Wheel setups for beginners by FussyFez.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 45 comments
I spin out I got a fc 482 hp and its just fine I go to 601 I spin
An FC RX7?

Have you got any suspension and diff setup on either of the cars? Or is it just stock fully customisable?

I've got an S14 that's almost impossible to spin, im planning on posting it probably tomorrow.

Have you tried the setups in the OP? They are tuned to be stable at full throttle, so should help keep you from spinning.

If you are spinning with the above setups then it is almost certainly the case that you are counter steering too slowly or being too aggressive with the initiation / transition.

I'll have a look at the 300ZX tomorrow. I've got an FC tune but it's lower power than yours.

A simple fix can be to use the low rpm turbo for increased throttle response, and I find it helps keep the engine from bouncing off the limiter constantly.

An FC RX7?

Have you got any suspension and diff setup on either of the cars? Or is it just stock fully customisable?

I've got an S14 that's almost impossible to spin, im planning on posting it probably tomorrow.

Have you tried the setups in the OP? They are tuned to be stable at full throttle, so should help keep you from spinning.

If you are spinning with the above setups then it is almost certainly the case that you are counter steering too slowly or being too aggressive with the initiation / transition.

I'll have a look at the 300ZX tomorrow. I've got an FC tune but it's lower power than yours.

A simple fix can be to use the low rpm turbo for increased throttle response, and I find it helps keep the engine from bouncing off the limiter constantly.
Ok I'll try it

I'm still having a super hard time, I never drifting gt6 with the controller or wheel until about two weeks ago. But I was a top 1500 drifter on forza 4. I'm not sure where my errors are, I enter the corner fient out then in. Lift. Feather the throttle. Counter steer as fast as humanly possible still soin. Any helo or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

I'm still having a super hard time, I never drifting gt6 with the controller or wheel until about two weeks ago. But I was a top 1500 drifter on forza 4. I'm not sure where my errors are, I enter the corner fient out then in. Lift. Feather the throttle. Counter steer as fast as humanly possible still soin. Any helo or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!
So your spinning out. You say you were good in forza, where you using a pad or wheel in forza?

What tune are you using?

The main thing I pay attention to is the rotation of the car. If it's rotating too fast, less throttle /more counter steer.
If it's rotating too slowly, or feels like the rotation is about to stop, and your about to snap back, more throttle/less countersteer.

I enter the corner with a feint, countersteer the second the rear goes, but keep the power on just a little to maintain slight rotation, then lift to settle into the drift, and back on the power to maintain the drift and exit the corner.

Maybe your feinting too hard? Or countering to late (fast enough moving the wheel, just too slow to initially start countering)

Try my latest Efini RX -7 tune, I'd say it's the easiest in regards to catching the slide without spinning.

Have you had any successful catches? Or just spinfest?

Edit :

Check out my video thread for some front end replays, you can see that the countersteering is in time with the cars rotation, not after.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-wheel-drifting-simulator-by-fussyfez.305754/

And heres my latest video that includes a spin at the end, due to too much throttle, combined with a slightly too slow countersteer.

It's all practice. Even when I'm landing massive reverse entries, I'll still spin out if I'm not concentrating.

Last edited:
Camber- whilst I run 0.0 on all my grip cars, I am getting better consistency and angle with camber on my drift cars, I don't know why, but whatever is doing is helping.

Well actually 0.3 degrees in the rear actually makes the rear grip up. Because GT actually simulates the wheel's dynamic camber instead of static camber. 0.3 being when you make the turn into the corner, the wheel stands straight up (give or take) and it doesn't let the rear come around, with 0.0, the bottom of the wheel would be positive cambered (wheel all the weight tranfers to) and the other would be much less affected (less weight) but still be minusculey (<-- Not a real word. xD) negative. So TECHNICALLY, your grip cars can go a smidge faster, but be harder to swing the rear out.
camber.compliance.gif

Like that picture.

But nice tunes. c:

Well actually 0.3 degrees in the rear actually makes the rear grip up. Because GT actually simulates the wheel's dynamic camber instead of static camber. 0.3 being when you make the turn into the corner, the wheel stands straight up (give or take) and it doesn't let the rear come around, with 0.0, the bottom of the wheel would be positive cambered (wheel all the weight tranfers to) and the other would be much less affected (less weight) but still be minusculey (<-- Not a real word. xD) negative. So TECHNICALLY, your grip cars can go a smidge faster, but be harder to swing the rear out.
camber.compliance.gif

Like that picture.

But nice tunes. c:
Cheers mate.

I've read in various places that alot of D1 cars run 0.0 on the rear.

I was running between 0.5 and 1.5 on the rear, to quell the snap back a little.

