What's your drift style like?

• Thread starter squirlybmx
  • 86 comments

My style, :D, i try to get tons of angle with a clean line, its really frustrading since i got my wheel 2 months and few weeks ago and im only able to practice on weekends, so i cant put as much time as i wish to practice

DriftShiro
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQ95YIIAOw">YouTube Link</a>

My style, :D, i try to get tons of angle with a clean line, its really frustrading since i got my wheel 2 months and few weeks ago and im only able to practice on weekends, so i cant put as much time as i wish to practice

Yea shiro nice run boi

DriftShiro
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQ95YIIAOw">YouTube Link</a>

Aha I love the "wait for it... wait for it... BOOM" downshift and backfire going into the first of the S's. Great video

My style is kinda very strange. I can say I have 2 drifting styles for different situations.

1. Serious grip drifting. Its about drifting with nearly 0 angle with max speed. This is awesome, when you feel that one more wrong move and you will start sliding. I use it quite rare nowadays (except when I'm drifting with my team). Its really like cheating. I use it when I need to find someone on a big track, or when someone, who I don't like is on my tale. Or just when I'm in a bad mood. I tandem quite often with my teammates who are using this style. This looks cool and shows the reall controll, and setup difference.

2. Fast tandem so to say. Its when you pass course in a very fast drift, but whith more angle, transitions, agressive nearly 90+ entries. But still keep quite small angle through the corner. This style is changeable, depending on whos your oponent. If you are faster, but want to keep tandem, you must go wih big angle on transitions and through the corners. (Note - if my oponent is so stupid that doesn't know how to catch up, Ill leave him back there even with big angle) If your oponent is doing good you must keep middle angle, not to make him brake very hard and copy your big angle, and to keep him from going with 0 angle. Comfort tandem endurence drifting. If you are slower, you can keep smaller angle, but you must be sure that your oponent want to tandem with you, or he will just pass you with 0 angle. (Note - all of these is acceptable only to people who knows how to drift fast and are really good at grip and angle controll)

My style is kinda very strange. I can say I have 2 drifting styles for different situations.

1. Serious grip drifting. Its about drifting with nearly 0 angle with max speed. This is awesome, when you feel that one more wrong move and you will start sliding. I use it quite rare nowadays (except when I'm drifting with my team). Its really like cheating. I use it when I need to find someone on a big track, or when someone, who I don't like is on my tale. Or just when I'm in a bad mood. I tandem quite often with my teammates who are using this style. This looks cool and shows the reall controll, and setup difference.

2. Fast tandem so to say. Its when you pass course in a very fast drift, but whith more angle, transitions, agressive nearly 90+ entries. But still keep quite small angle through the corner. This style is changeable, depending on whos your oponent. If you are faster, but want to keep tandem, you must go wih big angle on transitions and through the corners. (Note - if my oponent is so stupid that doesn't know how to catch up, Ill leave him back there even with big angle) If your oponent is doing good you must keep middle angle, not to make him brake very hard and copy your big angle, and to keep him from going with 0 angle. Comfort tandem endurence drifting. If you are slower, you can keep smaller angle, but you must be sure that your oponent want to tandem with you, or he will just pass you with 0 angle. (Note - all of these is acceptable only to people who knows how to drift fast and are really good at grip and angle controll)

Interesting 👍

I know you... and you are being honest. 👍
But at least with me you did go more chilled and forgiving, or else there would not have any tandem, hahahaha...

I know you... and you are being honest. 👍
But at least with me you did go more chilled and forgiving, or else there would not have any tandem, hahahaha...

I remember you 👍 We should drift again together on some custom tracks. That was fun even though I was quite relaxed :D Add my Raven_Leo account, please (^_^)

I was good at drifitng unknown courses... Now I feel I'm loosing this ability...

Depending on how much straight there is b4 a corner I try to get that precise moment where you can start the drift way early and not use the brakes but the friction of the tires sliding to slow you down, then once in the corner it's all angle. (show drift)
I also have a speed drift where I enter the corner as of I were driving a GT car and try to maintain the smallest angle but not straightening out. It is quite demanding because of the precise throttle control which isn't too bad with a G27.
I also seem to be good at mimicking other peoples style after following them for a couple of laps, which makes tandeming really fun :)

for me i get loose very early in a corner ussally by locking the ebrake and giving 75% gass then flooring it to round the courner

Back on the ds3 I was aggressive big entry's big angles now on the wheel I'm very smooth nice realistic angles and now my favorite thing to do is smooth four wheel drifts on big corners which I had never experienced on the ds3 or just couldn't feel how great it feels lol

I just take massively powerful rwd cars let go of the gas use faint motion then floor it the speed and angle depends on what type of corner
If its a fast corner I go fast if it's slow I make a better angle of its a wide fast corner I go slow it just depends what corner

I just take massively powerful rwd cars let go of the gas use faint motion then floor it the speed and angle depends on what type of corner
If its a fast corner I go fast if it's slow I make a better angle of its a wide fast corner I go slow it just depends what corner
Thats what I do. I use a maxed out Toyota Supra RZ and a maxed out Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe. 1000bhp beast.

Thats what I do. I use a maxed out Toyota Supra RZ and a maxed out Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe. 1000bhp beast.[/QUOTE]

I Didn't know you could get 1000bhp out of the coupe I thought it was only the srt10 acr that could get 1000bhp

Slow entry, 1 gear per drift, on the rev limit, hold as much angle as possible. That being said, I'm not very clean yet. Tracks with walls give me issues. If I get too close to the wall, it eats me alive. If I'm not close to the wall, I don't get good points. I go all out every time, wild and crazy. I have never tandemed and I would probably get kicked from the room if I tried. :dopey:

I'm starting to get better at holding the line, but I will need many more hours of practice. I've only been drifting since January, but I'm doing fairly well in the Drift Trials. Was 450th in the Tsukuba, German Car event as of last night.

Back