Wheel settings PS4 from Jack spades.

• Thread starter Idinity
  • 232 comments
Denmark
Denmark
dinityfor6
EDIT: I am now also using jack spades settings, scroll down below to see the settings.

This has worked for me, so hope it will for you guys aswell. Cause i couldnt seem to find too much out there on the webs ;)

In the car ingame i use some of the tips from Dgangi on isimracing

PCars version: PS4
Wheel: T300RS
Degrees: 900

Control Settings

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity – 70
Throttle Deadzone – 0
Throttle Sensitivity – 50
Brake Deadzone – 0

Brake Sensitivity – 35
Clutch Deadzone – 6
Clutch Sensitivity – 35

Speed Sensitivity – 0
Controller Filtering Sensitivity – 0
Damper Saturation – 0

Force Feedback – 65
RMP Gear Display – Yes

Controller Input Mode - 3
Advanced – On
Soft Steering Dampening – Off

Visual Wheel Filtering – On
Opposite Lock Help - Off

Force Feedback Settings

Tire Force – 100
Per Wheel Movement – 0.00
Per Wheel Movement Squared – 0.00
Wheel Position Smoothing – 0.04

Deadzone removal range – 0.00
Deadzone removal falloff – 0.01

Linkage Scale – 0.00
Linkage Stiffness – 1.00
Linkage Dampening – 1.00

Relative Adjust Gain – 0.98
Relative Adjust Bleed – 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp – 0.96

Scoop Knee 1.00
Scoop Reduction 0.15

Soft Clipping (Half Output) – 0.00
Soft Clipping (Full Output) – 0.00

The steering sensitivity setting may vary depending on your wheel and degrees of rotation, but on my T300RS I found the default setting of 50 to be very vague. 70 seems to provide a good turn-in feel.

Force feedback strength may vary, but 65 was good for the T300RS.

Make sure soft Steering Dampening is Off.

Scoop knee seemed to create a point during the steering lock where the FFB artificially increases. Setting to 0.0 or 1.0 gets rid of this behaviour. Setting it to 1.0 allows you to also adjust the overall FFB strength reduction with Scoop Reduction. Perhaps set this to 0.0 if you’re trying to increase FFB strength to weaker wheels.

If you got something better, please show and ill try ;)

Last edited:
This has worked for me, so hope it will for you guys aswell. Cause i couldnt seem to find too much out there on the webs ;)

Control Settings

Steering Deadzone - 0
Throttle Deadzone – 0
Brake Deadzone – 0

Brake Sensitivity – 35
Clutch Deadzone – 6
Clutch Sensitivity – 35

Speed Sensitivity – 0
Damper Saturation – 0

Force Feedback – 65
RMP Gear Display – Yes

Advanced – On

Opposite Lock Help - Off

Force Feedback Settings

Tire Force – 100

Linkage Scale – 0.00
Linkage Stiffness – 1.00
Linkage Dampening – 1.00

Scoop Knee 1.00
Scoop Reduction 0.15

The steering sensitivity setting may vary depending on your wheel and degrees of rotation, but on my T300RS I found the default setting of 50 to be very vague. 70 seems to provide a good turn-in feel.

Scoop knee seemed to create a point during the steering lock where the FFB artificially increases. Setting to 0.0 or 1.0 gets rid of this behaviour. Setting it to 1.0 allows you to also adjust the overall FFB strength reduction with Scoop Reduction. Perhaps set this to 0.0 if you’re trying to increase FFB strength to weaker wheels.

that FFB setting is quite low. i've been running mine on 100 and i lowered it to 75 last night for a friend and i couldn't feel much response. the thing is, if you go in and lower the Fxyz sliders like he mentions in that video too (it's what i have done), you might find the wheel way too light if you keep the FFB at 65, but if you raise the FFB to 100 and don't lower the Fxyz it really is a lot tougher to turn the wheel, you can really feel the car weight though. so one kind of balances the other. it's a bit of a minefield really but great fun to tinker with

Check out this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Originally created as a way for PC wheel users to improve ffb. Jack Spade changed ffb for each car individually to improve ffb.

Then some helpful dude went through the xml file and dug out the data and put it in a handy spreadsheet so the same changes can be made in the console versions of the game https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download

Will take a bit of doing as you need to take the values from the spreadsheet and input them into each individual cars setup page.

It's well worth doing though as the ffb is greatly improved, road feel is now much better.

Having specific FFB settings for each car is great and everything... ^^

However, were all these settings put in with the stock car setups? And what wheel was used when creating these settings?

Finally, isn't FFB feel a very personal perspective on what's good and feels right? Cos one thing for one person won't necessarily feel great for another, at least that's my take on it.

The thing about Jack Spade's settings is that they give you a "lively" car. With some wheels it will become a bit much. That's why the stock settings are more "conservative". With other wheels it takes a rather muted and dull experience and gives you something much more informative, interesting and useable.

To be honest, I would have preferred a way to tune the FFB globally, because the trouble with per-car FFB is that you can't cater to all types of wheels and preferences with a single generic setting, hence this whole tuning we are in now. Still, at least all tuning settings are in the UI: Many PC sims leave this stuff in obscure config files on the hard disk and you would be stuck as a console gamer if they did the same thing in pCARS!

I've watched the isr vid and adjusted the setting like he did but felt far to light for my liking making the car feel pretty twitchy ...

Currently have main FFB set to 80 and the tyre force to 115 and left everything else as standard and for me this feels pretty much perfect playing with a T300 GTE / T3PA on PS4

Not sure how I feel about the FFB settings in this game. On one hand customization is a good thing, on the other there is just too much of it and lacks any decent explanation to all those variables. Also the need to make it per car just adds to the problem.

