Where you will spend most of time in GTmode or online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AleksandarSRB
  • 114 comments
  • 6,185 views

How do you intend to spend most of your GT5 time?

  • Career (GT) mode

    Votes: 100 84.0%
  • Arcade (single player or splitscreen)

    Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Online Racing all the way

    Votes: 17 14.3%

  • Total voters
    119
What do you expect living in Dumfries? Sheep don't need the internet much. Why not move to civilisation and get yourself some proper broadband :D
 
I will be so bold as to say if the online is laggy and poor in general I will be returning the game back to the stores.

To say that you will return the game if it's online isn't good is just so wrong. You sayin you will only buy it for it's online mode? What about everything else the game has to offer? That's like buyin a Blu-ray player but only playin dvds on it!
 
To say that you will return the game if it's online isn't good is just so wrong. You sayin you will only buy it for it's online mode? What about everything else the game has to offer? That's like buyin a Blu-ray player but only playin dvds on it!

I can get behind that, tbh. GT series has never been about online for me, since it's never done it but, since Prologue it's now the primary focus and the thing with online is, that for a lot of people, once you've tried it there's no going back. Like a Golf GTi might be a great car and fast as hell and fun to drive but once you've had a go in an XKR it's just dull and boring to go back to the VW.

Same thing with GT5 - if (for sake of argument) it came out with no online for some reason, I probably wouldn't bother with it. Not for something that's only going to take a week or two to finish the single player game.

I do think if the online is laggy and crap to begin with I'd stick with it in the hope that they patch it, tho.
 
What do you expect living in Dumfries? Sheep don't need the internet much. Why not move to civilisation and get yourself some proper broadband :D

Even if I had a good broadband connection, I still would only play online the odd time. In my experience, the people you race against online treat every race like it's a game of destruction derby, and love to simply smash into everyone. That's not racing, just the actions of braindead morons. GT is much more than that.
 
Even if I had a good broadband connection, I still would only play online the odd time. In my experience, the people you race against online treat every race like it's a game of destruction derby, and love to simply smash into everyone. That's not racing, just the actions of braindead morons. GT is much more than that.

Stick around, mate. I'd say more than 90% of my prologue races were with good, clean drivers. That's cos I joined this board (complaining about online, if memory serves) only to find out the guys here had developed a code of conduct and a system for getting round the no-private-rooms thing. 👍

Full release will have private rooms so I expect the only time I'll be in a dodgemfest is when I go looking for it
 
I can get behind that, tbh. GT series has never been about online for me, since it's never done it but, since Prologue it's now the primary focus and the thing with online is, that for a lot of people, once you've tried it there's no going back. Like a Golf GTi might be a great car and fast as hell and fun to drive but once you've had a go in an XKR it's just dull and boring to go back to the VW.

Same thing with GT5 - if (for sake of argument) it came out with no online for some reason, I probably wouldn't bother with it. Not for something that's only going to take a week or two to finish the single player game.

I do think if the online is laggy and crap to begin with I'd stick with it in the hope that they patch it, tho.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good online race as well as the anybody, but only if the people playing with you take the racing seriously.And think that GT5s career mode will take a lot longer to get through than a couple of weeks. I still haven't finished GT4, but since prologue came out i haven't touched it.
 
Maybe people played other racing games, and realized that just about all games have similar A.I. ;)

I enjoy Prologue much more offline, because online servers are practically empty, and I've never been able to get into one with someone from here, save once or twice. Racing against 15 opponents is a blast, whether humans or bots.

As with many here, I'll mostly be racing offline against the "windowlickers," and will be avoiding public online servers like the plague.

I just hope that when GT5 comes out, everybody on these forums will be venturing online as often as possible. We should all be pals!
 
Don't get me wrong, I love a good online race as well as the anybody, but only if the people playing with you take the racing seriously.And think that GT5s career mode will take a lot longer to get through than a couple of weeks. I still haven't finished GT4, but since prologue came out i haven't touched it.

