done the standard events in b-spec, all golded the special events and licence tests.

If this is the case which looks like it is, it will save me doing it in a-spec (unless an endurance save is included). But, it should be do ALL races, NOT just halve of them.

Gold Standard trophy has no relevance to 100% in-game completion.
 
It's not that hard to understand.

All gold trophy can be obtained in A or Bspec, after all special and license golded.

Platinum trophy you get when you have all other trophies.

Ingame you can get to 100% when all races are done, either a or bspec.
100% trophy, platinum, is hard to reach because you need to get to lvl 40 in a and bspec, so you need to do everything!

simple 👍
 
You can get a/b-spec lvl 40 without doing all a/b-spec races. Until someone can prove that Platinum is awarded for either all psn trophies or all in-game trophies then no one should be chucking around facts.
I am totally with you here. Same with 100% - until these are reached we just do not know.

Once it became clear that you could get Series trophies for doing either aspec or bspec, then someone posted proof of Gold Standard based on completion of ASpec only ... well, you can no longer trust all the trophy descriptions as being literal.
 
I am totally with you here. Same with 100% - until these are reached we just do not know.

Once it became clear that you could get Series trophies for doing either aspec or bspec, then someone posted proof of Gold Standard based on completion of ASpec only ... well, you can no longer trust all the trophy descriptions as being literal.

Thank you. Finally someone on my wavelength. 👍 How about the rest of you?

The only thing I'm certain about, which is something the OP actually asked (how we got to talking about PSN trophies I don't know), is that b-spec events do count towards 100% in-game completion, even if you've done them in a-spec already. That is fact. My own eyes have seen it, SmokingCones has seen it, and dhandes will soon confirm for me too ;)
 
You can get a/b-spec lvl 40 without doing all a/b-spec races. Until someone can prove that Platinum is awarded for either all psn trophies or all in-game trophies then no one should be chucking around facts.


The platinum trophy is ALWAYS rewarded for getting all other trophies, that's the case in every game on the ps3?
 
Gold Standard trophy has no relevance to 100% in-game completion.

But my point is, the trophy is awarded for golding all races, events and licences. Now to most people that would be everything, all A-spec, all b-spec, all special events and licences. That would give you an unofficial 100%.
It would appear that only each event series needs to completed, be it A-spec and/or b-spec to give you the trophy and 'official' 100%, which I believe won't actually be 100%.
 
The platinum trophy is ALWAYS rewarded for getting all other trophies, that's the case in every game on the ps3?

I don't have every game on the PS3. Even I did and this were true, is it a rule that every game company must follow, or are they free to set the trigger for the platinum trophy as they please?

But my point is, the trophy is awarded for golding all races, events and licences. Now to most people that would be everything, all A-spec, all b-spec, all special events and licences. That would give you an unofficial 100%.
It would appear that only each event series needs to completed, be it A-spec and/or b-spec to give you the trophy and 'official' 100%, which I believe won't actually be 100%.

Why you bringing "unofficial/official" 100% completions into it! We are just talking about the completion status in your profile. Surely that is the only one that matters as no where does it state that Gold Standard trophy = official 100%.
 
I don't have every game on the PS3. Even I did and this were true, is it a rule that every game company must follow, or are they free to set the trigger for the platinum trophy as they please?



Why you bringing "unofficial/official" 100% completions into it! We are just talking about the completion status in your profile.

Don't know about the free trigger with game company, but every game i've seen, with trophies, the platinum trophy has always the same message..



👍
 
Don't get me wrong though, you may very well be right Dennisch and it is based on PSN trophies only. It's just my personal hope that people can't get the Platinum trophy without having had the pleasure of doing the 24hr nurb enduro.
 
I don't have every game on the PS3. Even I did and this were true, is it a rule that every game company must follow, or are they free to set the trigger for the platinum trophy as they please?



Why you bringing "unofficial/official" 100% completions into it! We are just talking about the completion status in your profile.

