Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,156 comments
Here is my setup.

View attachment 552554 View attachment 552555 View attachment 552556 View attachment 552557 View attachment 552558 View attachment 552559

Wheel Stand Pro + RGS
Thrustmaster T300 RS wheel
Logitech G27 pedals
2 x Thrustmaster TH8A as sequential shifter and handbrake
KODE Performance shift knobs
Perixx numeric keypad with integrated USB hub and keyboard stickers
Sony Xperia Z5 with DashMeterPro App
RAM Mount GoPro holder for the keypad and phone
DXRacer seat
That whole setup looks friggin awesome :eek: :bowdown:

I picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT for my PS3 today and am looking for a sturdy mounting system that'll support my 6ft/182cm 100kg carcass :embarrassed:
My biggest concern is my severe lack of space so it has to be portable & easy to store out of the way.
Any advice hugely appreciated.

For anyone that uses omega seats. I have brake wheels but it still slides while braking. How do you solve that?

@Shinu Here are a few quick options I found. You did not mention if you are on a wooden or hard floor , or carpet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HVK8GGC/?tag=gtplanet-20 this will brake all wheels.

some reading on how others have solved this issue.

how to stop chair from rolling back...? - NoGripRacing Forums

Another guy cut tennis balls in half.

For more idea, simply google, How to stop office chair from rolling.

I'm usung those optional wheels but it slides on laminated floor. I think to cover them with rubber

Guy's, the seat in my rig is just about done for. The seat cushion is giving away. I would like to just replace the seat with a new one that I can slide forward and backward. Does anyone know a manufacturer who sell something like that?

Or am I better off going to the junk yard and finding a actual car seat to work with?
Bear in mind if I have to cut or weld something it's a deal breaker. 👍

Or am I better off going to the junk yard and finding a actual car seat to work with?
Junk yard can work. They will charge you. I went to a local auto body shop and the guy gave me a seat for free. I had to remove the seat from the car. The auto body shops sometimes buys a totaled car just for the good panels, this is cheaper than buying new parts, then the interior is just just a bonus. . If you know any local body shops, give them try.

Junk yard can work. They will charge you. I went to a local auto body shop and the guy gave me a seat for free. I had to remove the seat from the car. The auto body shops sometimes buys a totaled car just for the good panels, this is cheaper than buying new parts, then the interior is just just a bonus. . If you know any local body shops, give them try.

Thanks SGETI. I actually am on good terms with two body shops in my area. Both have fixed my truck and my G35 over the years. I'll just go ask if they have one or know where I can get a sports car seat. Cool!

Thanks SGETI. I actually am on good terms with two body shops in my area. Both have fixed my truck and my G35 over the years. I'll just go ask if they have one or know where I can get a sports car seat. Cool!

Glad to help. Let them know of your rig project. Hopefully they are gear heads and will be glad to help a fellow racer.

I just got myself the GT Omega Stand for my G27. I bought a new desk since my old one broke and didn't take in consideration the wheel wouldn't hold on to glass XD

I am very optimistic about this stand since it has two shifter mounts for easy switch between LHD and RHD cars. Very few stands on the cheaper $200 mark do this.

I've already ordered all the 19mm MDF pieces to build this (see picture). It's a base for my bucket seat (with bass shakers) and a base for my Fanatec pedals. Both can be linked with the central log. When not in use, the pedals will be placed apart below the table and so the chair, which can also be used for other tasks than racing simulators. I have my steering wheel and my shifter attached to my desk, and I move them to a central position for racing.

baquet-pedales-8.jpg

Hey,
I can really use your help with finding an awesome racing rig.
My only experience is with the Thrustmaster Wireless GT cockpit Scuderia on ps3.
So as to say... I'm a noob :P

I thought I could buy a nice steer and pedals for the PS4...
But I'm not willing to take another risk with the product no longer being supported.
Therefore I'm getting a gaming PC. With that issue out of the way,
I kind of made my choice about the rim, shifter and pedals:
Fanatec! (Base v2 and Pedals v3). Unless some of you convince me otherwise.
Not sure about the steer yet... I really like to play F1 games but I also
like a GT-game once in a while.

Now for the Rig... I have about € 2000/2500(max) to spend, but less is good!

First I liked the F1 playseat, but with no option to mount a shifter this one is off the table.
Also the seat position is nice for F1 games, but not preferred for GT-games.

Now I'm leaning towards the Rseat RS1. But it's pretty expensive and people complaining
about the height of the chair. So I'm not yet fully convinced.
Liked the Simpit review by the way!

I also found this (over budget) rig. But with motion control I'm willing to save some extra money.
pro simu T1000 2 actuators (1000N) motion at € 2999,- with the possibility to expand actuators :)
- Is this worth the money? ...I can't find any third party reviews
- Is it really that noisy? ...It sounds like a pack of canaries :P

I hope you can help, cause I'm drowning in all the available rigs out there.
Thanks!

Hey,
I can really use your help with finding an awesome racing rig.
My only experience is with the Thrustmaster Wireless GT cockpit Scuderia on ps3.
So as to say... I'm a noob :P

I thought I could buy a nice steer and pedals for the PS4...
But I'm not willing to take another risk with the product no longer being supported.
Therefore I'm getting a gaming PC. With that issue out of the way,
I kind of made my choice about the rim, shifter and pedals:
Fanatec! (Base v2 and Pedals v3). Unless some of you convince me otherwise.
Not sure about the steer yet... I really like to play F1 games but I also
like a GT-game once in a while.

