Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,156 comments
The biggest piece of the puzzle, What pedals are you trying to mount? Also you state a custom rig, but without seeing your rig the community will be limited to offer suggestions.

You can do a search on you tube to bring up numerous pedal conversions per the type of pedals you own. I did a quick search and found some great ideas for my G27. I would not to worried about degrees, since the mounting options will be limited by the rig itself.

That picture from Chilicoke looks good. But who is to say it is correct for you ? Go have some fun, cut a piece of cardboard, and try different positions. You can also make a template to mimick your pedals. Lot easier and cheaper to try with cardboard than wood or metal.

The correct measurement will be one that YOU feel fits your driving position.

Good looking rig. Can see you put some time and thought into building.

Pedals?

Here is one quick video of invert peddle for a PVC build, some good info and degree suggestions.

I got a gt omega wheel stand yesterday. The overall quality of it is fantastic. The only thing I've found that annoys me a little is the mounting plate for the wheel doesn't stay in position properly. After a couple of laps the wing nuts starts to get loose. Anyone got a clever "hack" for this?

@[Nor]MclarenF1

I think this is an easy fix for you. Since the wheel does not need constant adjustment every time you race, I would suggest finding the best position and then use a bolt, not a wing nut. Tighten the bolt with a wrench. If the bolt still comes loose, then use a little thread lock on the bolt.

Hello. Funny video about how I broke the steering axis Fanatec 911 GT2 directly during let's pley video. About how broke and how I repaired steering wheel.

@shved111 not sure why you posted the above in this thread. ?? However I am glad to see you were able to save yourself some money by fixing your wheel.

@[Nor]MclarenF1

I think this is an easy fix for you. Since the wheel does not need constant adjustment every time you race, I would suggest finding the best position and then use a bolt, not a wing nut. Tighten the bolt with a wrench. If the bolt still comes loose, then use a little thread lock on the bolt.

Thanks for the tip. I'm thinking maybe I should try applying some thread lock on the original mounting screws and see if that does the trick.

Well guys i have a rig waiting to be shipped home that I'm absolutely sure no one around the globe owns one.

are you ready? I'm not kidding......... here it is

AjXgwjck6YKBx6LiwRyB5nXfo94hibggurWFck5kGJ8j.jpg

yes! one of these is coming to my room in a couple of days. I bought it from someone who simply don't know it's value.
It means a lot to me since I'm a GT academy finalist to have it in my room.

Hi guys,

I want to sell my GameRacer Elite cockpit with G25 wheel. I used it in 2011 the last time. The wheel is like new, I played around 30 hours with it. The cockpit is very comfortable and you can set up every driving position(distance/angle). The seat has cat scratch issues.
Price: £200 (a new cockpit is 399.00 € without wheel) http://www.gameracer-raceseats.nl/e...B/?ObjectPath=/Shops/90003/Products/GRELT-002

I live in Edunburgh(UK)

My email is: bthgreenscape@gmail.com

View attachment 485936

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I want to sell my GameRacer Elite cockpit with G25 wheel. I used it in 2011 the last time. The wheel is like new, I played around 30 hours with it. The cockpit is very comfortable and you can set up every driving position(distance/angle). The seat has cat scratch issues.
Price: £200 (a new cockpit is 399.00 € without wheel) http://www.gameracer-raceseats.nl/e...B/?ObjectPath=/Shops/90003/Products/GRELT-002

I live in Edunburgh(UK)

My email is: bthgreenscape@gmail.com

View attachment 485936

This isn't a sales thread. You'll need to edit/remove your post and post it for sale in this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/the-trading-post.179

Jerome

What do you guys think about the idea of having game systems mobile like the games pod? I personaly think it's a great idea obviously the setup would have to be lightweight to fit in the trasnportation but quite a unique idea.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the idea of having game systems mobile like the games pod? I personaly think it's a great idea obviously the setup would have to be lightweight to fit in the trasnportation but quite a unique idea.

Pass. Works out to be $380.00 for a 2 hour try. Are you crazy? So many issues with this idea. Can you image being inside with your friends on a summer day with no Air Conditioner? Or how about a cold day with no heat? Transportation cost, insurance, and start up fee. Maybe if your rich and you want to get rid of the kids for a few hours. They use to have these a long time ago, they were called Arcades.

Picked up an X-Rocker Rally 2.1 in the sales at Smyths Toy Store in the UK for 129.99. Usually they sell it at 159.99 which is still fairly cheap.

I didn't know they did a Racing seat style model so took a chance & so far so good!

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 53
Input requested.

I've got a T150 on the way and am looking at a wheel stand that has to be collapsible, currently looking at the GT Omega and the Wheel Stand Pro.

The lack of a single central bar has the GT ahead at the moment, but I'm looking for user experience and possible alternates.

