Wheel Only Drifting Tournament | Sign-Ups Open! | Rd. 3 Starting Soon

• Thread starter MSTER232
  • 342 comments
GTPlanet ID/PSN Name: iEatRadBagels/OsakaHQ-Chillum
Team (if any): OsakaHQ
Wheel: G25
Car: 370z 550hp CM's

Last edited:
I like the section, it was an exhibition match section for Driftstars back in 09

Well I guess that's confirmed that Round 2 is held on Monza. And just as a heads-up, we now have more than 16 signups. And that means we will now have qualifying rooms :D ! Check the OP for when a qualifying room will be held for countries in or near Europe and America.

yeaah im stoked.. First comp with other wheel users :D

edit: Updated my post^

This already happend im assuming? Shieet, missed it:/ Jeezus, got to get these times down. -_-

No, you haven't missed anything. Nobody turned up so I'm going to have to postpone this comp until next week Friday. And since we don't have much over 16 signups, I might consider forgetting the qualifying and calling the 17th drifter when they are needed.

MSTER232
No, you haven't missed anything. Nobody turned up so I'm going to have to postpone this comp until next week Friday. And since we don't have much over 16 signups, I might consider forgetting the qualifying and calling the 17th drifter when they are needed.

Oh crap, this was on? Sorry, I didn't know. Anymore you should post here before the event because nobody knew.

Wait is this rd 2??

Oh crap, this was on? Sorry, I didn't know. Anymore you should post here before the event because nobody knew.

Round 2 qualifying is to take place next Friday and Saturday. The main event will be later on the same Saturday. And I will post here before the event but that means people will have to be watching this thread more often.

Ahh I missed round 1? :( Did the OP title ever change?

Will definitely be ready for round 2!

No, it was my fault since I didn't notify everyone an hour before the comp started. As a result everyone has 10 points even if they didn't show up.

Ahh okay noice :)

Tried out the Monza line and it's far to fast and technical for CM's :/ The run would be over in about 3 seconds, and would be very hard to judge in my opinion.

I would suggest a line on maybe Indy Road, Grand Valley, something on laguna or possibly Sarthe.

If you would like tomorrow I'll put together a few potential lines and people can say what they like :).

Wow, first complaint. How how is it too fast? The section is 3 corners, its not long but Not too short..

I'm not trying to complain, just suggesting that there may be better tracks for this tournament specifically, with it's use of CM's, and the fact that all using wheels is going to make this very difficult.

GODfreyGT5
I'm not trying to complain, just suggesting that there may be better tracks for this tournament specifically, with it's use of CM's, and the fact that all using wheels is going to make this very difficult.

That's exactly my point. You don't want to make it Easy. And I have to balance the track selections, if I use all the good ones at the start it will get crap resulting in a failed tournament. I try to use sections that hasn't been used, or at least used much before. I do understand where your coming from, and glad you said it without a fuss and being honest, but if you keep it easy, people will draw in qualifying, and in tandems it would make the judges life hell.

We both were on wheels (powell and me) trying the section and did Just fine to be a 1st time for me. I'm with a g27. You can get use to it as soon as you try it. Its actually exciting going into the entry on high speeds and killing the throttle to make the corner and immediately for the transition which you are allow to get full lock. Exciiiiting!!

Aha ok, fair points lads :) Considering your points I'm up for the challenge, it sounds like it will be a mental comp to watch and take part in, lookong forward to it!

Although I may wish to switch my car (sorry to be a fuss). The FT-86 has come to be too grippy in all the wrong places, and would make for vey boring battles. I will have a play around tomorrow and see if I find something a little more comp-friendly. Also tempted to put up a practice room for us guys to have a little sesh in, would be cool.

I may still put a few lines together for future battles, GT has many options hidden throughout it's miles of tarmac :)

Ok cool. I'll be sure to make it to the next event if i can! I'm in the middle of moving so finding time to be on is rather iffy. I'll try my best though, kind of glad that it was postponed, gives you guys a chance to rack up more people, 17 is a fair number but that doesnt mean that all 17 will show up.. I'll put the world out to the wheel friends! :)

yeah you should do that, helps a lot. people check this section everyday few times so it would keep them reminded.

Back