Where you will spend most of time in GTmode or online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AleksandarSRB
  • 114 comments
  • 6,180 views

How do you intend to spend most of your GT5 time?

  • Career (GT) mode

    Votes: 100 84.0%
  • Arcade (single player or splitscreen)

    Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Online Racing all the way

    Votes: 17 14.3%

  • Total voters
    119
Online from day one unless forced to play single player. Might play single player a little if it's good, and I hope that it is.
 
GT mode and online only with people in the GTP registry.
 
GT Mode with the occasional dabble online when my marbles grow.

For those that dont have Prologue(anymore), we will HAVE to play GT mode first to collect the cars, unless yall cheaters!
 
GT Mode to get a decent car then online after I'm satisfied I have the best car around. :cool:
 
Most probably it's going to be like...4 months of ALWAYS playing the GT Mode. After that only touch it once and a while or start it all over (for some reason I love doing this in GT games :lol:) and then it's going to be drifting online. :D
 
You'll have to play GT Mode. Otherwise, how else will you win the cars that are not for sale at the dealerships?
 
Who's to say there won't be a career mode as well. :sly:
 
I would love if races in GT mode can be played online against other human players, not against those poorest AI bots of all driving games for which has been GT known for whole its existence.
 
For me it will be as follows (assuming it will be somehow similar to GT4 and previous games):
Go into GT Mode and starting to acquire the licenses - at least all the basic ones (depends on how much will be). If there will be special WRC licenses then I probably skip those at this stage.
Then continue GT mode to get some good & fast cars - I prefer to race online with cars like Ford GT, Ferrari, F1 etc. rather then Clio types of cars.
Then I will start the online - probably I will spent one evening in Onlinethe next in GT mode, next in Online.....you probably got the idea (roughly 50% on each)
 
GT Mode will probably get 99% of my time...
 
of course GT mode trying get my fav cars ......
tuned
don't forget open platinum trophy :D
 
GT mode until I build my fleet and fill my garage. Then, measure myself against the rest of the world in both time attack and races. Can't f'ing wait ! (^_^)
 
Most of my time will be in GT mode or career mode if that is there this time, I am afraid that PSN is going to start charging for being online and if that happens it will be the end of online for me, I allready pay my internet provider and refuse to "pay-to-play" a video game no matter how good the game might be!
 
I am afraid that PSN is going to start charging for being online and if that happens it will be the end of online for me,
its been confirmed by Sony that the current PSN service will remain free
 
Awesome! So what is all this crap I hear about charging us, have you heard?

Sony is going to offer a "premium" service for a fee...as far as details regarding the price, or features that will be considered "premium?" They have said NOTHING...

But it has been confirmed by MULTIPLE Sony execs, on MULTIPLE occasions that the current Playstation Network that we use today, including all its features (playing games online included in that) will remain 100% free...
 
Sony is going to offer a "premium" service for a fee...as far as details regarding the price, or features that will be considered "premium?" They have said NOTHING...

But it has been confirmed by MULTIPLE Sony execs, on MULTIPLE occasions that the current Playstation Network that we use today, including all its features (playing games online included in that) will remain 100% free...

👍 Thanks for the info Metfanant. In that case after completing GT mode I will probably spend alot of time racing online!
 
So I've been carrying on with my life, just assuming that, like me, everyone was more looking forward to the online than the single player aspect of GT5 but This thread has got me wondering.

So the question is - which mode are you more looking forward to? (given that both are as good as we're hoping they will be) What's it going to be, pwning noobs or playing with yourself? :D
 
I do SP in pretty much every game I play. If GT has a well organized online (which I suspect it will), I'll probably hop on once I'm starting to get bored with the GT mode.
 
Offline... mostly for the challenges in GT mode. Now, for REAL challenges and awesome fun races, with clean drivers and clean passing techniques, Online. PRIVATE LOBBY online.
 
So the question is - which mode are you more looking forward to? (given that both are as good as we're hoping they will be) What's it going to be, pwning noobs or playing with yourself? :D
Merged with existing thread.
 
GT mode.

I don't have any interest in online.
 
Most time Career
Good amount ONLINE
Not so much Arcade
Unless Arcade you can choose number of cars from 1-16, their AI level, tunned or non tuned, and hand pick cars, then it will be a great arcade time!
 
After years of entertaining myself with GT4 mostly alone with the occassional multi-player split screen duels i'd be hard pressed back then to say i missed something.
To be honest, the main reason i've switched to PS3, apart from expecting GT5 soon, was Prologue with its interior view and new challenges ( aside from other game titles ).
Out of curiousity, and since Prologue is very limited in content, i hooked my PS3 up to my modem and bang....wow.
Given Prologue's trial and error attitude as a lab for the full game and the general skill/attitude displayed by many drivers far from satisfactory, i have to say i was and still am impressed by the possibilities and far broader scope it offers, not to mention how much more fun it is to finally test your driving skill against real life counterparts.
When GT5 finally arrives i will probably spend most of the first year offline collecting cars, licences, experience all cars and entering all events.
I now know that when i do eventually get tired of knowing exactly where each A.I. car starts to spin and after being familiar with every handling aspect of each car and confident enough to enter an online event i will find a completely new and exciting world when i do.
That will be my true GT-planet from then onwards, and i'll happily call it home.
 
Unless Arcade you can choose number of cars from 1-16, their AI level, tunned or non tuned, and hand pick cars, then it will be a great arcade time!

For me i would only play arcade if you could put snow tyres on a F1 car and try to do a lap on a snow course,just for fun.

Otherwise i will be in GT mode 100% of the time,with maybe some online but i doubt it though.
 
GT for me has always been a case of playing GT mode until I had all gold cups and a bucketload of cars (couple of weeks at most) and then years spent hotlapping and trying to shave milliseconds off my PB on my favourite tracks, with my favourite cars, with the odd splitscreen battle against a mate.

Since the advent of the internets and online gaming in general, my focus totally changed to FPS's and RPG's playing online predominantly, not even bothering to finish most of the single player campaigns.

When Prologue came out I did the usual - finish GT mode but now there was something else to explore. Online annoyed me at first, on account of the punters but, once I found this place and realised I had to press start at bang on 15mins and the just what a grid full of GTP_ tags meant - I was sold.

It's always been the rule with online gaming anyroad - pubs are full of numpties and the real game happens on the private servers. Problem with prologue was twofold - no private servers and the idiots could seriously screw up your game, as opposed to the joy of pwning them sideways which comes with shooters.

So with the full release of GT5 the one thing I'm expecting, over weather and damage and skidmarks and whatnot, is private rooms. I don't think I'm being overly optimistic in thinking that privacy is a given. It's just inconceivable that it won't be included. So I'll be able to race with my mates, enter GTPlanet-organised competitions for seeded (mediocre) drivers like myself and have a total blast.

Even with the utterly crappy online mode of prologue It still ate up the best part of a year of my life where the GT mode took about a week.

This place never ceases to amaze me, I'd figured pretty much everyone felt the same way. Not that I'd argue the toss, either way - it's your game, enjoy it how you will. Just a bit surprised is all.
 
Yes, Pentagram, i also am surprised sometimes by the arguments for what i assumed to be obvious, logical or at least commonly shared views within a community of GT enthusiasts, like you said in another thread, it takes all sorts.
Like when i made a case for interior view....;)
 
Back