What's with the hate on g27s

• Thread starter Tovey13
  • 100 comments

Tovey13

(Banned)
Australia
Bendigo
Hey guys I've been drifting hard out on the g27 for 6 days now I'm picking it up pretty quick with help of drift bible and my trusty over steering vz lol I'm getting drifts great with s15 smooth control just a bit of exit problems but I'll get it as I go .but my question is wtf is with ds3 users bad mouthing my drifting telling me to give up kick me out of rooms what not do they realize how hard this sh.. Is. When I went to a wheel my eyes where opened to how much skill it takes and how it was nothing more then joy stick pong on ds3 left right left right boorrrriiinnggg.. Also any wheel beginers wanna hang out hit my game tag Tovey_4saken hard to track you guys down lol

Wheel drifting deserve double respect. People should be more forgivig with people who is starting this tuff endeavor.

Maybe you had bad luck in the room that you´re joining. My advice so far is that you can stay not so close to the others untill you not be completly warmed.

i honestly passed through that same problem... Even though almost no one knew me... you can ask my friends, I was a beast on the ds3, I got the g27 because I wanted a bigger challange... after i saw KYOKI-Jn drift with a g27 i just got amazed.. I could keep up with him but i knew that he was on a wheel and that the difference between a g27 and a ds3 is huge.... few weeks later i got my g27, when i joined any drift rooms... people called me noob without even knowing how good i was on the ds3 :(

I don't get people who take drifting with a ds3 even seriously. When have you seen real cars drift around corners with their front wheels twitching all over the place, when drifting is really about balance and being smooth. Also what sort of satisfaction can you get when all youre doing is flicking your left thumb left or right depending on which way the corner goes.

It's ds3 drifting which deserves the hate.

I have a DFGT, and I haven't been kicked out of any drifting lobbies just because I use a wheel. It might have been a recent thing that has just started.

He means if your making mistakes because of the wheel.

Get much more used to your wheel before trying to tandem with randomers online.
Find a couple of drifters who you can train and meet with, it would be much more effective to learn with them before you upset others.

Their just mad because they can't afford one. G27's are amazing, I would know. Just keep plugging away at it, don't listen to them.

Their just mad because they can't afford one. G27's are amazing, I would know. Just keep plugging away at it, don't listen to them.
You just won the game.
👍
@OP - Wheels are so much better in general, don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise. If your making mistakes, then join a lobby with me :P. I got my DFGT 3 days ago and I still suck, lmfao.

Cheers for the comments guys yeah I got my drift team reflex D who are still ds3 users and they are very forgiving for my new challenge but none of them are on till late at night so it's been hard to get the practice in before then with others I always pull off the road when I see people coming my way I've opened up a few wheel lobbies but either no one shows or I get ds3 users lol maybe I'll just stick to short track mountain alone in practice chasing ghosts till I meet more wheel users and get better also I'm loving that universal s13 tune just shift weight to 50 and it's sooo smooth lol

I'm no expert but I'd say I'm definitely no beginner so if you'd like, I'd be willing to sit in a lobby and give you some help learning. Just don't expect to being doing reverse entries at 100+mph in a dew hours because learing reverse entries has taken me months, and I still don't always get them perfect. It's all about how your car is tuned, then your throttle and steering inputs being very precise and smooth. It's really an exagerated form of road racing to me since my racing experience helped me drift and when my drifting became very good, my racing skill increased dramatically.

Wow, Reflex Drift Team, is HIGH_PSI in that team?

If you wanna tandem with a G25 user, give us an FR cause I'd be happy to give you a few pointers.

Thanks guys yeah it would be good to have a sesh with fellow wheel users I don't expect to be amazing straight away I know it's going to take me dedication and lots of practice which I'm up for you gotta earn the name drifter lol.. Yeah high psi he's the leader alone with relish lol

Thanks guys yeah it would be good to have a sesh with fellow wheel users I don't expect to be amazing straight away I know it's going to take me dedication and lots of practice which I'm up for you gotta earn the name drifter lol.. Yeah high psi he's the leader alone with relish lol

Wheel users normally don't care about new wheel users joining their rooms. I remember when I first got my DFGT. I was in a room with a bunch of pros and they just let me do my thing, plus they helped with tips.

