PS4 Wheel Advice - Choosing between T300 and G29 - including a Poll

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by Lanius1984, Jun 12, 2015.

?

Which Wheel would you choose?

1. Thrustmaster T300RS

202 vote(s)
    69.9%
  2. Logitech G29

87 vote(s)
    30.1%
  1. skazz

skazz

The stock T300RS pedals are worse. Definitely worse than G27. The plastic base is not rigid enough and the brake pedal isn't firm enough to threshold brake comfortably (although it is better than the DFGT pedals). Accelerator is acceptable.

If you still have your G27 pedals, Thrustmaster and Ricmotech both sell cheap converters to run your G27 pedals from the T300 base (works on consoles and PC). If not, then the T3PA pedals are a highly recommended purchase, for example in the T300 Alcantara package (T300 base, 599evo alcantara rim, T3PA pedals).

danbojte likes this.
  2. danbojte

danbojte

Thank you for answering. Hmm, in this case I'm looking forward to a G29 as well. :tup:

Oshawa-Joe likes this.
  3. gigio79

gigio79

Forget about T300 pedal set, is very bad, I had to buy T3PA, 100 Euros but now I can play.

FinnZevo and danbojte like this.
  4. skazz

skazz

That's why we recommend the Alcantara package: You are spending more but getting T3PA and a good rim for quite a bit less than their individual prices.

FinnZevo and Orayani like this.
  5. danbojte

danbojte

6. GRAN007

GRAN007

well i had thrust master a month replace the pedals and two days a go the wheel wouldn't stop turning bought may 2015
    so now $800.00 in hole live goes on

7. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender

Did you try replacing the USB brake-away cable? This has caused some issues, $3-4 part. I've had my TX since they were first released, it's been working great but did have to replace this part a few months ago as Windows failed to recognize the wheel and wouldn't calibrate.

upload_2016-11-12_10-23-33.png

8. GRAN007

GRAN007

no didn't know about that part. but where did you get it? who to hock it up?

9. GRAN007

GRAN007

Thrustmaster support said it was to
    sent back them and would fix it but they wouldn't pay
    the shipping of $60.00 and $60.00 to look at and if they could fix more money
    that i look at i have no idea where goes

10. GRAN007

GRAN007

so now $500.00 on amazon for logitech 29
    i had logitech 27 when it first come out to 2015 and one thing happen lost second gear on the shifter
    and logitech gives a two year war with g29

11. FinnZevo

FinnZevo

T300rs for me, best wheel I have ever had..

12. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Or you could get a T500RS! I've had mine almost since they were first released (back in GT5 days). Still very satisfied and it works beautifully with my PS4 Pro and Project Cars. It comes as standard with T3 PA Pro pedals and sometimes the T500 is available cheaper than the T300.

13. davidt33

davidt33

14. danbojte

danbojte

It's a great wheel. Very smooth and responsive. I'm driving with FFB Sensitivity and Max Torque settings both at 1 with it. :tup:

And for others statements, if you do doughnuts with it turned to maximum and you release it, it won't stay blocked. It responds. :p

:cheers:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    davidt33 likes this.
  15. davidt33

davidt33

Good. I took a look at the wheel. The only thing I'm not fond of is the lack of familiar PS buttons on the wheel. Unless maybe you using it for PC I dunno.

16. danbojte

danbojte

I'm using it on PS3 and next will be on PS4:

PS3_Mapping_599XX.JPG

17. diesel97

diesel97

Once you get used to it you wished you had another 10 more buttons ,aka button boxes LOL

Sick Cylinder and davidt33 like this.
  18. Ian_83

Ian_83

PC master race FTW!! :sly:

I like button layouts to be quite logical, especially as I play various games and have a habit of configuring the controls slightly differently. :banghead: