What's the ugliest new car on sale today?

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T
  • 272 comments
  • 13,103 views
chinny
Anything Chris Bangle designs is pretty much awful looking. I love BMW's but bangle needs a pineapple shoved up his backside for what he's done to the 5-7 series.
The new Monaro/GTO with the two bonnet scoops looks ridiculous too, they are the wrong shape and in the wrong place.

Some people loves Chris Bangle for the design on the newer BMWs.
Some people hates Chris Bangle for the design on the newer BMWs.

I am not that fond of the newer BMWs either - I would take the M3 E46 over any new BMWs, base on looks. The E36 was also very sexy. 👍
 
rollazn
Some people loves Chris Bangle for the design on the newer BMWs.
Some people hates Chris Bangle for the design on the newer BMWs.
No, I hate him because I hear he kicks small dogs and never tips his waitress.
Really, what else is there to base an opinion on? The only thing I know about him other then his present BMW design-chiefedness is that he designed the Fiat Turbo Coupe, which is less stupid looking then anything he's done for BMW.
 
BlazinXtreme
usa_2004_SCION_XB_spe_4_x_exfrdrvr75_x.jpg


I can't understand why they sell, the are ugly, cheaply built, and have no power.


Yeah I also have to say that I like the Cube.... They are really individual cars that gave Japan streets a special touch; I also sat in one in a autosaloon it'S not that bad, then again it certainly no beauty.... but personally I wouldn't say it is really ugly...
 
Here's a Nissan Cube:

nissancube0348og.jpg
 
G.T
Here's a Nissan Cube:

nissancube0348og.jpg

Oh, indeed... I thought that this was the same car, just the American version... Well, I should have taken a closer look...
 
powripper

I thought that the Multipla had had a facelift since that model (Since only 4 people in the whole world bought one. And two of those people were blind. And the other two were insane.) , so technically it's not a new car.

Still deserves a spot in the ugly cars of all time list though.
 
I thought that the Multipla had had a facelift since that model (Since only 4 people in the whole world bought one. And two of those people were blind. And the other two were insane.) , so technically it's not a new car.
Beat you to it :p
And my mates cousins have a multipla. I almost throw up whenever I see it. Though the inside is kind of funky.
 
ExigeExcel
Beat you to it :p
And my mates cousins have a multipla. I almost throw up whenever I see it. Though the inside is kind of funky.
My Dad used to have one and don't be decieved by the looks of it. Inside it's a cracking car. 👍
 
Unfortunately they still produce these:

731111.jpg


Whenever I see one I nearly throw up then think of the either/both of the following:

If its a man driving:

"Hey look at me I'm gay!" No offense intended to gay people, but sorry but its one of the most 'gay' looking cars you can buy in my view.

or

"Look at me I'm driving a mobile phone on wheels!"

There are small economical cars and then there are stupid cars that take it too far.
 
a6m5
As for pick, off top of my head:

pt-cruiser.jpg
It looks even worse in convertible guise.

ptcruiser_convert.jpg


It's looks kind of like the bland, boring, and even slower brother of a Plymouth Prowler. Terrible.

BlazinXtreme
usa_2004_SCION_XB_spe_4_x_exfrdrvr75_x.jpg


I can't understand why they sell, the are ugly, cheaply built, and have no power.
This I don't understand either. Firstly, how the hell are these things considered hip? They have all the style of a box, I mean just look at the damn thing! While they are not cheaply built (It is a rebadged Toyota), they are hideously anemic. My mom's Hyundai could easily outpace one of these monstrosities.

And there are plenty of practical vehicles that don't look ridiculous. If you want an example, just look at the facelifted Multipla. It still has the good interior of the old one, but you won't want to beat your face in when you look at it from the outside.

T5-R
Unfortunately they still produce these:

731111.jpg


Whenever I see one I nearly throw up then think of the either/both of the following:

If its a man driving:

"Hey look at me I'm gay!" No offense intended to gay people, but sorry but its one of the most 'gay' looking cars you can buy in my view.

or

"Look at me I'm driving a mobile phone on wheels!"

There are small economical cars and then there are stupid cars that take it too far.

I hate the Smart car. Sure, it's got good fuel economy, but that's about the only thing it has going for it.

It can't carry anything. You can probably carry more luggage in a Ferrari.

And it's it's unsafe for two reasons. Firstly, it's small, way too small. I'd never want to be in one of these when we have hordes of moronic idiots driving massive SUVs around the streets of Toronto. And to compound that issue, many of these drivers don't pay attention to their driving. And the second reason the Smart is unsafe, is it's handling. Just look at it; the tires have a pitiful contact patch, and it's tall and short, giving it a center of gravity similar to that of a bowling pin! Don't believe it handles that poorly? If you have a chance, watch the Top Gear comedy handling awards from last series. I have never seen anything with so much understeer.

I see no reason why you can't get a Civic instead of this. They cost the same (A base model Civic may even be cheaper in Canada), the Civic still gets excellent fuel mileage, but the Civic can hold 5 people as opposed to 2, it has a good, useable trunk, and it has decent handling.
 
y Dad used to have one and don't be decieved by the looks of it. Inside it's a cracking car.
The central vents rock!

The only good thing going for the Smart is that it can perpendicular park in a parallel parking bay.
 
I win...

Toyota Yaris Verso:
2003_yaris_verso_3.jpg

Not good...

