What's with the hate on g27s

• Thread starter Tovey13
  • 100 comments
Simply know your limits, if you can't run with the other guys, just keep on practicing by yourself.
Atleast that's what I did.

In all honesty, I NEVER had a problem with being kicked for having a wheel, really? Unless you're straight bragging to everyone that you have a wheel?

Trust me, I have seen so many pretentious wheel owners on drift lobbies... Thinking they're better than everyone in the room because they're using a wheel.

You should create a lobby and name it "New Wheel drifters." That's it.

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/16662821.jpg

In all seriousness that's probably the best way to go, just open up a room and drift away.

Without you telling them, how do people figure out that you have a wheel in the first place?

How they steer the car, if it's twitchy and turns very fast then it's a DS3 user. If it's smoother and slower then its a wheel user.

OK8
I don't get people who take drifting with a ds3 even seriously. When have you seen real cars drift around corners with their front wheels twitching all over the place, when drifting is really about balance and being smooth. Also what sort of satisfaction can you get when all youre doing is flicking your left thumb left or right depending on which way the corner goes.

It's ds3 drifting which deserves the hate.

I wouldn't say that DS3 drifting deserves the hate simply because not everyone has the money for a wheel. If they are being assholes then start your own lobby.(that is what I do)

Reflex D has broke up :( so I'm going to have plenty of midnight lobby searching on my hands I've been making rooms but some reason my nets playing up its 500 gig and I'm getting disconnected that's bs lol so here's to the g27 journey maybe 2 more months and I'll be team hunting. Wish me luck

but GTP people seem you have a lot of problems..

hate against AWD/4WD drifting
hate against none CH drifting
hate against MR drifting
hate against speed drifting instead of angle
hate against aggressive driving
hate against contact/ramming <<< I agree with this one
hate against new players<<< only the people who arent GTP seem to have that problem.......

Woah there is hate for MR drifting? Is it because they THINK it is easier to initiate drifts with more over steer or sumthing? Wth?

hate against MR drifting
hate against new players<<< only the people who arent GTP seem to have that problem.......

Woah there is hate for MR drifting? Is it because they THINK it is easier to initiate drifts with more over steer or sumthing? Wth?

MR Drifting: Just because MRs aren't allowed in some comps doesn't mean we hate them. We actually drift MRs. If they're banned in some comps it's just to make it more equally for everyone in terms of the cars they use.

"Speed drifting": If the drifter is getting no angle just to go faster it's becomes more like touge not drifting, but if you're going fast & still getting angle then we don't have any type of problem with it.

MR Drifting: Just because MRs aren't allowed in some comps doesn't mean we hate them. We actually drift MRs. If they're banned in some comps it's just to make it more equally for everyone in terms of the cars they use.

"Speed drifting": If the drifter is getting no angle just to go faster it's becomes more like touge not drifting, but if you're going fast & still getting angle then we don't have any type of problem with it.

you do have a problem with it, because my RX-7 is a drift car with massive angle and speed. but you have a problem with what tires i use, i simply enter it in touge because it is fun. :)

any ways we went off topic. simple thing is none wheel users don't understand how hard it is, ignore them.

Last edited:
Tovey, if you need any help drop by the Team Mallala thread, maybe a few locals can help you out 👍

hate against MR drifting

Uhh, for starters what does this have to do with anything regarding hate on G27's?

Please ask these questions somewhere else besides this thread.

Hey, hey, hey!!!! Calm the freaking down, everyone. This thread should be a place to show mercy and forgiveness for wheel users starters, not a place for retaliation and hate against non wheel users. Get a grip, people!

Backing on topics. I dont think that create a room limited for "newbie wheel users" is a great idea. Because its easier to hang on with experienced people and learn their tricks than a bunch of people without knowing what they are doing, and crashing a lot. So... build your networks, find your tutors and learn it right. Not everyone is autodidact on drifting.

you do have a problem with it, because my RX-7 is a drift car with massive angle and speed. but you have a problem with what tires i use, i simply enter it in touge because it is fun. :)

I don't have any problem with touge, just don't try to come and mix it with drifting. You keep talking about how your RX-7 "gets massive angle with racing slicks" but the proven fact is that cars in GT5 can't hold angle with racing slicks, people hit the e-brake, snap their car then snap it back and they think they're drifting. Just the fact that you're using racing slicks on that RX-7 states that it's not a drift car.

