Wheel L.S.D settings

• Thread starter Mcrsmokey
  • 86 comments
yeah well not everyone likes how 5 60 60 feels. I agree with twitch on everything and people should use what ever feels right for the car. Also, I'd like to point out that 5 60 60 will feel different on all cars. You should tune the car around the driver's style.

You actually DO realise, that 2 cars in real life will never feel the same? Not even if they come from the same factory. Don't be all like: The cars should handle the same way as much as possible. That's a Utopia.

Frankly, I like the fact that my GT350 doesnt handle as my S14 does. That's the exact reason why I bought one in the first place.

And you said yourself you drift 5 60 5, shouldn't you be using 5 60 60?

I don't know if you actually know anything about differentials, but this statement makes me very much doubt that. Plus, I already explained why I was using a 1-way differential. Besides the fact that both are valid options in real life?

You actually DO realise, that 2 cars in real life will never feel the same? Not even if they come from the same factory. Don't be all like: The cars should handle the same way as much as possible. That's a Utopia.

Frankly, I like the fact that my GT350 doesnt handle as my S14 does. That's the exact reason why I bought one in the first place.

I don't know if you actually know anything about differentials, but this statement makes me very much doubt that. Plus, I already explained why I was using a 1-way differential. Besides the fact that both are valid options in real life?
So you tune cars for a living, Dom? You drift cars for a living? yet have no pictures anywhere nor any web article or blog to show that you actually did compete in a drift competition. You said it was in 2010 when you were supposedly "pregnant". You act like you're smarter than everyone but yet you had a baby in your teens and you're a lesbian. How does any of this make sense?

I'm not afraid to call anyone out on their bs especially if it reeks.

So you tune cars for a living, Dom? You drift cars for a living? yet have no pictures anywhere nor any web article or blog to show that you actually did compete in a drift competition. You said it was in 2010 when you were supposedly "pregnant". You act like you're smarter than everyone but yet you had a baby in your teens and you're a lesbian. How does any of this make sense?

I'm not afraid to call anyone out on their bs especially if it reeks.

I'm not going to go there with someone as pathetic as you. Do you really have to get personal just because you can't win an argument on a forum? Like I said: I explained why I'm using a 1-way diff. Learn to read.

I explained every little thing I said before. If that is not good enough, I only have one more thing to say to you: Welcome to my ignore list.

When was this about wining an argument? You're telling people that they should do this and that even though it's contradicting their driving style. Because people don't do it the way you do it doesn't make it wrong. I've said this about 2000 times on this thread already and you still choose to be stubborn and ignorant. You ever asked yourself, "why do so many people not like me?". Reality will hit you hard one day, "princess" when you realize that hiding behind moderators and spamming the block button on facebook doesn't work in person.

PS: Did you know there's another person with your first AND last name who also lives in brussels and that person is not a GT player? sounds pretty sketchy. But you tell me, how deep do you want the rabbit hole to go? Don't even get me started on the fact that the picture you've been using on facebook is not a picture of you
ScreenShot2014-01-18at121151PM_zps676bd894.png
can we really trust you?

Last edited:
When was this about wining an argument? You're telling people that they should do this and that even though it's contradicting their driving style. Because people don't do it the way you do it doesn't make it wrong. I've said this about 2000 times on this thread already and you still choose to be stubborn and ignorant.

I don't care if they don't do it my way or not. They should do it the right way, even if I'm not. It's not MY way, considering some of the most experienced drifters irl, proved YOU wrong dude. It's not me that is being ignorant.

You ever asked yourself, "why do so many people not like me?". Reality will hit you hard one day, "princess" when you realize that hiding behind moderators and spamming the block button on facebook doesn't work in person.

I don't need a LOT of people to like me. Those people that like me, are more than enough. Beside, I'm not afraid of anybody, nor am I afraid of you. Don't worry, I can hold my own. Thanks for the concern.

PS: Did you know there's another person with your first AND last name who also lives in brussels and that person is not a GT player? sounds pretty sketchy. But you tell me, how deep do you want the rabbit hole to go?

Oh so... Because one person on a population of about 11 million people, has the same name as I do, I have to be that person?