2003_yaris_verso_4.jpg

Worse.

toyota_yaris_verso_2.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
 
Wow, you poor UKers get some really fugly compacts.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, I remeber the Kenari now. It was the runner up to the smart in Top Gear's comedy handling awards. It somehow managed to both heavily understeer and oversteer at the same time! :lol:
 
Ev0
Wow, you poor UKers get some really fugly compacts.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, I remeber the Kenari now. It was the runner up to the smart in Top Gear's comedy handling awards. It somehow managed to both heavily understeer and oversteer at the same time! :lol:
I remember that. I laughed my head off at the oversteer. :lol:
 
Emohawk
No, I hate him because I hear he kicks small dogs and never tips his waitress.
Really, what else is there to base an opinion on? The only thing I know about him other then his present BMW design-chiefedness is that he designed the Fiat Turbo Coupe, which is less stupid looking then anything he's done for BMW.

I love witty comments. Ha-ha I’m just joking.

Chris Bangle is the design boss of the BMW Group, which includes Mini and Rolls-Royce. There are a lot of people like you who dislike or disagree with the way Chris Bangle is designing the BMWs. There was even an attempt to get him fired with the “Stop Chris Bangle petition”. Didn’t work.

The point is that the BMW board of directors, who hired Chris Bangle to design the BMW and to move the company's image forward, likes it. In fact I heard that they specifically asked for Chris Bangle.

Anyways enough of Chris Bangle, it’s merely a personal opinion. I’m not trying to change that.

On the other hand I still think it’s insane to say the Honda Element or the Pontiac Aztek looks better than the 1 series. And I’m not that big of a fan of Chris Bangle either. I’m not so fond of the way he changed BMW either – but that doesn’t matter.
 
Ev0
Wow, you poor UKers get some really fugly compacts.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, I remeber the Kenari now. It was the runner up to the smart in Top Gear's comedy handling awards. It somehow managed to both heavily understeer and oversteer at the same time! :lol:

What an accomplishment – I think it deserves a round of applauds. I wish this car was in GT4. :indiff:
 
rollazn
What an accomplishment – I think it deserves a round of applauds. I wish this car was in GT4. :indiff:


Its basically the Daihatsu move you know..... :)

This is the worse. It also has a huge rear wing and skirts all round. This is the only pic I can find though.
Accent%20RX-S_inside.jpg


Imagine showroom rice......... :crazy:
 
TsLeng
Its basically the Daihatsu move you know..... :)

This is the worse. It also has a huge rear wing and skirts all round. This is the only pic I can find though.
Accent%20RX-S_inside.jpg


Imagine showroom rice......... :crazy:

It's not rice if it's from the auto manufacturer's factory in my eyes. There's a Suzuki Aerio that was pimped from the Suzuki performance house that looks great in my opinion. Better than any ****ed up Civic or Integra ricer in my eyes.

2005_0416Image0061.jpg
 
But you get the accent 'rx-s' with all the bodykit which is useless without any performance upgrade!! :dopey:

Its crazy! The only consolation is you only add a litle extra for it.
 
TsLeng
Its basically the Daihatsu move you know..... :)

This is the worse. It also has a huge rear wing and skirts all round. This is the only pic I can find though.
Accent%20RX-S_inside.jpg


Imagine showroom rice......... :crazy:

Everything is consider "rice" these days. It's amazing.
 
The new Eclipse, which isn't actually on sale yet, is my pick.

It's got an ass that puts Vida Guerra to shame.
 
JCE3000GT
It's not rice if it's from the auto manufacturer's factory in my eyes.

I won't post this image as it's too big...

MG ZS

Box spoiler. Big "rimz". Metal exhaust surround.

On the fabulous 106hp 1.6i (a literally astonishing 85hp/ton), which can manage 0-62mph in 10s (50-70mph in 4th gear takes almost as long again) and a blistering 114mph top speed.
 
Think you can still buy these new but they are being replaced soon (Thank God), the Peugeot 206.

p206-1.jpg


Now I gave this car a chance to grow on me but ever since I dunno 1999? when they came out I have never once liked the look of these cars at all. I've also heard a number of times they handle like crap compared to the 205.

Oh they are sooo ugly. Infact I might say they look worse than the Smart since in the Smarts case there wasn't much they could do with the given space. But the 206 is a medium sized hatchback, it has no such excuse. I hate them so much, I really do and believe me the Smart is stiff competition. Then theres the hairdresser convertible edition and yes a friend of mines mum has a friend who drives one and guess what her job is? Yep hairdresser what a suprise! I should probably stop now, I guess I've established my feint dislike of this cars appearance... ahem.
 
Ghost C
The new Eclipse, which isn't actually on sale yet, is my pick.

It's got an ass that puts Vida Guerra to shame.

The front end of it... :yuck:
 
Famine
I won't post this image as it's too big...

MG ZS

Box spoiler. Big "rimz". Metal exhaust surround.

On the fabulous 106hp 1.6i (a literally astonishing 85hp/ton), which can manage 0-62mph in 10s (50-70mph in 4th gear takes almost as long again) and a blistering 114mph top speed.

Actually that car is cool. I'd drive one here in the states regardless how (not) powerful it is. We don't usually get cool looking domestic cars here in the states like that. I'd own that or the MG ZT any day of the week. 👍
 
Whoa, is it me, or does the new Fiat Multipla seems to have evo 7 headlights?
 
Ghost C
The new Eclipse, which isn't actually on sale yet, is my pick.

It's got an ass that puts Vida Guerra to shame.
You sure? I've seen one on the road a few weeks ago.
 
Back