where have all the stars gone ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alss
  • 20 comments
  • 1,618 views
Messages
269
England
England
Messages
Blue--08--
Ive been doing a few night race of late and where the night sky was full of stars ive now noticed I have none ?
 
Where are all the stars? They have gone to the oscars??? :lol: sorry couldnt resist...

Hadn't noticed this but I haven't been on the game much since 1.04. Can someone test this (away from PS3 at the moment (at work :() ??
 
Weather settings? Obvious suggestion but I'll throw it out there anyway :)
 
I've noticed the stars have been toned down since update 1.04. :(

Maybe someone at PD felt they were distracting, but I thought they were brilliant. I've tried night runs at all of the night tracks since the latest update with the weather setting on 0% and though the sky effects are good, they're nowhere as amazing as they were a month ago. Hope PD changes this on a future update.
 
Some tracks have no stars, some have a lot. It's called light pollution and it's why you don't see stars everywhere in real life.

True, but the tracks that had very little (if no) light pollution still have noticeably less star effects than before. Willow Springs, Spa, and Nurburgring come to mind.
 
You'll also get light pollution, if you can even call it that, from the sun itself as it's setting. You have to wait a little while even after it's gone down before all the starts are out in their full glory.
 
True, but the tracks that had very little (if no) light pollution still have noticeably less star effects than before. Willow Springs, Spa, and Nurburgring come to mind.
Just because Spa and the Nürburgring are in forests, doesn't mean there is no light pollution.

mondo_ridotto0p25.gif
 
It is weather settings. Also take in mind that some tracks take time for the stars to start appearing in the sky. One good example is the Nurburgring. You won't start seeing them until around midnight. But stars are still there.
 
Maybe PD want to solve problems with Playstation-performance that way. They have reduced details on Bathurst too.
 
As you earn stars in the career mode, the stars in the night sky dwindle.


Working as intended.
 
Maybe PD want to solve problems with Playstation-performance that way. They have reduced details on Bathurst too.
The stars don't cost any performance, it's likely they changed something in the lighting.
 
Light pollution ? So the night sky was full of stars at the release of the game but some how light pollution as now been added as , maybe a sneaky update so no more stars , really great answers guys.
 
It was only distracting as it was a new feature, then you get used to it, given the chance.

I guess PD knows best tho.:sick:
 
Ive been doing a few night race of late and where the night sky was full of stars ive now noticed I have none ?

Can you say which tracks specifically? I did a Bathurst night race and the night sky was full of stars.

Also did you have weather on as well? Sometimes I set my weather to 10% and that leads to cloud formations but no rain, therefore blocking the sky.
 
Light pollution ? So the night sky was full of stars at the release of the game but some how light pollution as now been added as , maybe a sneaky update so no more stars , really great answers guys.
To me it was the same in the beginning.
 
For me on some tracks it was exaggerated and stars were too prominent - that's not how it looks in real life. If they toned it down I can totally understand.
 
I don't understand why anyone's even really looking at the stars. Much like during day races, in night races I'm more worried about what's happening on the ground rather than what's up in the sky. :odd:
 
DNW
I don't understand why anyone's even really looking at the stars. Much like during day races, in night races I'm more worried about what's happening on the ground rather than what's up in the sky. :odd:

I only pay attention to them in replays.

Most of the time I'm too busy to watch birds or planes.
 
Light pollution ? So the night sky was full of stars at the release of the game but some how light pollution as now been added as , maybe a sneaky update so no more stars , really great answers guys.


What I meant was that it takes some time before the starts come out in full force. At 10pm it's dark on Nurburgring, but the stars won't be out until later. Try that track & set the time to 23:50 with weather at start set to 0 & then come back to report whether the stars are there or not.

What track or tracks do you no longer see stars at?
 
Back