Which 20 Million Car did you buy first

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by TonyB66, Apr 11, 2019.

1. TonyB66

TonyB66

My prize money is nearing the 20 Million Mark and I am debating which 20 Million Car to buy. I have alrady bought the Shelby Daytona (15M) but it’s time to spend some of the hard earned cash on an expensive car.

It’s such a slog to earn enough credits to buy one of these cars I can’t see me grinding for enough cash to buy another any time soon so the choice is important.

Thinking about the Ferrari 330 P4, but love the GTO and now they have introduced the 250 GT Berlinetta (which is cheaper) I’m giving that some serious consideration.

So what did you buy and why?

CTznOfTime and hornet_burnout like this.
  2. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

$20 mil? XJ13.

$10 mil and above? 250 GT Berlinetta

3. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

XJ13 :)

TonyB66 likes this.
  4. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

Ferrari 250 GTO.

Was stumped on figuring out what to buy as my first high roller so I chalked it down to a poll. Majority vote went towards that car specifically.

TonyB66 likes this.
  5. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 11.58.30.png

XJ13 - because it's beautiful and will win Nostalgic quickly.
    I used that to "grind" another 20 million (in half the time it took on BMB) and bought the P4. The P4 is faster than the XJ13. But I still prefer driving the Jag, although both are great fun.
    Am not planning to get any more for a while!

6. Rizla

Rizla Premium

Was gifted the 330 P4 so the first 20 Mill number I bought was the Jag.

Saying that I only ever use the 330 P4 to do the daily mileage on the nostalgic, and rake in the credits & xp, because it's so much fun. Almost 300 races there so far with it.

7. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

The Mark IV. At this point the TZ2 is the only high roller I don't own. Though technically the first high roller I got was the P4, as a birthday car.

seadog777 and sirjim73 like this.
  8. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Mark IV Ford. Used it a few times and sold it to release credits to buy reasonably priced cars in another update. Once I get to max credits again I think I'd get the XJ13 as it is an open top car and they are excellent in VR.

seadog777 and TonyB66 like this.
  9. sanrensho

sanrensho

Bought the Cobra Daytona first, then bought the Mark IV Ford and just recently bought the Ferrari 250 Passo Corto
    Now saving for the Miura. 9 mil to go and Sport mode don't pay jack squat.

10. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

None but i have been gifted 2 330 P4s and an XJ13

Id like to buy the daytona for 15 mil tho

CTznOfTime and seadog777 like this.
  11. TonyB66

TonyB66

You have had some major luck with your car gifts!!

CTznOfTime, JoueurGT and seadog777 like this.
  12. TonyB66

TonyB66

I’m so bored of grinding BMB.

FoRiZon, Rizla and seadog777 like this.
  13. Jay Matthews

Jay Matthews

Was gifted the Jag, then bought the Ferrari. I got the Ford after that. Since then, I've bought all of the other expensive cars.

Yes, I grind a lot... ;)

Buy the Jag & then grind La Sarthe with it. It has a better credits/minute ratio than BMB. :tup: And it's much more fun...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2019
    I-Runner and seadog777 like this.
  14. alp

alp

XJ13 and then the 330 P4. Never grinded after that. These two need about 50,000 mi points to fully tune as well but they are fantastic.

seadog777 likes this.
  15. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Wow! That's kinda lucky! Are you Irish?

Don't worry, it will be over soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2019
    Rizla likes this.
  16. Tomsoft

Tomsoft

The 330 P4. Chosen it because I'd liked it in the previous games a lot.
    Since then I haven't had any 20m cars, but the 10m Alfa TZ2 is pretty fun and the DB3S is amazing!

sirjim73 and seadog777 like this.
  17. Lazybike

Lazybike

I've never bought one most I've had is 12 million...I got the XJ13, P330 and the DB3 gifted.

seadog777 likes this.
  18. svenvangent

svenvangent

XJ13 and why for the line than I drove it (didn't know you could try before you buy the car at that time ) and sold it :D
    Now I want it back olee .

seadog777 likes this.
  19. Mateusz90

Mateusz90

The first was Ford Mark IV and it is such a nice car, but I don't know why people don't like it? It has nice V8 sound, nice visibility, nice cockpit. I was very happy that I bought it. Ferraris are for me somehow boring? Maybe because I used them in every single game so often.
    After I bought the Ford, I used it all the time in Nostalgic Races, so I won the next 20 mil using it in short time :)
    The next was Jaguar XJ13, It's fine, but I've earned about only 10 mil with it, before I got bored with it. When I used it longer than two races in a row, I got somehow irritated about it. But I still have it in my garage.
    After that I bought the Alfa TZ2 for 10 Mil, and I don't know what to think about it. It could be cool to use, but there are literally no races for it… It's such a shame. Stupid Group X kills cars playability potential.

20. Gamrac

Gamrac

none

21. RichiPuppy

RichiPuppy

I have all of them and like driving the 330 P4 the best. It is also the fastest on La Sarthe.

seadog777 likes this.
  22. DGXR

DGXR

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    eMc0B and seadog777 like this.
  23. Quakebass

Quakebass

I've only bought the Mk. IV and DB3 with actual credits, but I also won the Jag from the the wheel of misfortune something like two days after it was added to the game. Personally of those three I like the feel of the Aston the most (conveniently it's also one of the cheapest unicorns), but I don't really dislike any of them for the way they perform. The Jag and Mk. IV have the added benefit of sort of having other cars that can race against them (only if you set up Arcade Mode the right way), but all of them suffer from being relatively isolated cars in the game. I think the recently-added Ferrari may be a good choice of expensive car since it's actually in the N-classification.

24. p78

p78

I got the Jag for free, so i started saving for the 250 gto, but then i bought the 250 GT Berlinetta when it came up :).
    So now i'm back saving up for the 250 GTO.

CTznOfTime and seadog777 like this.
  25. NJ72

NJ72

I bought the miura as I love the car. No real interest to buy the others and I despise grinding. Used to use the rubber banding trick, not sure if it still works or not.

seadog777 likes this.
  26. SUPRASTAR0003

SUPRASTAR0003

Ford GT40 race car for 20,000,000 Cr in full premium, I would buy.

seadog777 likes this.
  27. I-Runner

I-Runner

I have all the cars of the game ...so my personal 20 Mio rank is:

1 - Ferrari 330 P4
    2 - Jaguar XJ13
    3 - Ford Mark IV

4 - Ferrari 250 GTO (After the Daytona)

IR

28. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

I don't have the patience to grind for so much money, neither do I have that much luck with the car roulettes.

seadog777 likes this.
  29. GTjedi99

GTjedi99

Does the Shelby Daytona count, if so then that and I have to say worth the money

seadog777 likes this.
  30. kowalski__1

kowalski__1

When i decided to pull the trigger and buy one of the two 20 mill cars in the game at the time, i had to do one BMB and be capped .
    Went to get my daily car and it was a 330 P4, so i had no choice but to buy the Jag.
    Didn't really like either one very much at the time (March,2018).
    Was gifted another 330 P4 ,four days later and all three collected dust until the Nostalgic 1979 event was released.
    Eventually bought all the rest and was gifted another 250 GTO '62.
    My garage is now basically a 2nd bank.

As for my favorite expensive cars , it has to the first car, the 330 P4, followed closely by the Jag , the Ford ,and the Cobra(sound is awesome).
    The Aston Marten is very fast but lacks good brakes.
    Haven't spent much time with the 250 GTO '62 and the Alfa Romeo.

The newer 250 GTO '61 , although not usable at Nos '79, is a great handling car and fun to slide around the corners at BMB.