If someone said that they have 100% in gt5 and not being aware of how it works, you would think that they have won EVERY race and event.

It would appear that to get a 100% compete in your gt life profile, you DON'T need to have won every race. Just the event series in either A-spec or b-spec.

As I said 7 more 24hr races to go, if after that its 100% as I expect it to be, I will let you know. If the remaining 9 A-spec endurance races total up to 1% to get me up to 100% again I will let you know!

In regards to the original question, I believe you can get 100% without doing b-spec (as I mentioned right at the beginning).
 
Don't get me wrong though, you may very well be right Dennisch and it is based on PSN trophies only. It's just my personal hope that people can't get the Platinum trophy without having had the pleasure of doing the 24hr nurb enduro.

ah, but they have to do it, 1 time, a or b spec!
 
ah, but they have to do it, 1 time, a or b spec!

Sorry when I said "the pleasure" I meant a-spec. So if it is based on PSN trophies, there is a 50/50 chance they only did it in b-spec.

It would appear that to get a 100% compete in your gt life profile, you DON'T need to have won every race. Just the event series in either A-spec or b-spec.

In regards to the original question, I believe you can get 100% without doing b-spec (as I mentioned right at the beginning).

Why oh why are you still saying this when two people have already said otherwise based on something they have seen with their own eyes! I've already stated (as has SmokingCones) that I saw my percentage increase after doing an event in b-spec that I'd already done in a-spec. There is no room for a mistake to be made, I did an event, the % increased, simple as that.
 
Last edited:
My head hurts.... :banghead:

Why do people keep asking stupid questions like what % do I get for doing this or not doing this ? What do I need to do to get Platinum ?

WE DO NOT KNOW.

PD have written nothing about it except giving us trophy descriptions and we know that they are not always 'precise'. eg the race series and gold standard trophies.

Until someone gets Platinum or 100% and states what they have done to get it, we do not even have a yardstick, otherwise all statements are just suggestions or assumptions and not facts.
 
Sorry when I said "the pleasure" I mean't a-spec. So if it is based on PSN trophies, there is a 50/50 chance they only did it in b-spec.



Why oh why are you still saying this when two people have already said otherwise based on something they have seen with their own eyes! I've already stated (as has SmokingCones) that I saw my percentage increase after doing an event in b-spec that I'd already done in a-spec. There is no room for a mistake to be made, I did an event, the % increased, simple as that.

I'm glad you edited that as i dont like being called a liar.

I will know in a couple of weeks. All i'm saying that as far as i'm aware, you dont have to, if you do, fair enough. In time, I will win all races, so I know i've done everything, whether its recognised or not.
 
I'm glad you edited that as i dont like being called a liar.
:lol: don't worry, at no point did I call you a liar. I used the word in another sense. Also winning and just getting a trophy are two different things. I'm not sure if gold trophies give you more game completion than bronze/silver trophies.
 
Last edited:
My head hurts.... :banghead:

Why do people keep asking stupid questions like what % do I get for doing this or not doing this ? What do I need to do to get Platinum ?

WE DO NOT KNOW.

PD have written nothing about it except giving us trophy descriptions and we know that they are not always 'precise'. eg the race series and gold standard trophies.

Until someone gets Platinum or 100% and states what they have done to get it, we do not even have a yardstick, otherwise all statements are just suggestions or assumptions and not facts.

You do know, but you don't want to give in to the simple facts.
 
You do know, but you don't want to give in to the simple facts.

Are you yanking StevenDunn99's chain, or do you have facts for us regarding the platinum trophy and/or 100% completion (as viewable on your in-game profile)? :)
 
dabest2500, why are you throwing around "facts"? Considering no one has come forward with proof, how can you be sure that Platinum is awarded for getting all PSN trophies? Maybe it's all in-game trophies?

