Wheel L.S.D settings

• Thread starter Mcrsmokey
  • 86 comments
United Kingdom
Leeds
MCR-smokey
After hours of frustration I have finally found the cure and the reason why I couldn't drift.
Basically it is all down to the L.S.D. I was running a 5.60.60 diff just like I was on gt5. I couldn't even drift a corner I was constantly spinning and transitions were just none existent. I mean I couldn't drift at all Witch gets very frustrating. That's until I played with the L.S.D settings, I tryed an open diff setup 5 5 5. Now most people here are goin to think pffft an open diff lol. Seriously I went from not been able to drift a corner to feeling like a pro in an instant, with this setup I think gt6 feels a lot more like gt5. I just want People to try this and confirm it and post your feed back here along with any others helpful tips for wheel users thanks and good luck.

I noticed that using a locked diff is really unpredictable, spins on the slightest input mistake. I run mine differently depending on the car but i can confirm it does make alot of difference to the way the car reacts through drifts. The lower you run your acceleration sensitivity the more the car will try to grip up because the amount of torque put to the back wheels is shortened.

After hours of frustration I have finally found the cure and the reason why I couldn't drift.
Basically it is all down to the L.S.D. I was running a 5.60.60 diff just like I was on gt5. I couldn't even drift a corner I was constantly spinning and transitions were just none existent. I mean I couldn't drift at all Witch gets very frustrating. That's until I played with the L.S.D settings, I tryed an open diff setup 5 5 5. Now most people here are goin to think pffft an open diff lol. Seriously I went from not been able to drift a corner to feeling like a pro in an instant, with this setup I think gt6 feels a lot more like gt5. I just want People to try this and confirm it and post your feed back here along with any others helpful tips for wheel users thanks and good luck.
Have you tried braking even and going 5 30 30? Curious about how it will be like to drift with 5 5 5. I'll have a go at it now

I ran 60, 60, 60 right from the beginning of the game.
I have worked super hard on getting the suspension right and that does
of course help alot. But it's not quite doing it for me though.
I'm open to try anything so i'm definitely gonna mess with the diff. whenever i get the change.
Thanks for the tip!

Have you tried braking even and going 5 30 30? Curious about how it will be like to drift with 5 5 5. I'll have a go at it now[/quote
No I haven't had time to try any other settings yet, I just had a quick play with it last night and was amazed by how much it improved my drifting. I'm goin to have another play tonight after work and will post my results.

I use the LSD but I don't change any of the stock settings unless it really won't cooperate. Why does everyone think they are going to be Tsuchiya on a brand new game engine? It's called practice.

To be honest I think the GT LSD is still a mystery... 60/60/60 or 5/60/60 nobody really knows what's open and what's locked. I don't get why they can't make it clear in game with 0-100% stats in the setup menu, so you actually know when it's locked. A fully welded up diff should cause no problems like snap backs mid drift and such, you just have the same power delivery on both wheels all the time.

I will try 5/5/5 though, if it really feels like GT5 then we have a win here..

I feel like open is 60 on initial torque and locked is 5. Accel and Braking don't really matter. Either way I never ran 5/60/60 or anything on 60. 20/20/20 seems to work well with all cars on the wheel tho.

I feel like open is 60 on initial torque and locked is 5. Accel and Braking don't really matter. Either way I never ran 5/60/60 or anything on 60. 20/20/20 seems to work well with all cars on the wheel tho.
That is what some guys told me in a drift room. They were all very skilled and definitely had their cars dialed in. It seems your tune greatly influences your car while drifting. My s13 was horrible, now after a few adjustments it's starting to feel closer to gt5.

To be honest I think the GT LSD is still a mystery... 60/60/60 or 5/60/60 nobody really knows what's open and what's locked. I don't get why they can't make it clear in game with 0-100% stats in the setup menu, so you actually know when it's locked. A fully welded up diff should cause no problems like snap backs mid drift and such, you just have the same power delivery on both wheels all the time.