Now I'm better with throttle control and steering work, I prefer the extra grip that 0.0 gives.

Also, whilst I agree with your 0.3 theory for real life, it's still quite clear that 0.0 gives the best grip In gt6 currently.

Until there is an obvious fix, with many reports backing it up, I'll use 0.0 for the most outright grip.

It's odd though, that I can use relatively huge camber values on the front, without too much detrimental effect.

Check out this picture of saito landing his chaser, I know the body is rolling slightly, but you can see the rear wheel is in a positive camber position, implying that the static camber would be extremely low, possibly 0.0 to - 0.3 (I presume that much body roll could make - 0.3 look positive under that sort of load)

img_3419.jpg

:cheers:

Also, whilst I agree with your 0.3 theory for real life, it's still quite clear that 0.0 gives the best grip In gt6 currently.

Until there is an obvious fix, with many reports backing it up, I'll use 0.0 for the most outright grip.

It's odd though, that I can use relatively huge camber values on the front, without too much detrimental effect.

Check out this picture of saito landing his chaser, I know the body is rolling slightly, but you can see the rear wheel is in a positive camber position, implying that the static camber would be extremely low, possibly 0.0 to - 0.3 (I presume that much body roll could make - 0.3 look positive under that sort of load)

img_3419.jpg

:cheers:

5dffdfd1-ad30-4c28-a168-aeefb5aad7c9.jpg

Those may just be the CV joints like in this pic of my Baja Bug build. Since there's no load, it's like a front control arm, when it drops, it adds positive camber that's usually loaded down by the vehicle. I mean on my 300ZX 0.0 camber in the rear, it still slid out, but with 0.3, and not changing any other settings, it would not kick out it's rear end.
But that's my experience and I haven't done a full on hypothesis test yet, but if GT6 got the dynamik camber thing, then Kaz finally did something right. :lol::lol:

Hey Fussy,
Really trying to get the hang of my dfgt but everytime I attempt to drift the car, it always spins out, and no matter what, I cant save the car from spinning. I have tried the 4WD to RWD route but that has been no luck. Any tips in terms of the wheel on how to keep drifting? Like any tricks or something basic that I could apply to driving with the wheel?

Last edited:
Hey Fussy,
Really trying to get the hang of my dfgt but everytime I attempt to drift the car, it always spins out, and no matter what, I cant save the car from spinning. I have tried the 4WD to RWD route but that has been no luck. Any tips in terms of the wheel on how to keep drifting? Like any tricks or something basic that I could apply to driving with the wheel?
Hello mate.

I presume you are using one of my setups.

If you are, this is my usual technique.

Initiate the car into a drift with a weight transfer and usually full throttle.

You want to lift off the throttle pretty much as soon as you initiate and can feel/see the car rotating, then re apply it again, but you do not want to hit full throttle, you want to 'catch' the car at the angle you want, with the steering and throttle, then maintain a careful balance of steering inputs and throttle adjustments to bring the car round the corner.

Only once you have caught the car in the drift, should you think about maybe getting back to 100% throttle, knowing that you must be able to keep the front end pulling you out.

Its very difficult to explain and harder to get right, but once you start feeling yourself catch the drift, you will progress much faster.

It can help to approach the corner slowly, get the car turned in and then gently apply more throttle until the rear steps out. You should be able to maintain that throttle angle whilst you counter steer to catch it, then once you have caught it, apply more throttle to power around and out of the corner.

Very rarely am I pinning the throttle open for large periods of time.

Good luck.

Check out 'the drift Bible' on you tube, it helped me alot when first starting out.

Edit.

I'll add this which was an earlier answer to a similar question.

The main thing I pay attention to is the rotation of the car. If it's rotating too fast, less throttle /more counter steer.
If it's rotating too slowly, or feels like the rotation is about to stop, and your about to snap back, more throttle/less countersteer.

I enter the corner with a feint, countersteer the second the rear goes, but keep the power on just a little to maintain slight rotation, then lift to settle into the drift, and back on the power to maintain the drift and exit the corner.

Maybe your feinting too hard? Or countering to late (fast enough moving the wheel, just too slow to initially start countering)

Try my latest Efini RX -7 tune, I'd say it's the easiest in regards to catching the slide without spinning.

Have you had any successful catches? Or just spinfest?

Edit :

Check out my video thread for some front end replays, you can see that the countersteering is in time with the cars rotation, not after.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-wheel-drifting-simulator-by-fussyfez.305754/

And heres my latest video that includes a spin at the end, due to too much throttle, combined with a slightly too slow countersteer.

It's all practice. Even when I'm landing massive reverse entries, I'll still spin out if I'm not concentrating.

Last edited:
Back