Yeah I drifted with 1 pro he helped me out with my r31 tune for when I was getting the wheel but haven't seen him since lol when are most wheel users on I am always on weekdays. weekends I go cruising with the mrs and get lost and use the gps to get home great way to find new places and what not lol and some windy roads for later ;) lol

Add me man. I'm always looking to drift with new wheel users. I've got a DFGT myself. :)

Yeah I don't understand the hate either, it's basically the best wheel excluding the 600/700 dollar Fanatec top of the line, or the T500RS for $900 bucks (with the shifter), the G27 is the only higher priced wheel that makes sense, it doesn't for $500 bucks, but for $300/$250 new or ~$200 used, nothing touches it.

Hey guys I've been drifting hard out on the g27 for 6 days now I'm picking it up pretty quick with help of drift bible and my trusty over steering vz lol I'm getting drifts great with s15 smooth control just a bit of exit problems but I'll get it as I go .but my question is wtf is with ds3 users bad mouthing my drifting telling me to give up kick me out of rooms what not do they realize how hard this sh.. Is. When I went to a wheel my eyes where opened to how much skill it takes and how it was nothing more then joy stick pong on ds3 left right left right boorrrriiinnggg.. Also any wheel beginers wanna hang out hit my game tag Tovey_4saken hard to track you guys down lol

Do nothing but ignoring these dummys, they don't have the slightest clue what drifting is. If you say ''Keiichi Tsuchiya'' they will say ''Why do you talk about chinese food?''

Do nothing but ignoring these dummys, they don't have the slightest clue what drifting is. If you say ''Keiichi Tsuchiya'' they will say ''Why do you talk about chinese food?''

What monsterGAUZ said 👍 .

Tovey13
Yeah I drifted with 1 pro he helped me out with my r31 tune for when I was getting the wheel but haven't seen him since lol when are most wheel users on I am always on weekdays. weekends I go cruising with the mrs and get lost and use the gps to get home great way to find new places and what not lol and some windy roads for later ;) lol

Dude if your looking for somewhere with wheel users to drift on weekdays THRASHBOX has a drift room open usually everyday of the week that your welcome to come along to 👍
Oh and we all have g27s :)

Lol why would you get double respect ? That's nonsence, you get respect or you don't.

I respect everyone who tries to drift, if you use a controller or wheel I don't care, as long as you won't use weird cars or tires, I'm always up to help everyone, anywhere, anytime. I know how hard it is to leave your stick and then use a wheel, I am going through that process myself, but it's not like drifting smooth on a controller is the easiest case in the world.

Thanks for all the help guys and I'll ad everyone who wants a sesh when I get home tomorrow hey thrashbox haze I never knew all you guys are on wheels lol had a few in reflex lobbies and I used to join your mountain seshs back on ds3 ha I see your team rooms all the time me and psi helped out few of your guys with cars he's got hard to find modern cars and I have all the classic Japanese and USA cars

I'd be down to drift sometime, as I'm still getting used to my G25. Thing is I don't play that often, because taking out and putting away my G25 is annoying if I'm not gonna be playing for long, which is how it works out usually.
Edit:I also don't have a good place to mount my wheel either.

I'd like to drift with other wheel users too. I use a DFGT and I am very good with it.

I don't think people hate wheel drifters they just hate wheel drifters who suck lol. That goes for anyone who sucks tho. I would say just go practice mode and get the hang of it a lot more than show off online. I tried drifting with a wheel when I was first learning and it was too crazy. I wanted to learn so bad and didn't want to give up however it had to be done. Ironically best decision I ever made lol.

Shmogt I know it can really can be a pain setting up the wheel but at the the same time changing rims after 6 laps irl drift wouldn't be fun either haha dude I'm just using a ironing board at the moment lol 160 off my rig due to car rego boo lol

Back