Last edited:
Stavingo
Tovey, if you need any help drop by the Team Mallala thread, maybe a few locals can help you out 👍

Uhh, for starters what does this have to do with anything regarding hate on G27's?

Please ask these questions somewhere else besides this thread.

A guy on page 3 said it, I just failed at quoting him.

I don't have any problem with touge, just don't try to come and mix it with drifting. You keep talking about how your RX-7 "gets massive angle with racing slicks" but the proven fact is that cars in GT5 can't hold angle with racing slicks, people hit the e-brake, snap their car then snap it back and they think they're drifting. Just the fact that you're using racing slicks on that RX-7 states that it's not a drift car.

that's only because they don't put the practice in to perform such angle on those tires.

I just got a G27 and I really can't drift with it... It took me almost an hour of trying to gold the classic Japanese car drift event at Suzuka. My best drift car with the DS3 was a KPGC10 with around 400bhp, but with the G27 I really can't handle it well at all so I took the massive turbo off of it and I think it's a little more manageable now... I'm scared to even try my X540, C12 or Carlton, and I'm definitely not going online until I've got some kind of consistency back. I think if I were to get round to attaching my wheel mount to my seat I'd find the whole winding off opposite lock thing a bit easier, though, but it doesn't move that much as it is.

neema_t
I just got a G27 and I really can't drift with it... It took me almost an hour of trying to gold the classic Japanese car drift event at Suzuka. My best drift car with the DS3 was a KPGC10 with around 400bhp, but with the G27 I really can't handle it well at all so I took the massive turbo off of it and I think it's a little more manageable now... I'm scared to even try my X540, C12 or Carlton, and I'm definitely not going online until I've got some kind of consistency back. I think if I were to get round to attaching my wheel mount to my seat I'd find the whole winding off opposite lock thing a bit easier, though, but it doesn't move that much as it is.

Practice, practice, practice oh and try practice online in your lounge or something because if you get the feel for offline its going to feel weird when you go back online as there is a noticeable difference in physics which is amplified when using the g27

that's only because they don't put the practice in to perform such angle on those tires.

But what's the point in using them.... you don't see any real life drift cars with slicks. It's pointless, you want less grip for drifting, a lil grip is good but slicks are extremely grippy.

But what's the point in using them.... you don't see any real life drift cars with slicks. It's pointless, you want less grip for drifting, a lil grip is good but slicks are extremely grippy.

The point is i enjoy it, and racing hards are only grippy if you try to keep grip... if you do braking drifts e brake drifts power overs ETC they become slick.

Hot dog I'm getting these drifts down :) found my man issue was over correcting fixed that up and improving reflexes with tight rally tracks all I got to do now is start linking the corners and increase the speed a lil and I will be ready to tackle some tandems :P

I can't for the life of me make the transition from DS3 to DFGT...and god knows I've tried! Its just really really tough

You can trust me it took me about a month before i could drift with my wheel just practice practice practice.

Hell, I've been drifting on a dfp, and most recently a G27, since summer of 2011 and I still don't have it down perfect. If I practice on one track, I can't switch to another track without looking like I've never heard of what a car is. It takes tons of practice to become great at it so don't expect to be doing reverse entries and tandems the first week of using a wheel.

Similar situation here. Very competant on the ds3, as well as racing on my G25, but drifting is a bit of a steeper learning curve. I've never been kicked out of a room for using a wheel, but then again I rarely drift online with it.
I'm getting pretty good drifting in practice/drift mode but it's totally differant and alot less forgiving online. Add me if you want someone to learn with!

If any of you guys can grab Richard burns rally do it and once you've mastered the tests go back to gt5 and it's a whole lot easier I've been drifting on g27 for 2 weeks and I am getting most corners down easy and I'm working my way up to tandems just 10 bucks to get that learning curve out of the way quickly. well it worked for me lol :)

The best thing is that once you learn to drift properly, you're racing gets quicker too. After I started getting really good at drifting, I started racing again and I was shaving upwards of two seconds off some of my lap times because I was better at using different parts of the screen to look where I am regarding the apex and track edges. I drift from the cockpit view so I'm alwas looking out the passenger side of the windshield or the drivers window.

Back