It seems that the recommended settings are to put the global FFB to 100 and then tweak it per car. But that’s just too annoying for me. I’ve put it on 50% global and left it there. Seems to work for the cars I’ve tried. Will try Jack’s setting at some point, but having to print five pages of excel spreadsheets is a bit too much even for the most enthusiastic of us …

Control Settings

Steering Deadzone - 0
Throttle Deadzone – 0
Brake Deadzone – 0

Brake Sensitivity – 35
Clutch Deadzone – 6
Clutch Sensitivity – 35

Speed Sensitivity – 0
Damper Saturation – 0

Force Feedback – 65
RMP Gear Display – Yes

Advanced – On

Opposite Lock Help - Off

Force Feedback Settings

Tire Force – 100

Linkage Scale – 0.00
Linkage Stiffness – 1.00
Linkage Dampening – 1.00

Scoop Knee 1.00
Scoop Reduction 0.15

EDIT: I am now also using jack spades settings
Great setup, it works really good,just a little oversteer im getting with it.how do i get jack spades settings?,i cant open that file,can you post them?are they better?

Not sure how I feel about the FFB settings in this game. On one hand customization is a good thing, on the other there is just too much of it and lacks any decent explanation to all those variables. Also the need to make it per car just adds to the problem.

It seems that the recommended settings are to put the global FFB to 100 and then tweak it per car. But that’s just too annoying for me. I’ve put it on 50% global and left it there. Seems to work for the cars I’ve tried. Will try Jack’s setting at some point, but having to print five pages of excel spreadsheets is a bit too much even for the most enthusiastic of us …
IF ur on The t300 i Wouldnt change below 100 in ffb to Le i dont feel curbs then Best Thing is to adjust sop and each car ffb to get The feel u want but I agree it is a tough learning curve

PART 1:GLOBAL SETTINGS

1. By default, Project Cars is set to '75' Force Feedback. Set this to '100'

2. Set the 'Tire Force' to '100'

3. Set 'Relative Adjust Gain' to '1.10', 'Relative Adjust Bleed' to '0.10' and 'Relative Adjust Clamp' to '0.95'

4. Set 'Scoop Knee' to '0.70' and 'Scoop Reduction' to '0.15'

5. Pick from either 'Fy+SopLateral' settings or 'Classic' settings and apply to each car
Fy+SopLateral Classic

These are the FY+SOPLateral

upload_2015-5-14_4-8-52.png

upload_2015-5-14_4-9-13.png

upload_2015-5-14_4-9-36.png

6. RACE! Adjust any settings you're not happy with, to your own preferred options - these are a starting point!

EDIT: ALL credits here goes to JACK SPADES, for making these settings. I am just sharing it because it changed the cars/game alot for me. :)

Last edited:
Thats all of it. Save pictures and resize in paint or how you want to your preference.

;)

Last edited:
On PS4, if you edit the settings, how do you reset them to default? Are there 3 different presets, as there are for a DS4?

What's the benefit of having better settings?

Just more realistic or is it faster?

I'm on the stock settings and am generally quite happy with them, I've tried some others that have been posted (not these) but didn't like them.

I use the t300. How can i tell if im clipping. On the meter you pull up with your telemetry, does clipping show as a white line under the normal line? Also what Im looking for in my ffb I want to tell when my fronts loose grip (pushing) when the back lets go and a smooth load between turning softly to turn sharp. Also bumps and imperfections in the road. My setup now is pretty good but i cant get that understeer feel you should get when your front start pushing. its there just barley though. Its hard to get that feel for everything you want but i will try these settings and see what I get. Thanks Guys!!!! 👍 ;)

I use the t300. How can i tell if im clipping. On the meter you pull up with your telemetry, does clipping show as a white line under the normal line? Also what Im looking for in my ffb I want to tell when my fronts loose grip (pushing) when the back lets go and a smooth load between turning softly to turn sharp. Also bumps and imperfections in the road. My setup now is pretty good but i cant get that understeer feel you should get when your front start pushing. its there just barley though. Its hard to get that feel for everything you want but i will try these settings and see what I get. Thanks Guys!!!! 👍 ;)
Right. Usually you have that yellow ffb line. If it's clipping you'll see another white line below. Looking like heart monitoring in a hospital going crazy. :)
You will definitely feel it too. To me it's like the stuff inside the wheel is crashing, stiff, it even sounds wierd. Like it's all about to burst.

Sorry for being a bit thick, but where do you tune for each individual car? Is this the settings page with 'tyre force' etc?

PART 1:GLOBAL SETTINGS

1. By default, Project Cars is set to '75' Force Feedback. Set this to '100'

2. Set the 'Tire Force' to '100'

3. Set 'Relative Adjust Gain' to '1.10', 'Relative Adjust Bleed' to '0.10' and 'Relative Adjust Clamp' to '0.95'

4. Set 'Scoop Knee' to '0.70' and 'Scoop Reduction' to '0.15'

5. Pick from either 'Fy+SopLateral' settings or 'Classic' settings and apply to each car
Fy+SopLateral Classic

These are the FY+SOPLateral

View attachment 366104
View attachment 366105
View attachment 366106
6. RACE! Adjust any settings you're not happy with, to your own preferred options - these are a starting point!

EDIT: ALL credits here goes to JACK SPADES, for making these settings. I am just sharing it because it changed the cars/game alot for me. :)
This is alot to do,i want just a global setting for every car and it doesnt say what degrees of rotatation to set.

Back