Where's Weezer?Music 

all i can say is thank god. im sorry but i cant stand weezer and hoep they are done making music so i dont have to hear them again. but in the meantime good luck finding out about them ;)
 
One hit wonders? You do realize they have four albums? And they run the standard 2 to 3 radio songs per album. Educate yourself.
 
Originally posted by lethalAE86typeR
where have they been. i havent herd any thing from them since maladroit

And by the way, Maladroit came out last year. Sometimes artists like to take a while to write good music before they lay down a new album - which Weezer is currently in the process of.

http://www.weezer.com for more information.
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic
One hit wonders? You do realize they have four albums? And they run the standard 2 to 3 radio songs per album. Educate yourself.

Yup. Although they have never hit that high they got on their first album. Man it was loaded with hits.

Their last one was "keep fishing" with the muppets in the video right?
 
I believe so. I've been a Weezer fan since the Buddy Holy video was included with Windows 95 (:
 
I like them too.. Occasionally I also listen to The Rentals, have you heard the album "Return of The Rentals"? If not I think you should check it out as a weezer fan.

/D
 
... that's one of my favorite albums of all time. "Please let that be you" is my favorite song, ever. That's so cool that you know and like them.
 
Cool! :cool: My favourite track is the first, "the love I'm searching for"
 
It's good stuff. There aren't a lot of albums that I will listen to from start to finish, but that's one of them.
 
True.. those albums are rare. Have you got any suggestions for other good listening in weezer/rentals style?
 
Well I didn't like the new Rentals album - steer clear of it. But when I started listening to Weezer I also started listening to Ben Folds Five, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, ... all the big angst bands of the early ninties.
 
Meh. I didn't like their second album either. And all the other bands you mentioned are familiar already.

Another classic album is "1977" w. Ash.. Heard it?
 
Yep, it's good stuff. I didn't really listen to it all that much though. I also like Elastica, girl band from London. I'm actually having trouble remembering who I used to listen to - who my CDs are all of.
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic
One hit wonders? You do realize they have four albums? And they run the standard 2 to 3 radio songs per album. Educate yourself.

Not to mention other projects like The Return of the Rentals.
 
Originally posted by milefile
Not to mention other projects like The Return of the Rentals.

Album already covered in discussion.
 
ya theyre probably trying to write good songs instead of just throwing crap together to get a record out. i was the same with 3 doors down. im a fan of them but they went away for a long time after thier first album. but theyre second one didnt turn out as good as the first in my opinion.
 
Originally posted by GTJugend
I like them too.. Occasionally I also listen to The Rentals, have you heard the album "Return of The Rentals"? If not I think you should check it out as a weezer fan.

/D

Heh. Note to self: Read all posts.
 
Tends to help (: I actually have a rant on that as well.

Can't find the thread though.
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic
One hit wonders? You do realize they have four albums? And they run the standard 2 to 3 radio songs per album. Educate yourself.

4 albums and ive only heard one song, it must mean they are a one hit wonder in australia anyways.
 
Originally posted by millencolin
4 albums and ive only heard one song, it must mean they are a one hit wonder in australia anyways.

It's probably so. In Europe and US they have had more than 10 videos on MTV in total...
 
Back