(Hate to burst your bubble, but last time I saw, there were at least 10 females with the same name as me, living in Belgium alone... Not even bringing up the Netherlands or Germany. I won't bother bringing up France, because everybody that knows a bit of French realises it's not my main language. Yet another lie sorted. Wanna keep going?)[/quote]

I don't care if they don't do it my way or not. They should do it the right way, even if I'm not. It's not MY way, considering some of the most experienced drifters irl, proved YOU wrong dude. It's not me that is being ignorant.
First of all I never ever said anything anywhere about real life drift settings. Also, which rl drifters proved me wrong? definitely not you. You can keep making these things up as they go along, we can play like that.

Second of all I didn't lie by saying it's sketchy. If it looks and acts like it......

First of all I never ever said anything anywhere about real life drift settings. Also, which rl drifters proved me wrong? definitely not you. You can keep making these things up as they go along, we can play like that.

I'm not talking about real life drift settings either? -.- Making what up, kiddo? That you got told by someone with 10 times your experience, and you still chose to ignore him? Get real.

I don't care what you believe. I really don't. The people that need to know, know everything. Sucks you're not one of them right?

I'm not talking about real life drift settings either? -.- Making what up, kiddo? That you got told by someone with 10 times your experience, and you still chose to ignore him? Get real.

I don't care what you believe. I really don't. The people that need to know, know everything. Sucks you're not one of them right?
What the hell are you talking about?

If you're talking about TwinTurboCH's comments I simply made a suggestion about the parameters because since GT6 came out, the way we think about the LSD isn't the same as GT5. There was nothing to prove that I was wrong. I wanted people to try thinking of it that way when tuning to see if it helped. Nowhere on GT5 or GT6 tells you what a fully locked diff setting is. He proved nothing to me (no facts about the game's LSD was stated, only real-life settings) which is why I didn't bother to continue that discussion.

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about?

Like I said before. Someone who's advice I'd take anyday when it comes to drifting, told you the truth about differentials. It's his guidelines I've been following, from the start of GT5 'till now. You chose to ignore him, and give me a hard time because you think it's me that is wrong.

And about the second part: You will never get it. Should have treated me a LOT better if you had wanted to know.

All in all, one thing left to say:
d465298b-c465-4390-94e5-793caa21354e_zpsc47f7fd1.jpg

Like I said before. Someone who's advice I'd take anyday when it comes to drifting, told you the truth about differentials. It's his guidelines I've been following, from the start of GT5 'till now. You chose to ignore him, and give me a hard time because you think it's me that is wrong.

And about the second part: You will never get it. Should have treated me a LOT better if you had wanted to know.

All in all, one thing left to say:
d465298b-c465-4390-94e5-793caa21354e_zpsc47f7fd1.jpg
LOL he could be Daigo Saito for all I care, this is a game. You follow someones guidelines for a game then that's fine. I'm open to all suggestions/advice whether it be tuning or driving which I take and make it my own, that's the difference between you and me. I don't know everything about GT but I guess you do.

Yo stop this bs on my thread please. Dom every where you go you start arguments. This thread was never intended to cause drama as I stated in the op. this thread it to help people with there LSD tuning nothing more. So stop the big headed nonsense or ill start hitting the report button. P.s do not respond to this post.

Yo stop this bs on my thread please. Dom every where you go you start arguments. This thread was never intended to cause drama as I stated in the op. this thread it to help people with there LSD tuning nothing more. So stop the big headed nonsense or ill start hitting the report button. P.s do not respond to this post.

Have you actually read the conversation? It's not me that's causing the issues here dude.

Have you actually read the conversation? It's not me that's causing the issues here dude.

Do you not read I told you not to respond. You are the cause of the arguments, your the one telling people not to use Certain setups because every body should be using your setup. Tbh no one cares what you think so just stay out of my thread before you get it locked.

English is your first language I assume? It's my third... And I can read better than you. In other words: Learn to ****ing read.

Do you not read I told you not to respond.

And if you told me to go kill myself, would you expect me to do the same? I'm a member of these forums, live with it. If you don't like my responses, there is only one thing you can do.

You are the cause of the arguments, your the one telling people not to use Certain setups because every body should be using your setup.

Once again. Read.

Tbh no one cares what you think so just stay out of my thread before you get it locked.

I don't care if you care or not. And 3 more of my messages after the last 10, won't make a difference.