There was a thread that showed someone with Gold Standard but doesn't have B-Spec at level 40.
There is no trophy for 100% completion.
 
Are you pulling StevenDunn99's leg, or do you have facts for us regarding the platinum trophy and/or 100% completion (as viewable on your in-game profile)?

Platinum tropy is simple logic, get all other trophies. stop that discussion.

100% ingame, is completing all events, a or b spec.
You can test this by completing a event, and then do the same event in the other Spec, you will see that the % stays the same, with mine it did.

But i do love to pull a leg or 2. (or a chain)
 
Yes I am sure. Kaz was probably talking about the two completion movies you can unlock.

Ok. A misinterpretation on my part then. Cheers 👍
 
There is no trophy for 100% completion.

You may very well be right. In fact 99% of me agrees with you that the platinum trophy is for all psn trophies. But until someone does get the platinum trophy, I can't be sure that it is given for all PSN trophies. PD have thrown us one to many surprises for me to be sure of anything until I've got proof.

Platinum tropy is simple logic, get all other trophies. stop that discussion.

You can test this by completing a event, and then do the same event in the other Spec, you will see that the % stays the same, with mine it did.

Good luck applying logic to everything PD does. ;)

What you probably saw with regard to in-game completion not increasing was due to it not displaying decimal places. B-spec does count towards in-game completion and you have to do the event in both a-spec and b-spec. Of this I have no doubt because I have seen it increase after doing a b-spec event which I had already done in a-spec. Because it did not increase for you does not prove otherwise. :banghead:
 
Last edited:
Platinum tropy is simple logic, get all other trophies. stop that discussion.

100% ingame, is completing all events, a or b spec. You can test this by completing a event, and then do the same event in the other Spec, you will see that the % stays the same, with mine it did.

But i do love to pull a leg or 2. (or a chain)
By platinum I was of course referring to the details not the trophies themselves ...but with PD... well.. who knows
I suggested all bronzes earlier, but I only gold races so have absolutely no idea myself.
Leg remains the same length...just a few more bumps on the head. :lol:
 
You can test this by completing a event, and then do the same event in the other Spec, you will see that the % stays the same, with mine it did.

Keep in mind that an event will not give you a whole % usually, so ofcourse it'll stay the same.

I'm positive that you have to do BOTH A-spec and B-spec races to get 100% in-game completion. I started with A-spec, golded all events (just no endurance yet) and after that I started with B-spec. My % went up after every few events. I finished both A-spec and B-spec now except both 24H races in A-spec and Nurburgring 24H in B-spec. I'm at 98% in-game completion, I'm sure these 24H races give 0,5% each and I'm actually at 98,5% but it doesn't show.
 
Keep in mind that an event will not give you a whole % usually, so ofcourse it'll stay the same.

I'm positive that you have to do BOTH A-spec and B-spec races to get 100% in-game completion. I started with A-spec, golded all events (just no endurance yet) and after that I started with B-spec. My % went up after every few events. I finished both A-spec and B-spec now except both 24H races in A-spec and Nurburgring 24H in B-spec. I'm at 98% in-game completion and I'm sure these 24H races give 0,5% each and I'm actually at 98,5% but it doesn't show.

:D 👍 thank you.
 
Facts!

I have a mixture of gold, silver and bronze in all the special events and licences.
I have all gold up to the last endurance race, in b-spec.
I have all gold (apart from two 12th positions in the fgt race) up to endurance.

I have completion showing as 98%.

So all that needs to be done (a-spec) is all the endurance races and the two fgt races. B-spec, only the last 24hr Nurburgring race.

Ive noticed that after each race win for the first time, the completion goes up by around 2% or so. I find it hard to believe that the last 13 races, for me will add up to just under 0.2% each.

I'm sure we all in agreement that 100% should be 100%, not a mixture of both, if thats the case.


But as i've mentioned several times, in a couple of weeks time, when i get the last b-spec endurance done, all will be revealed!
 
Back