See post above. GTplanet guys all hit prologue at bang on 15 mins - xx:00, xx:15, xx:30 and xx:45

Back when there were a lot of us playing you were pretty much guaranteed a full grid of GTP_ tagged drivers, most of the time. Also some of the other boards like GTRP and the japanese one (name escapes me) so you'd see them starting at the same time. What it amounted to was totally clean and inspiring racing with some great guys.

It turned me from a firm "online is for retards" kind guy, to a true believer. Trust me - GT5 online, even with the most basic functionality, will be everything you're hoping for and more.
 
Stick around, mate. I'd say more than 90% of my prologue races were with good, clean drivers. That's cos I joined this board (complaining about online, if memory serves) only to find out the guys here had developed a code of conduct and a system for getting round the no-private-rooms thing. 👍

Full release will have private rooms so I expect the only time I'll be in a dodgemfest is when I go looking for it

I actually enjoy watching Nascar racing. Even enjoyed the dodgy Tom Cruise movie. So i was excited when it came out Nascar would be in GT5. Those online races are gonna be awsome.
 
To say that you will return the game if it's online isn't good is just so wrong. You sayin you will only buy it for it's online mode? What about everything else the game has to offer? That's like buyin a Blu-ray player but only playin dvds on it!

I already race twice a week in an online league and one off tournaments. I will probably try to convert my friends over to gt if the online is good. The reason I will return the game is that I prefer to race competitively with my freinds as I currently do, rather than abandon my leagues to play offline.

Funny enough I've bought a blue ray player (PS3) and I only play DVD's. I won't pay the extra for the same film.
 
See post above. GTplanet guys all hit prologue at bang on 15 mins - xx:00, xx:15, xx:30 and xx:45

Back when there were a lot of us playing you were pretty much guaranteed a full grid of GTP_ tagged drivers, most of the time. Also some of the other boards like GTRP and the japanese one (name escapes me) so you'd see them starting at the same time. What it amounted to was totally clean and inspiring racing with some great guys.

It turned me from a firm "online is for retards" kind guy, to a true believer. Trust me - GT5 online, even with the most basic functionality, will be everything you're hoping for and more.

Watch out for me. ID is kjjtrmn8r. See you online.
 
When the game is released I expect this section of the board will become a bit more like the prologue one is now, including organised events, tuners sections and the registry. Basically everyone added everyone else as a friend on PSN abd most of us would update our status to say which event we were racing in. Prologue is pretty much dead now but I think when GT5 launches you'll be in for a pleasant surprise. This board totally rocks when theres a game to be played.
 
It all depens on how well the online works. This is their first attempt at true online racing so who knows how it will be when the final version is released. Basically the GT online mode will have to have all the features from the online racing in Forza 3 and I will be happy. Otherwise I will probably just spend time in the GT5 campaign. Who knows, still a long way away.
 
Prologue netcode was adequate all they have to do is add the ability to make a private room, either by password or invite and It'll be good enough for me. Sure I'd like a whole bunch of bells and whistles but as long as there's private rooms and it plays as well as prologue I can live with it.

I don't think that's a tall order, tbh.
 
Prologue netcode was adequate all they have to do is add the ability to make a private room, either by password or invite and It'll be good enough for me. Sure I'd like a whole bunch of bells and whistles but as long as there's private rooms and it plays as well as prologue I can live with it.

I don't think that's a tall order, tbh.

I agree, although if you mean qualifying and licence requirements to enter an open event as merely bells and whistles, i don't.
I think open races with a certain requirement to show you've made an effort and are able to drive would be a nice way to meet other players, and eventually enter private events, otherwise private events might become closed clubs.
Private events, yes, better resolved open events, just as important in my opinion.
 
My ideas for bells and whistles go way beyond that. I'm thinking online car clubs, racing teams with tag provisions, personal storefronts like in Forza, broadcast facilities for spectating big competitions in pshome, ladders, tournaments ... the list goes on ...
 