Even though I don't always agree with it, I still have my Freedom of Speech as long as I stay within the AUP. I have to agree, telling you to learn to ****ing read isn't the way to do that, but it pisses me off that you actually blame me for this. It's Monkey that got personal, not me. Open your eyes. I won't let anybody insult me, not Elexy, nor Monkey. Blame him for de-railing the thread, not me.

English is your first language I assume? It's my third... And I can read better than you. In other words: Learn to ****ing read.

And if you told me to go kill myself, would you expect me to do the same? I'm a member of these forums, live with it. If you don't like my responses, there is only one thing you can do.

Once again. Read.

I don't care if you care or not. And 3 more of my messages after the last 10, won't make a difference.

Even though I don't always agree with it, I still have my Freedom of Speech as long as I stay within the AUP. I have to agree, telling you to learn to ****ing read isn't the way to do that, but it pisses me off that you actually blame me for this. It's Monkey that got personal, not me. Open your eyes. I won't let anybody insult me, not Elexy, nor Monkey. Blame him for de-railing the thread, not me.
Reported off topic post and verbal abuse.

I can't figure it out, I run a 5 60 60 on ch feels too twitchy run 5 5 5 feels a Hell of a lot smoother but you need the power to back it up or your dog legging it.
I then tried to retest with cm as I saw twin pick them for his academy and it had so much more grip but still gained and lost traction in much much the same way ch did except now the ffb is much more aggressive and 5 60 60 is beginning to feel smoother..

So my question is: does tire choice affect how pronounced the lsd comes across or does it require different settings all together?

I can't figure it out, I run a 5 60 60 on ch feels too twitchy run 5 5 5 feels a Hell of a lot smoother but you need the power to back it up or your dog legging it.
I then tried to retest with cm as I saw twin pick them for his academy and it had so much more grip but still gained and lost traction in much much the same way ch did except now the ffb is much more aggressive and 5 60 60 is beginning to feel smoother..

So my question is: does tire choice affect how pronounced the lsd comes across or does it require different settings all together?
Yes. You will feel the LSD acting up a lot more with grippier tyres. Try a 5 30 30 setting if both 5 60 60 and 5 5 5 don't work.

To be honest, a different tire will change the complete handling of the car. The differential youre using is perfect, really. :)
Yeah I started to notice that Running my stock genesis on sports *just doing a few grip laps round nurb *
Well at least I know I'm in the right direction:) I'll keep it how it is currently for ch and just tune around the lsd 👍
will definitely give those settings a go this arvo for cm i would like to get all all that grip under control

I tried it out yesterday and it really helped a bit. At least I was not spinning out constantly.
But driving an open diff still has the same drawbacks as 5. Unless you throw the car into a corner you will grip out or only the outer tire will spin. The solution would be to add more power but that just makes everything worse. People often said that drifting in GT5 is like driving on ice, but in 6 it really is.
Becaus the majority like to use comfort hard, and dont want to try Comfort medium. I finde comfort medium muche better to use.

Last edited:

I reported this to in an earlier post 2-way settings feel amazingly better on a better tire compound front wheel response is better you don't get that dead zone when the front tires heat up and much better throttle control. My opinion is that there is not enough grip on CH tires for a proper 2-way lsd I feel the way I drift it creates more understeer and I loose my front traction way to easily. That's why I feel a lot of people like a not so aggressive lsd setting on ch tires because it minimizes these effects.

I reported this to in an earlier post 2-way settings feel amazingly better on a better tire compound front wheel response is better you don't get that dead zone when the front tires heat up and much better throttle control. My opinion is that there is not enough grip on CH tires for a proper 2-way lsd I feel the way I drift it creates more understeer and I loose my front traction way to easily. That's why I feel a lot of people like a not so aggressive lsd setting on ch tires because it minimizes these effects.
This makes a lot of sense. In other words the tyre model in GT6 doesn't allow you to feel the way the LSD is reacting because of the lack of grip?

The front traction issue is another thing I've found pretty strange on GT6. I've been running stock front toe angle lately which helps a bit but the stronger braking along with the new tyre model which has more straight line grip makes the tyres lose traction quicker than GT5 once the car is sideways and the front is understeering. So if you're tuning your car to understeer in the drift, hitting the brake or making corrections become more difficult.

Latest Posts

Back