Where do you think Horizon 3 will take place?

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 41 comments

Where will Horizon 3 take place?

• Japan

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • China

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Asia

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • India

• Russia

• Europe (again)

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • USA (again)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Canada

• Mexico

• Central America

• Brazil

• Other South America

• Africa

• Total voters
@MXHyland @VXR -- Whether it's Australia or not, if the map is wide open plains then it won't be much motivation for me to take the plunge on Windows 10. "I'm bored to tears already" is right.

Long straights, wide roads, and high speeds serve the lowest common denominator of the Horizon fanbase, so I'm not very optimistic about that. Nevertheless, the series has been so great that I want to know what's next.
you dont really know Australia do you?

I admit when I'm wrong and in this case, I don't think have ever been more wrong about writing off a game pre-release than with FH3. I'll always have a bias towards a Japanese setting but PG's Australia looks simply phenomenal as does the game itself.

I'm now frantically looking to get a hold off a XB1S.

MXH
I admit when I'm wrong and in this case, I don't think have ever been more wrong about writing off a game pre-release than with FH3. I'll always have a bias towards a Japanese setting but PG's Australia looks simply phenomenal as does the game itself.

I'm now frantically looking to get a hold off a XB1S.
honestly when most people think of Australia they just think of big open desert's and that quite frankly does sound boring as hell so i cant really blame anyone for assuming its going to be boring also i really want one of those i do have an xbox one but that looks better

My comment was actually not based on a perception of Australia ("Whether it's Australia or not..."). It was based on FH2's map and what it indicates for the future of the series. From what I've seen of FH3 so far, I'm not wrong.

It's not the scenery, it's the roads. The barriers and relatively claustrophobic roads of FH1's Colorado combined with the physics made for an exceptionally technical driving/racing game. Blowing it open and widening the bends pretty much killed the appeal for me.

My comment was actually not based on a perception of Australia ("Whether it's Australia or not..."). It was based on FH2's map and what it indicates for the future of the series. From what I've seen of FH3 so far, I'm not wrong.

It's not the scenery, it's the roads. The barriers and relatively claustrophobic roads of FH1's Colorado combined with the physics made for an exceptionally technical driving/racing game. Blowing it open and widening the bends pretty much killed the appeal for me.
The twisty little dirt tracks in the demo seem to speak to the opposite of this sentiment.

The twisty little dirt tracks in the demo seem to speak to the opposite of this sentiment.
A small twisty little dirt track doesn't mean much in the grand scope of the whole map lol, and even less to do with his general idea that the roads are easy to forget in FH2.

I agree with @Wolfe on his views about FH1 and FH2, but as for FH3 so far, I don't feel like everything is turning into a giant offroad shortcut, much like FH2 was. I feel inclined to stay on the road, and haven't really been pressured to cut through all kinds of dirt/foilage, because everyone else is, to get to the finish line. Hell, even the roads when you cut through the forest have some life to it. It's still too early to decide though, as the demo is only a few races and a small section

Is there just the one dirt track then? It looked to me that there were several waiting to be discovered, and we haven't even made it up into the mountains yet.

Is there just the one dirt track then? It looked to me that there were several waiting to be discovered, and we haven't even made it up into the mountains yet.
Although he hasn't mentioned it here, what is comment is likely about is the lack of memorable twisty's and nice paved roads. Since FH2 was so open, it really lost the feel of driving down a nice set of turns, or a nice stretch of road. However, I did acknowledge that we have to little to judge it off of so far as we hardly got a chunk of the map, and that it does atleast feel different from FH2 so far. We'd have to wait for the full game to confirm/deny.

FH2's roads were disappointing by themselves even if shortcuts weren't possible. FH1's map wasn't all that great to begin with, just better; at the time it seemed like a solid starting point, but PG went in a direction I didn't anticipate.

I'm not saying it's a bad game or not worth playing. I would be happy to play it if I had an XBone or W10, and I'm happy for you guys who are preordered and ready to go, but what has been shown has done little to urge me to upgrade to a whole new W10 computer (I seriously lack the specs now), to clarify where I'm coming from on this. I'm relieved that I don't need to buy an Xbox for future Horizon games, though.

Back