When will we get shuffle races back?

• Thread starter OnlyMe
  • 67 comments
it's kind of hard to think that PD will change their method of operation, so at this point it's hard to believe that there will be anything drastic.

It's all speculation, but unless there is a TRUE change, PCars is, most likely, going to be the better game.

We shall see.

Reactions: VBR
Couldn't we all wait until the introduction of GT7 on the PS4 to make such claims?
What claims? @VBR said, "I have a feeling", not, "it will happen".
it's kind of hard to think that PD will change their method of operation, so at this point it's hard to believe that there will be anything drastic.

It's all speculation, but unless there is a TRUE change, PCars is, most likely, going to be the better game.

We shall see.
From a purely racing standpoint, yeah, PCars will have GT beat and probably every other game ever as well. The entire game is designed around recreating the racing experience and you really don't have to try to be ahead of GT. Heck, just add flags and qualifying offline and it's no contest. :lol: But I still don't believe that PCars will appeal to the majority of GT fans simply because the focus is on racing and that narro focus on intense racing is not what appeals to the majority of the GT crowd. 1200 cars of all kinds, racing slicks, the ability to customize any car, a laid back approach to the game, easy AI and more are the things that GT fans have come to know and love and expect from the series and there's nothing wrong with that of course. Yes we hardcore fans want much more, we want a serious sim or at least a more serious one, but that's not GT's forte nor do I believe it will be their focus ever.

PCars will attract the serious racing fans, those that really want that in GT and are frustrated with the lack of development in that area, but I believe many of them will still buy GT if they are using the PS4, just for the casual and fun atmosphere it provides.

What claims? @VBR said, "I have a feeling", not, "it will happen".
From a purely racing standpoint, yeah, PCars will have GT beat and probably every other game ever as well. The entire game is designed around recreating the racing experience and you really don't have to try to be ahead of GT. Heck, just add flags and qualifying offline and it's no contest. :lol: But I still don't believe that PCars will appeal to the majority of GT fans simply because the focus is on racing and that narro focus on intense racing is not what appeals to the majority of the GT crowd. 1200 cars of all kinds, racing slicks, the ability to customize any car, a laid back approach to the game, easy AI and more are the things that GT fans have come to know and love and expect from the series and there's nothing wrong with that of course. Yes we hardcore fans want much more, we want a serious sim or at least a more serious one, but that's not GT's forte nor do I believe it will be their focus ever.

PCars will attract the serious racing fans, those that really want that in GT and are frustrated with the lack of development in that area, but I believe many of them will still buy GT if they are using the PS4, just for the casual and fun atmosphere it provides.

Looking at it that way, your right about it not being GT's forte but GT will atleast serve a younger generation who recognise the brand. The younger generation are not hard so a game like PCars will probably be too much for some who prefer simcade. I play Blur online and Split Second (2 player, can't stand career mode) for fun. GT is too serious for those who prefer Blur online.
I remember Prologue had three room settings: Beginner: Intermediate : Expert:
Experts kept away from the Beginners room and Beginners kept away from the Experts room...Seriously.
No doubt PCars will have difficulty settings to cater for the beginners and all in all it's what the racing genre needs is a different focus.

@Johnnypenso : You put into words the concern that I had in saying that. I know that GT has a much, much broader base, and covers many, many different types of racing/driving.

So, it is true that GT will have a place. Just not quite so much with the sim people.... ;)

240680.jpg
If anyone wants to use this as an Avatar or anything go ahead.

Back