Votes: 2 2.6%
  • FF

Votes: 64 84.2%
  • FR

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • 4WD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Of the ones you listed I would say FF. But personally the RUF cars and their rear engine really bother me. There should not be that much weight in the back end of the car.

I think the majority would say they like MR the best, followed by 4WD or FR.

Drive cars and figure that out for yourself. The game is set up so you have to use all drivetrains. You'll find out soon enough (if you know what you're doing) what's good and what's not.

The Ruf RGT is close on the best handling car in the game. Certainly no other road car - once prepped to the heights of 1000+ hp - can come close. You're all just Jessies... :D

Originally posted by Famine
The Ruf RGT is close on the best handling car in the game. Certainly no other road car - once prepped to the heights of 1000+ hp - can come close. You're all just Jessies... :D

If you like understeer.

Understeer? What understeer?

For an RR to be driven properly, you brake in a straight line approaching the corner and accelerate as you turn in - this gives you the "pendulum effect". Beats the living hell out of an FR any day.

Take any 1000hp road car (Supra, Speed 12, Esprit, 3000GT and so on) and the Ruf on the same course, and the Ruf will hand asses back all over the shop.

each drive has its own characteristiscs. no one drive is better than the other under all conditions.
this = dumbarse thread.

and those who said RUF is worse than anything, you obviously cant drive. :P

People who attempt to defend the RR drive-layout are dumb. RR is far from a perfect drivetrain. Porsche themselves tried to do away with RR with the 924/928/944 etc. However, Porsche 'fanatics' (aka rich retards) said that they were not "real Porsches."

RR has poor balance. However, saying "which is worst" is also dumb. How much power are we putting down? If you're laying down tons of power, than FF is worst. Torque-steer and wheel hop. If you're putting down moderate power, (~200) I'd say that AWD is the worst; understeer, lots of parasitic power loss.

However, we all know that real men drive MR. And I mean in real life, btw. :D

ahhh... 924, the poor mans porsche. built by audi i believe. audi dont do RR.

the 924, 928, and 944 didn't perform near as good as the RR cars. they were also not as well made.

A friend of mine has a 924S and I can assure you that the car is built hella-well. He beats that thing into the ground and it comes up smiling. :) Handles quite nicely, also. Also faster than another friend's 76 911.

My rule: If
- the car has more than two seats.
- the front wheels are receiving power.
- the engine is not mid-mounted.

than it's a girl's car. :D

your friends 924s is a girls car :P

er, how old is the 924s? is it also a 76 model?
you'll find it to be a whole decade younger probably (1987ish)

Originally posted by ving
your friends 924s is a girls car :P

er, how old is the 924s? is it also a 76 model?
you'll find it to be a whole decade younger probably (1987ish)
]

ving is right...there are certain psuedo sports cars that men buy for thier wifes to keep them happy so they believe that they are driving a performance sports car...

the 928s is a classic example....the Lotus Elise and Fiat Coupe....you ONLY see women driving these cars...Vauxhall 220..

second hand they are as cheap as ****

if your a guy and you have one of these cars then for the love of god sell it and buy something with a bit of power and muscle and self respect....

'ope i didnt offend anyone..:)

I'm not going to respond on the poll, because the question is bogus. However I will post some comments on this subject.

You can't simply ask what is the worst drivetrain; worse at what? Catching fish?

Differing drivetrains have individual strengths and weakness' and the overall design of the car also plays a major role.

Would any of the FR fans hear like to state that a BMW Z-3 is a better car than an Intergra Type-R just because its a FR layout? Having worked in the motor industry for most of my adult life I have been able to drive a huge variety of cars, including the two I've mentioned above. WIthout hesitation the Integra is a better drivers car, irelevent of its drivetrain layout.

While I'm on the subject, Turbosmoke, have you ever driven an Elise? It is without a doubt one of the finest ballanced drivers cars on the face of the planet; want to see some driven by men (and driven quickly and well) attend any track day in the UK.

Which drivetrain is best for a performance car depends on the driver, the conditions and the car. Such a simplistic take on a very complex issue has however got people talking and when ever that happends we can all learn something new.

By the way FR may not be the best, but if you know what your doing it is one of the most fun on a wet track.

I agree with Scaff. Although I am inclined to say that FF is the "worst" (that is, most limited - especially when putting down power) overall, that doesn't mean that it is completely unable to perform. Even a base model Integra is a capable track car - but then again, I'm a touch biased on that issue. ;)

When powering out of a corner, an FF car is more likely to wash out. As a general rule, you can get back into the throttle with an FR car a little earlier and a little harder. So, what I said was also related to handling.

Originally posted by BudNC6721
ff, but the rufs are indeed worse
The Ruf's are worse than FF? So that means that 4WD, RR & MR are all worse?

Originally posted by Scaff
You can't simply ask what is the worst drivetrain; worse at what? Catching fish?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back