I will try 5/5/5 though, if it really feels like GT5 then we have a win here..

It feels different. Not going to say better, because it definitely doesn't add consistency. I tried it, and went back to 5 / 60 / 60. I drift locked diff's, and the fact that the game is a little harder now isn't going to change that.

It may take a month, it may take a year. But I definitely will be consistent once again. :)

I did something i thought was a little drastic.
I set my anti-roll bars on 7-5.
I felt like it got easier after that...
But what do i know:P See if it works for you!

I did something i thought was a little drastic.
I set my anti-roll bars on 7-5.
I felt like it got easier after that...
But what do i know:P See if it works for you!

Stiff front and soft rear is the basic tuning guideline for drifting for most cars 👍

I tried it out yesterday and it really helped a bit. At least I was not spinning out constantly.
But driving an open diff still has the same drawbacks as 5. Unless you throw the car into a corner you will grip out or only the outer tire will spin. The solution would be to add more power but that just makes everything worse. People often said that drifting in GT5 is like driving on ice, but in 6 it really is.

L.S.D. Should be locked. Simple because of the fact that because the cars handle unreliably, a locked differential might make the game a bit easier. (Although when you seem to touch curbstones you will not easily manage a car.)

Also, I have found that making the rear close to or as stiff as possible, also helps dividing traction.

Tried OP's tip and it definitely makes a difference. Another car to try this on, although in reverse, is the Mercedes Benz AMG VGT. With LSD at 60/60/60 that thing can actually turn in.

L.S.D. Should be locked. Simple because of the fact that because the cars handle unreliably, a locked differential might make the game a bit easier. (Although when you seem to touch curbstones you will not easily manage a car.)

Also, I have found that making the rear close to or as stiff as possible, also helps dividing traction.
but 5 60 60 feels terrible on this game.feels really unpredictable.

Gamepad / button-ish user here.
I don´t know what HP range you guys are using, im trying to keep below 600hp here on my 3 wannabe drift cars (Ferrari GTB/4, Z32 premium and Genesis)... and at least for me as higher is the LSD, easier to spinout it goes.

Im not saying that its better to use 5/5/5, cose i dont see as a good thing when only one tire is smoking instead both... but since the CH tires have a very low grip ratio and its bloody easy to burnout them, im still working on a very low LSD to keep me drifting "kinda" properly and still minimize the throtle sensibility (more like it was on GT5).

Perhaps a fully locked LSD might works better on cars without so much power, i didn´t tried that yet.

So I tried this out for the heck of it, Seem reducing braking sensitivity to 5 (open under engine braking) makes the car not want to spin out when letting off the gas to suddenly.

I tried 5/5/5 on my Z33, and it felt a little bit off. I tried DM's setting on 20/20/20, and that felt much better.

I tried 5/5/5 on a new Skyline 350GT Sedan I made, and it was way too tight. I tried 5/60/60 and it felt much better. I think it's now around 10/50/50 or something like that.

I tried 5/5/5 on my S13 missile, and it actually seemed pretty good. Only got limited testing done, but I'm going to give it a try for now.

I find that a 70% 2-way (5 44 44 approx.) works best for me at the moment.

If I run it weaker, I find my car grips up too easily.

I tried 5/5/5 on my Z33, and it felt a little bit off. I tried DM's setting on 20/20/20, and that felt much better.

I tried 5/5/5 on a new Skyline 350GT Sedan I made, and it was way too tight. I tried 5/60/60 and it felt much better. I think it's now around 10/50/50 or something like that.

I tried 5/5/5 on my S13 missile, and it actually seemed pretty good. Only got limited testing done, but I'm going to give it a try for now.
Ye I found it works best on missiles . I've been experimenting and found 5 40 20 feels quite good on most cars too. I'm glad people are trying my advice, this thread is getting pretty helpful.
Just to put one thing straight on 5 5 5 both my wheels spin up like its locked strange really I haven't seen just one wheel spinning like people are saying.

Latest Posts

Back