What's your least favorite corner in any track?

I was going to say all of the chicanes at the Yas Marina circuit (they ruin the flow of the circuit), but since it's not in the game I'm going to go with Flugplatz on the Nordschleife. A crest that turns into a jump at high speeds placed directly before a tricky high-speed corner? What the heck were they thinking?
Overtaking opportunities? What a waste if all the cars have a good exit to the straight.

Another vote for the last corner at Fuji.
1. Technical - It's tricky to get it right.
2. Importance - It's absolutely crucial to get it right as it leads onto the longest straight.
3. Psychological - If I've done a good lap up to that point I'm almost guaranteed to mess it up.

Are you serious? Daytona Speedway has some of the easiest corners.
image.jpg

Now in order of hatred;
The right hand kink before "Degner" at Suzuka Circuit
"T6" at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
"T13" at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
"Paddock Hill Bend" and "Sheene's" at Brands Hatch

For me it has to be Adenauer Forst on the Nurburgring. 80% of the time i break to late or just fall our of the track on the lighter corners before the couple of sharp ones come on.

The first corner on brands hatch. I can't get it right for some reason. And the chicane on cote d azure . the wall has claws.

I make no bones of the fact I love Spa. Its perfection. And the reason is it doesnt seem to have a bad corner.

Almost every track has that one or two corners that you *recognise* and at best, you have to mentally beat yourself over the head to 'be careful' here and even if you cut it clean and make it out, its never fun.

Or you dont recognise it until too late and you fluff it. So basically its never quite fun. You just have to get over it.

For drifting, I have a few corners that give me fits.

1. Not sure what turn number it is, but at GVS, the left hander coming out of the first tunnel. I've drifted GVS for nearly 5 years, and still mess this corner up regularly. I always 🤬 the initiation and entry, and shoot off into the gravel.

2. Turn 1 at Suzuka. Doing this corner at full speed, initiating off the Pit wall, is a real handful. You have to slow down enough to make the corner, but not so much that you slide down the banking and come up short in the second half of the corner. This corner is really tough to chase through.

3. Brands Hatch Indy Circuit 80s, done in reverse...the 1st corner of this config (last corner of forward direction) is really really tricky to get right....but when you get the line correct, it's a beautiful feeling. Still, I spend more time in the sand trap here than not :lol:

The Ascari track has some rather nasty corners. And I am not a big fan of the blind corner at Willow Springs.

I don't particularly hate any corners, except maybe the twister at Cape Ring, simply for how unlike any real track it is.
Oh, and Matterhorn Riffelsee (2.05 miles) has some utter bollock-wranglers (that's a word, now).

First corner of Daytona Infield, unless if my car has understeer, getting through that corner feels like I'm just flipping a coin to see if I make it

Daytona Road Course turn 1 is hard to spot the braking for no matter how many times you've driven it... being on a slight bend as well as coming down the apron from the speedway to the flat track it means turning whilst braking which just makes for an unhappy experience.

Have never really liked the mini Karussell on the Nordschleife either because your car can just bottom out there and chuck you off no matter how careful you are.
The trick to turn 1 is to brake as you're turning off the banking, release the brake at the grass and coast for a but, then get back on the brakes for corner entry.

It's one of my favorite corners of any track I've raced on.

Can't stand any corners at Silverstone! So boring...... Also the first turn at Fuji. your doing 190, then 40, then back up to 190mph after another 15 seconds...

So far turn 1 of Daytona RC is leading by a long bit. Personally it's one of my favorites.

Buuuuut, on the other side of the speedway you find one of my most hated corners in all of gran turismo; the bus stop chicane. I've run Daytona RC for years in every sim i could, and i love the chicane. But Gran Turismo uses the wrong and now non-existent layout for the chicane. This throws off my rhythm completely every lap because I'm so used to the quick change from left to right. However now i have a full straightaway in between the two areas, and in high power low df vehicles (the ones i love the most) it basically produces a new braking zone that isn't there.

Going into turn 1 at red bull ring. Yea it looks simple but it's not. You wanna get the corner right without going off the track because you would get loose and the car will just be out of control. I see a lot of people go off track online going into 1 at that track and I see they get really loose.

Back