Which car are you going to drive for the very first time on Zahara track?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fender_st
  • 397 comments
  • 25,194 views
PD would read this thread and be like
1394011482439.jpg


Fortunately there are the practice sessions...

I didnt know there were any at all... so when i found Out, i immediately thought: i need to stick to my words on this thread: drive a slow car First

I know i said vW bus, then SEAT Ibiza...
But i ended up getting the 2CV !

Looking to do all my practice with the 2CV before doing the rally

This track needs to be savour slowly first...
 
Peugeot Rallye 106 tuned to 500pp... love this little car. Completed the course in just under 10 minutes. :gtpflag:
 
Anyone know why only one practice sector is unlock??
I did the first sector but what about the rest??

Is PD expecting us to run the rally full lap unfamiliariazed and win, before practicing?
 
Last edited:
you only need to complete a full lap to unlock it I believe.
Although I got silver on my first lap, so it may need a bronze or better??

if you take it steady, slow-in, fast-out, plan your overtake carefully,
watch the track map and take note of the gear indicators, a bronze should be a cakewalk on your first run

If you're overthinking it that hard, then you've probably got bigger driving issues


EDIT:

My first drive was in the Fezza in TT mode
and I bought one as my first in free run/ online aswell.
great car, I really like it's slide-ability with SH on both ends too.
 
Had a nice cruise in the BMW Z8 with the top down.

Hope you were playing some coooool music while you did it :sly:

I went left wing and took the Abarth BAT doodah :p

Nice choice, this track is a perfect excuse to use all the classic cars ...
 
EDIT - sorry glitch double post with hotel free wifi - ignore please.
 
Last edited:
I'm sitting here thinking of which car to use...

Maybe my beloved Toyota Ft 86 concept,

I don't know! I'll be sitting here all night thinking and will end up not driving!
 
I took the Pontiac Firebird out first for a straight forward drive.

Then I took out a Countach 25 anniv for a slightly faster drive.

Did both with cockpit view and suffered no problems....though I'm sure IRL I would be reaching for the sick bag!!!:sick:
 
It was a bit annoying that you had to do the rallies before you got to practise. I just did the Ferrari one first, and unlocked everything. I'll drive a 458 I've decided, although the nostalgia of first car is gone :'(
 
I wanted to run the Hommell Berlinette R/S
BUT you can only do one sector ... I expected it to open the next one... (But as you all know! - you have to run the time trial SRF ... (cough Ridge racer) event.

After I did my time in the world of "My name is Kevin - and I drive McLaren in F1 and AI cars for GT6"

I returned to the track and did a nice full lap on Comfort Softs.

The worries I had about the jumps - gone. Nice easy going track- bit too wide - but you can always force yourself to stay on one lane.

(If you do try the Hommell - don't try the Horn... just don't do it)
 
Ryk
I wanted to run the Hommell Berlinette R/S
BUT you can only do one sector ... I expected it to open the next one... (But as you all know! - you have to run the time trial SRF ... (cough Ridge racer) event.

After I did my time in the world of "My name is Kevin - and I drive McLaren in F1 and AI cars for GT6"

I returned to the track and did a nice full lap on Comfort Softs.

The worries I had about the jumps - gone. Nice easy going track- bit too wide - but you can always force yourself to stay on one lane.

(If you do try the Hommell - don't try the Horn... just don't do it)

I did the same thing as you ... but with a Citroen 2CV:

Circuito%20de%20la%20Sierra %20-%20Time %20Rally_41-X2.jpg


And here is wht i learnt... or did not learn...:

The 2CV cant jump...
The 2CV is so slow...
By driving slowly, you are really not learning about the track/route as much as you are actually getting distracted by the view... because you are driving so slowly, you just notice everything else but the road...

It was a mistake driving a slow car with the intention to do a reconnaissance of this circuit...

Pick a slow car ONLy if you are cruising and smellin the flowers...

To learn this track, pick a fun car and have fun... you will learn every curve of Zahara;)

Circuito%20de%20la%20Sierra %20-%20Time %20Rally_28-X2.jpg


For more photos:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ctznoftime-gt6-gallerie.297461/

Thanks
 
Last edited:
First car I drove was the Abarth 500, but once I unlocked it for single player, I immediately took my newly acquired GTR Nismo for a spin and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
 
Did the Abarth challenge like everyone else. After that, I drove a N/A S14 on the track. Good car + Good track = happy me.
 
I used a fully tuned Chevrolet Camaro SS 2010 online.
 
Try it out with the NSX concept, trust me it is a joy.
 
After unlocking Sierra I honestly can't recall the first car I drove. May have been the '57 BMW 507. Most classic cars are fun to drive around this track, but for some reason the '63 Alfa Giulia was memorable (even though it's a standard).
 
Citroën 2CV. Seriously. Unless for some reason it needs to be unlocked by way of a Super Lap.
Did it. First section anyhow. Had to do one of the Rally events to unlock the rest. (Spooky how close I got with that prediction.)
 
The first car I took out on the track after unlocking it via the Abarth event was, as promised, ...



I forgot to pack my picnic basket though...
 
I've now racked up about 1500 miles testing the VGT's at Sierra... Unsurprisingly the FT-1 was the quickest, not sure which I prefer to driver there the most though.
 
Back