When will they allow Tuning for Daily Races?

• Thread starter rdks
  • 151 comments
Previous Gr.3 races with settings activated in sport mode had BoP enforced, so power and weight upgrades did nothing, the game is already prepared ;)

Most orgs will have limits on what can or cannot be adjusted, usually ride heights will be locked along with Aero adjustments. Some orgs and classes restrict gear changes as well to maintain Bop. Even in real world Bop is something that is constantly monitored and adjusted as needed. Things such as spring rates, shocks, anti roll bars, toe in, castor, camber and in some instances weight balance are items usually left up to the teams within the limits of what the class allows.

Thank you for your answer @VFOURMAX1 , I know from watching/reading about Le Mans and the GT3 series, a lot of teams had issues with Aston Martin using such an old platform that would be so much slower if it wasn't for the BOP rules.

I never realised there was so much restriction with things like gear ratios, ride heights etc. I guess these rules are what crippled the Ford GT so much this year compared to their pretty dominate 2016 season?

Going back to GT, I wish I could alter things like the aero and gear ratios, as I do like to run more downforce and a shorter ratio with 1st, 2nd and 3rd, so I can slingshot out of corners better, as well as having a much more "pointy" turn in/front nose on the car. I do like how BOP allows people of my low DR of D/C , to pick any car and have good racing most of the time. I think they need to badly adjust the FWD Megane and VW in GT4 and again the stupid VW Bug in GT3. With my DR groupings, the 911 RSR does give some strong benefits over a number of the other cars in GT3, but there are cars that can match and beat it on certain tracks, which is the way racing should be IMO. Some cars should have advantages on some tracks compared to others.

Back