Now for the Rig... I have about € 2000/2500(max) to spend, but less is good!

First I liked the F1 playseat, but with no option to mount a shifter this one is off the table.
Also the seat position is nice for F1 games, but not preferred for GT-games.

Now I'm leaning towards the Rseat RS1. But it's pretty expensive and people complaining
about the height of the chair. So I'm not yet fully convinced.
Liked the Simpit review by the way!

I also found this (over budget) rig. But with motion control I'm willing to save some extra money.
pro simu T1000 2 actuators (1000N) motion at € 2999,- with the possibility to expand actuators :)
- Is this worth the money? ...I can't find any third party reviews
- Is it really that noisy? ...It sounds like a pack of canaries :P

I hope you can help, cause I'm drowning in all the available rigs out there.
Thanks!

My only recommendation would be to wait until Thrustmaster releases their Direct Drive wheel. Something tells me the Fanatec v2 base won't hold a candle to it's performance, plus you won't have to necessarily buy a rim for it either. You can use a CPX adapter from Mr. Basher to use your Fanatec pedals with the TM wheel. I have been using the adapter for years, its rock solid. Fanatec has great pedals for sure.

@Scaff does that Ricmotech shorten the throw of the TH8A?

Jerome

Jerome
Its supposed to shorten it by 35% up and down the gate and 20% across the gate. Will put that to the test when I get it, no idea how long that will be as I ordered it today and its got to get the UK from Florida!

Will review once I get it and let you know.

That'd be great buddy, thank you! Thats my only knock with the shifter too, otherwise it's a 10!

Jerome

Last edited:
I had that shifter with the short throw mod. It didn't take long to arrive to Spain. I removed the red sticker and replaced it with carbon fiber vynil and the result was epic. However, I ended up selling my unit because I didn't enjoyed H shifting simulation in most games. I also found the centering spring to be a little weak. Now I only use sequential shifting with a DSD short throw shifter. Anyway, the TH8a is a nice piece of hardware for its price.

th8apro.jpg

My only recommendation would be to wait until Thrustmaster releases their Direct Drive wheel. Something tells me the Fanatec v2 base won't hold a candle to it's performance, plus you won't have to necessarily buy a rim for it either. You can use a CPX adapter from Mr. Basher to use your Fanatec pedals with the TM wheel. I have been using the adapter for years, its rock solid. Fanatec has great pedals for sure.

Jerome

Thanks Jerome!
Direct Drive is (was) a new concept for me.
I should have expected this... lol (The certain Fanatec option back to maybe)

What affordable (< € 1000) options are there?, besides the TM that will probably be delayed until GT sport...

But what is exactly direct drive and what are the advantages of it? The only thing I know is that it makes steering wheels super strong (and even dangerous) and I don't really understand what's the point of such extreme forces. I have a T300 and I find it strong and fast enough. I suppose a Fanatec will be better and more than anyone could ever need.

But what is exactly direct drive and what are the advantages of it? The only thing I know is that it makes steering wheels super strong (and even dangerous) and I don't really understand what's the point of such extreme forces. I have a T300 and I find it strong and fast enough. I suppose a Fanatec will be better and more than anyone could ever need.

http://simxperience.com/Community/S...Direct-Drive-vs-Belt-Drive-vs-Gear-Drive.aspx

For what I have learned, the main difference occurs when driving with a fast change of direction. With Direct Drive you immediately experience the full input from the motor.
But with belt driven the motor has to rotate much faster to give the same experience.
So when you change from left to right in a fast way, the transition from motor to belt to wheel isn't complete when the game gives the motor the input to rotate the other way.
Therefore you won’t experience the full force feedback from the first turn.

@Jump_Ace have you looked into the gt omega simulator stands? Inside Sim Racing did a review on the GT Omega Art Rs6 cockpit it is pretty much spot on.

I've had my GT Omega Art Rs9 since April and it is a huge improvement over the the fanatec csl that I had, the pedal plate I had to use zip ties to secure it down. the only down side I have is the seat itself, the parts that stick up on the sides dig into my leg/ hip and causes pain for me. For most people it won't be a problem since I am overweight.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 94
@Jump_Ace have you looked into the gt omega simulator stands? Inside Sim Racing did a review on the GT Omega Art Rs6 cockpit it is pretty much spot on.

I've had my GT Omega Art Rs9 since April and it is a huge improvement over the the fanatec csl that I had, the pedal plate I had to use zip ties to secure it down. the only down side I have is the seat itself, the parts that stick up on the sides dig into my leg/ hip and causes pain for me. For most people it won't be a problem since I am overweight.

Yep, I've looked at all of them on the market and GT Omega, like 95%+ of them, don't let you adjust the distance on the pedals independently. They usually move the wheel and pedals back/forth at the same time, which doesn't work for me.

Jerome

Yep, I've looked at all of them on the market and GT Omega, like 95%+ of them, don't let you adjust the distance on the pedals independently. They usually move the wheel and pedals back/forth at the same time, which doesn't work for me.

Jerome
Ah, I understand. I was looking at the pedal plate on mine there is a good bit of adjusting that can be done, you could mount a custom plate on the pedal plate to extend it further to give you better position for the pedals.

Hello guys ,just wandering if anyone has a rig they don't use anymore ,I use a g27 but I don't have a rig and I'm getting tired of using a comouter desk lol so if anyone has one they don't use or if you kno a place with decent rigs for decent price. Thanks

Back