Which bike has the best sound?

• Thread starter josef
  • 40 comments
witch bike do u guys think has the best sound?

For me i think the suzuki gsxr 1000 :scared:.

btw: im new here:tup: and i like this site:sly: :) :dopey:

Hey josef, welcome. You should have a look at the forum rules, though, because standard English is required, including capitalization, punctuation, and so on. This helps avoid confusing those members for whom English is a second or third language. And frankly, some of us for whom it's the first!

Also, most of us tend to judge posts like these as a bit, you know, sort of lazy. :guilty:

As for your question, I rather like the Ducati and Aprilia tones.

wfooshee
Hey josef, welcome. You should have a look at the forum rules, though, because standard English is required, including capitalization, punctuation, and so on. This helps avoid confusing those members for whom English is a second or third language. And frankly, some of us for whom it's the first!
And what if Josef is one of those people who is speaking/typing in English when it's not his first language?

How is everyone's Swedish? Can anyone that's posted here so far say "Which bike has the best sound" in Swedish?

daan
And what if Josef is one of those people who is speaking/typing in English when it's not his first language?

How is everyone's Swedish? Can anyone that's posted here so far say "Which bike has the best sound" in Swedish?

I used the 'u' 'i' 'btw' and lack of punctuation as indicators, and said so in my post. I wasn't talking about the 'witch.'

NSR 400 s stroke RM - the sound of 80's race machine

CBR 600 RR RM - the noise of 16,000 rpm 4 stroke

Ducati 999 RM - the unique sound of the best L-twin of the world

NR 750 - feeling the noise of a 32 vls twin can at 18,000 rpm

👍

Personally, I think that they all sound quite horrid. Polyphony have never made any decent engine/exhaust sounds, although they seem to put a lot of work behind recording them. For some reason, they seem to edit the bass out of the sound when the revs go above 3-4000 rpm or so. It's such a shame that they always screw up the engine sound as it's such a large part of the driving/riding experience.

I hope that Polyphony will someday realize that their sound sucks, but I doubt that will happen unless people start complaining. Unfortunately, people seem to be quite happy with the sounds in Polyphony games.

Need For Speed: Underground 2 is a game with very good engine/exhaust sounds. Deep rumbling throaty sounds. Absolutely brilliant with a home cinema system. I'll never forget the sweet rumble of the stock Subaru Impreza WRX.

Ducati 999R - V-Twin lovelyness

MV Augusta F4

Yamaha TZ 125/250

Kawasaki ZX-10R '04 - The deep burbling sound it makes during acceleration.

Its got to be the Vtwins and also the VFR400 so far for me as i have a sound system hooked up to my playstation and i turn the bass right up!

I havent unlocked all of the bikes yet so i have yet to hear all of them.

Ringo
Personally, I think that they all sound quite horrid. Polyphony have never made any decent engine/exhaust sounds, although they seem to put a lot of work behind recording them. For some reason, they seem to edit the bass out of the sound when the revs go above 3-4000 rpm or so. It's such a shame that they always screw up the engine sound as it's such a large part of the driving/riding experience.

I was suprised when I rode an R6 the other week and how good they got the sound! I rode an 06 bike which revs a bit more than the games 05, but the sound was spot on. That whine up to about 4000rpm, then the bassy throaty noise up to about 8000 then the sheer scream up to 15000 (or 18000 in the 06 bikes case!) There is no bass high up in the revs, it is just a high pitched scream and the airbox!

I have to admit some bikes sound more realistic than others.

The 2strokes could do with sounding better, although has anyone noticed they've got that bit under 4000rpm bang on? just above tick over?

yeah the 2 stokes need a bit of tweaking. Although did you know the 2 stroke race bikes like the TZ125 and 250 do not have a tick over. Shut the throttle and the engine will stop. Anyway at high revs they don't sound quite right. The PS2 MotoGP4 has good sounds for the 125 and 250 GP bikes

JJonth
The PS2 MotoGP4 has good sounds for the 125 and 250 GP bikes

I think exactly the same thing!! That game has it bang on. I also think TTsuperbikes for the PS2 has the sounds of the Vtwins perfect too.

Surprising for an arcade type of game, and surprising that the bigger bikes sound very unrealistic aswell isnt it?

josef
okok, sryy guys but english isn't my first laguage as daan said:scared: :nervous:
but ill try to do better:ill: 👍

It's alright dude. He was just trying to give you a heads up before some flames you or something. Anyway I speak english as my first language and understood you perfectly, and I agree with you about which bike is the best sounding.

josef
okok, sryy guys but english isn't my first laguage as daan said:scared: :nervous:
but ill try to do better:ill: 👍

Don't worry, wfooshee thought English was your first language. :scared:

Although, if you're learning English or want to get better at it, I would recommend avoiding shortcuts, like typing "u" instead of "you" and so on. :)

No, it's only been out for a few months - give it some time.

I like the sound on the 2-strokes. From low-speed low-rev up to the midrange it reminds me of those Pod racers from Star Wars Ep. I. Which is odd because I neither enjoyed the movie nor the genre as a whole.

andopodrace1024_m.jpg

When the publisher feels that sales have flatlined and they could generate more revenue by lowering the price, but enough revenue to cover all costs, including production and royalties. Also, it needs to have sold a high volume of units before this can even be considered.

My guess is it will take about 12 - 15 more months.

Sure, but it doesn't make sense to call something a greatest hit if your sales are still at a high volume, it's a cost-benefit analysis.

Back