Which camp are you in??

• Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 36 comments

Which camp are you in?

• Launch Window (November to February)

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Early Next Year (March to September)

Votes: 58 38.2%
  • Late Next Year (September to December)

Votes: 55 36.2%

Votes: 19 12.5%

• Total voters
When it is ready is my guess
scratchchin.gif

We're up to November and we've still only seen one trailer which looked 90% the same as GT Sport in gameplay with a few mocked up menus. Nothing else. That to me is still enough to suggest it's a relatively long way off and keep my guess at holiday 2021.

But also if you want to look at it objectively, look at the past few major Sony first party titles on PS4 and the time between announcement of the first specific release date and the date itself.

TLOU II - 09/24 for 02/21 - 5 months
Ghosts Of Ts. - 03/05 for 06/26 just under 4 months
Days Gone - 06/07 for 02/22 - 8 months
Death Stranding - 05/29 for 11/08 - 5 months
Spider Man - 04/04 for 09/07 - 5 months
God Of War 01/23 for 04/20 - 3 months
Horizon ZD - 06/06 for 02/28 - 8 months
GT Sport - 05/19 for 11/16 - 6 months

Of course many of those titles were delayed and new dates were announced closer to the date itself but that is with promo continuing throughout. My point is, it's highly irregular and unlikely for Sony to announce an initial release date for a game anything less than 4-6 months in advance. 5 months seems to be the sweet spot, three months is the shortest.

So IMO every day that ticks over without a release date, add 4-6 months at least before it will likely be out. Three months at the absolute best. It is NOT going to release within a month or two of being announced. All the data says it isn't.

I'm going either late 2021 or early 2022. 7 is heavily based on Sport so they probably don't need to do much more work on the game engine side. I'd imagine they'll take the time between now and then to fill up the game with as much content as possible and structure it well like older GT games.

I wouldn't expect to see the game within the next 6-9 months. Considering 7's tagline is "Gran Turismo is back", they probably don't want to screw this launch up after so many people walked away after Sport's reveal. Again, Sport wasn't a bad game but they're probably trying their hardest to earn back the attention of those who weren't interested in that premise.

Holiday season 2021 at the latest, so somewhere between September and December.

Last edited:
Noooo... don't say that, mate!

We don't wanna jinx 'em. The odds for a timely release are bad-enough as it is. :lol:

Last edited:
Did you not see that GT7 is going to be released in the first half of 2021? Or do you think it'll get delayed?

Ignoring the specifics of PD and delays remember so far it is only "Anticipated in the first half of 2021". Anticipated is pretty loose, there is no set in stone date at this stage.

Last edited:
Back