@Scaff
I had used a wheel stand pro V1 for apx 2 years before I bought my rig. First, the center pole was never an issue with me. I was able to position the pedals far enough away from the pole so the pole never interfered with me driving. Heavy, rock solid stand. You could induce some movement or wobble, depending on your enthusiasm during the race. I never collapsed mine, just moved it to the side. It is easy to collapse, one knob and it will fold away. I also attached my pedals to the stand so I did not have issue with movement.

Hopefully someone who has a GT Omega will give some feedback.

You may also want to look at The Grandstand and playseat Challenge. Believe there was a video review over at inside sim racing on the Challenge. Sorry do not have link. I remember them giving some high praises. A few guys I race with have the Grandstand and none of them have said anything negative.

@Scaff
I had used a wheel stand pro V1 for apx 2 years before I bought my rig. First, the center pole was never an issue with me. I was able to position the pedals far enough away from the pole so the pole never interfered with me driving. Heavy, rock solid stand. You could induce some movement or wobble, depending on your enthusiasm during the race. I never collapsed mine, just moved it to the side. It is easy to collapse, one knob and it will fold away. I also attached my pedals to the stand so I did not have issue with movement.

Hopefully someone who has a GT Omega will give some feedback.

You may also want to look at The Grandstand and playseat Challenge. Believe there was a video review over at inside sim racing on the Challenge. Sorry do not have link. I remember them giving some high praises. A few guys I race with have the Grandstand and none of them have said anything negative.
The Grandstand is a little more than I would be wanting to drop right now, and I had dismissed the playseat I had dismissed as looking a bit rubbish, but watching the inside sim review its note on the list. Thanks for the info. :)

Playseat ordered, seems to fit my needs and the feedback and reviews it gets are positive.

By the middle of the week I should be up and running fully.

I'm going to do a nice and detailed review once I've lived with it for a few weeks, but my initial impressions are excellent.

Pro's
  • Its quick and easy to set-up and is a reasonable size when folded
  • Wheel and pedals can be left in place
  • Wide range of adjustments for height and pedal distance (from led back F1 style to up close to the wheel BTCC style.
  • Great quality materials (Powder coated steel tubing and Alcantara fabric) and excellent padding, I spent three hours in it the first day and no back ache at all.
  • Very, very stable considering how it looks, your weight actually keeps everything from moving around.
  • FFB from the wheel travels around the frame, added slightly to the immersion.
Con's
  • No height adjustment for the wheel platform, not an issue for me, but could be for others.
  • Wheel reach adjustment can be done by unscrewing the wheel platform and moving it to one of three positions. However my T150 is not drilled for screws and as such I could only use one of the positions. Its perfectly fine in terms of reach for me, but shuold be considered when looking at it. If you wheel is drilled for screw mounting you shouldn't have an issue with this.
  • The 'larger-bodied' may find it a challenge to get in and out of, as you can't adjust it for width. I'm six foot and 14 stone however and fit it well

For the money (£140 from Amazon in my case) I think it represents very, very good value and it suits my needs perfectly, as I can't have a fixed rig, but wanted something which was stable but quick and easy to set up and strip down.

A few close shots of the Playseat Challenge, it folded and with the wheel platform up (so you can get in).

Attachments

• IMAG1082.jpg
    IMAG1082.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG1083.jpg
    IMAG1083.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG1084.jpg
    IMAG1084.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG1085.jpg
    IMAG1085.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG1086.jpg
    IMAG1086.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I have recently bought a G29 in readiness for Asseto Corsa on PS4. I need a stand. Please can you advise me on which is the best stand at a low price?

Thanks a lot

I have recently bought a G29 in readiness for Asseto Corsa on PS4. I need a stand. Please can you advise me on which is the best stand at a low price?

Thanks a lot

Best stand at a low price. What do you call a low price? Without a price point it would be wrong to start recommending stands. Do you need to move the stand after use? will you be adding to the stand? A seat? Look forward to some more info so all readers can better help you.

The best is a matter of opinion. Just like i prefer brunettes, yet some prefer blondes. No one is wrong.

Thanks mate. Won't be adding to the stand and will just use my sofa to sit. The cheaper the better of course but it needs to be sturdy and easy to access. Don't need to move the stand after use. The wheel stand pro is around 80 pounds here in the UK but I would prefer not to have spend that much just for a stand. The G29 wheel was expensive enough!!

https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-steering-wheel-stand

http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

These are the three which in the past have shown to be durable, sturdy and reliable. Also be sure to check out any used stands via Ebay or any similiar site.

I am not how handy a person you are, have you considered a self made stand? You could save yourself some serious money. I would suggest doing a search for "DIY steering wheel stands"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back