I was only refering to the bare essentials, all those ideas i welcome though. 👍

We can only wish and hope at this point, not expect too much
 
That's why I'm setting my sights on prologue but with private rooms. Anything over and above that will be gravy
 
Same thing with GT5 - if (for sake of argument) it came out with no online for some reason, I probably wouldn't bother with it. Not for something that's only going to take a week or two to finish the single player game.

I do think if the online is laggy and crap to begin with I'd stick with it in the hope that they patch it, tho.

Thats the thing though, the GT mode has so much more depth than your average game, it can occupy you for months. Hopefully PD have expanded the GTmode, not reduced it down. I expect a lot more than GT4, taking things out of the game is not an option, especially when it is just code for race events and such.

The online was improved quite a bit through the spec updates in prologue, they have sorted some of the problems. They also have a huge server room, and a whole online team working on it that they probably didn't have when prologue was launched, at least not on the same scale.

The online will be good don't you worry. I just hope they've linked it to GTmode, to give it a little more substance than 'a pick up and race' game.
 
The pics from GT Academy finals are just awesome, after seeing that I'm going to give more attention to online, but GT mode should keep me busy for 90% percent of GT game time. ;)
 
Thats the thing though, the GT mode has so much more depth than your average game, it can occupy you for months. Hopefully PD have expanded the GTmode, not reduced it down. I expect a lot more than GT4, taking things out of the game is not an option, especially when it is just code for race events and such.

The online was improved quite a bit through the spec updates in prologue, they have sorted some of the problems. They also have a huge server room, and a whole online team working on it that they probably didn't have when prologue was launched, at least not on the same scale.

The online will be good don't you worry. I just hope they've linked it to GTmode, to give it a little more substance than 'a pick up and race' game.

I tend to play any video game single player campaigns like a man possessed. From the minute The opening credits roll, it's a race to get the ending movie, my pat on the back for beating the bitch. Historically it's taken about two weeks worth of play for me to get there with prologue setting the record at just over three days. Then that's it done for me. Time to move on to hotlaps and 2 player splitscreen. Or online as it is now.
 
Prologue online was terrible but, given the circumstances, it was believably so. I find it inconceivable that GT5 full won't be, at least adequate, covering the usual, private lobby and voting options. If they don't have at least the basics of any standard online interface then the company deserves to go bankrupt. Even with basic online functionality (I wouldn't say prologue even came close to that) I'll be more than happy to spend most of the rest of my life playing it.

As opposed to GT mode which is going to last me a fortnight at the very outside.

GT4 had no real online play, while most games did.
Hell even GT3 could have had it, but didn't.
and GT5P was the biggest half assed BS game ever, once you get down to details, so excuse me if I have no faith in GT's online playability
 
What I hope for is the GT mode is combined with online play. You may wonder how this will work but I will explain.

Whilst playing through the Forza 2 career, any races you entered would have your laptimes and overall time uploaded to the leaderboards. This proved to be excellent fun because it was a real challenge to be consistently fast for say 25laps. This also mean't the career mode provided infinite entertainment as you could always improve your times. They even had an overall career leaderboard!

This could be implemented into GT5. For example rather than just getting gold, silver, bronze on the licence tests there could also be leaderboards for these. The same could be done for all GT mode events and just imagine what fun it would be having leaderboards for the endurance events. This would require some serious concentration for such a long period of time.

Speaking of leaderboards but I do wonder how these will be implemented into GT5. As we know on GT5P all cars had their own leaderboard for both standard/pro settings. Now will this be done for GT5? Im not so sure because just imagine how many leaderboards this would be i.e 1000cars, 100 track variations, 2x for standard/Pro. I certainly hope so because the problem with games such as Forza 3 having leaderboards for A, B ,C class etc means very few cars are used in your garage.
 
GT mode, I'm not a big fan of online games most people don't take it seriously.
 
Back