When will we get shuffle races back?

• Thread starter OnlyMe
  • 67 comments
I wish I could more than once, this is huge for the online community.

Here is a good description of shuffle racing by @Doodle :

If you don't know what shuffle racing was, the host will pick a PP, and when you enter the track, you will get a random car from that PP range. This lead to some extremely close and fun racing, and buying cars wasn't necessary! It's a quick and easy way to get right into the online racing action without spending your precious credits tuning your cars!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/shuffle-races.297848/

^ The reason why we don't have shuffle is right there. Buying cars wasn't necessary. I wish I had taken a picture of the microtransaction screen to paste here right now...

^ The reason why we don't have shuffle is right there. Buying cars wasn't necessary. I wish I had taken a picture of the microtransaction screen to paste here right now...
They still give us "courtesy cars" or as they called it in GT5 "recommended list". You can't keep the cars after the race so I don't see the problem.
Making money in the game is very easily, most of the cars used for shuffle racing could be purchased separately for less than 1 million cr.

Reactions: VBR
Dear Mr Yamauchi,

As far as making money goes, it is understandable that you don't want people to play your game without buying cars.

Correct me if i'm wrong but in the very first place ( and still today, i hope so ) your aim when creating GT was not to get money, was it?

So please; just show us, once again, that you can provide mankind the best way to drive online ever, just because you like cars and racing: give us shuffle back.

Thank for your time,

best regards

I played GT5 online virtually every week, I rarely touch GT6 online...

Removing Shuffle racing is both plainly contrary to the wishes of the community who are actually playing online and also goes against what GT should be encouraging. 3 years after the release of GT5 there were still loads of regular, clean shuffle lobbies and yet it's cut with no sign of a return in GT6? A mode that encourages adaptability and puts the onus on the driver not the car and it's not in on day 1?

Programmatically it's a few lists of comparable cars and a half decent selection on past performance algorithm.

Easily my biggest disappointment with a game that has broadly been disappointing.

It must be so easy for them to implement. Sure they won't get the car fairness 100% but tweaking after online feedback, wouldn't take too much effort ?

Last edited:
It looks to be part of the community features. So, it's coming back, just differently. (and, maybe, much the same.... ? )

GT5 Online servers close Friday. Are they really gonna kill Shuffle & all the community features in GT5 without adding community features in GT6?

Latest Posts

Back