Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Xbox

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Concept

(Banned)
If you won a gift card to an electronic store saying that you could get a PS2,Xbox,or GameCube which one would you pick. You have to choose one and tell us why.

I'm all for the PS2, without it, I'd never have played GT3, of FFX, 2 games my life would not have been complete without. :)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
I'm all for the PS2, without it, I'd never have played GT3, of FFX, 2 games my life would not have been complete without. :)

I totally agree with Tom. Except I would add MGS2. I would choose an XBOX though considering I have a PS2. Plus, XBOX will get bigger one day. Give it time is all I have to say.

Originally posted by ViperConcept

I totally agree with Tom. Except I would add MGS2. I would choose an XBOX though considering I have a PS2. Plus, XBOX will get bigger one day. Give it time is all I have to say.

I ommitted MGS2 because it was really short. The games that really last in my mind are the ones that take a monumental effort to complete.
I'd go for my Gamecube over the Xbox though, because so far Halo is the only "must have" Xbox game, and it will be available on the PC soon enough. We'll see if my tune changes with Rallisport on Wednesday though...
But the Gamecube.... I love Super Smash Brothers Melee. It's one of the best games available right now. Plus the GC has a new Mario, Metriod (First person Shooter style), Starfox, The entire Resident Evil Series (Exclusively except for the online game) and ton's of other Nintendo Only Preperties. (which I really enjoy despite the fact that so many people think they are childish. ie less violence)

This poll ... time and again.

If I didn't already own one, I'd pick a PS2. My opinion has nothing to do with the actual consoles, but the companies behind them. I think Sony is doing a pretty good job in the 'all around', and Microsoft pisses me off. Nintendo is a good company, but I'm afraid their time has come and gone.

Since I own a PS2, I would go for an XBox. I'd be getting one of the best consoles ever, and not have to give any of my hard earned money to the Evil Empire (: As for purchasing games ... I guess I'd have a console with no games (:

~LoudMusic

I forgot to mention that I have all 3 already:)

If I couldn't get a Japanese PS2, then i'd get another Xbox and another copy of Halo, that way I can do a 8 player deathmatch:D

Hmmm - have a PS2
Xbox - I hate Microsoft
Gamecube - oooh, proprietory DVD format and more Mario games! Please drill a hole in my head!

Originally posted by vat_man
Hmmm - have a PS2
Xbox - I hate Microsoft
Gamecube - oooh, proprietory DVD format and more Mario games! Please drill a hole in my head!

Dude, I like you more and more every day (not that way you sickos!)

~LoudMusic

I'd pick a Gamecube. I already have a PS2 and my cousin already has an Xbox. Even if he didn't have an Xbox I'd still probably pick the 'Cube. Why you ask? Well, the Gamecube has some pretty nice exclusive titles coming up that I'm excited about, namely Perfect Dark: Zero and Wrestlemania X-8. Besides those 2 titles, I am looking forward to the next Mario and Zelda titles, along with the Resident Evil Series and the already released Super Smash Brothers Melee. Aside from all of that, there are other possible sequels for the Donkey Kong series, Banjo-Kazooie series, Mario-Kart, and Mario Party. Yes I can understand that coming from an older person's point of view these titles do look "kiddy", but to each his own I guess :)

I have all the respect for Nintendo
I wont even talk about Microsoft
But yes I would get me a second PS2 oh ITS TRUE
I would then play GT3 at work OH ITS TRUE

I'd say a ps2 because mainly all my major games are on it except for resident evil which has now made me want to purchase a gamecube but still the ps2 is my choice of machine because its for me the casual gamer though some people like y2tuscan may think that I am keen because of my compulsive fighting game appetite but still I am as casual as the next person

Originally posted by keeno_uk
I'd say a ps2 because mainly all my major games are on it except for resident evil which has now made me want to purchase a gamecube but still the ps2 is my choice of machine because its for me the casual gamer though some people like y2tuscan may think that I am keen because of my compulsive fighting game appetite but still I am as casual as the next person
Man i agree with you on the resident evil and gamecube. Now i want to get the gamecube just because of that game being moved. But ill have to chose my PS2 just because as of right now im happy with. :P

I'll take the X-Box because I already have the others. I wonder if the question was if we didn't own any of them already? If that was the case then the PS2 would be the choice. I perfer playstation products.

Currently the PS2 has the most games that appeal to me.

Perhaps when xbox get some more good titles I'll go and get one.

Hey has anyone heard about rallysport challenge for xbox?
It looked kinda cool.

Hey - what's the caper with attachments for the X-Box - I don't suppose there's any chance of hooking a USB steering wheel up to it (as if...)

I voted wrong. I voted as if I didn't have PS2 and thought which would I buy. Well, then I'd buy PS2. Now, after already having PS2, i'd by gamecube becuase my girlfriend would like to play it and because I hate Bill Gates.

As many have said, if I didn't already own a PS2, thats what I would choose. Right now, seeing as i've got a PS2, I'd have to choose the Xbox, because I think it could be better than the GameCube (which isn't out over here yet).

<shrug> I've got an X-box, and the PS2...

But, doing it again, I'd still pick the X-box. It (in theory) has the power to surpass any of the other systems.

Basically, I bought my PS2 strictly for GT3 and GTA3. Now, GTA3 is comin' out for the Xbox so there goes that advantage.

But, I'm an indecisive SOB, so I'd buy 'em both again.
hehehe

I'd been waiting ages, I had the choice and last week i bought a PS2.

I have only one thing to say on the matter of Xbox, I have worked in IT for 15 years and so feel qualified to make the next statement "**** you Gates, won't do what you tell me!"

I pick option D, "all of the above"....

But if I had to choose, it would be the PS2. :)

i have the PS2, it is a very good console and i love Sony?
but i have just played the Xbox for the 1st time, Gotham Racing and Halo :thumbsup: ....2 very good games in their own right.....and after playing for a couple of hours i think i need both machines aaarrrgghhh!!!!!!!!, what shall i do? :confused:

I picked the Xbox because a wide variety of PS2 games come out on computer, then again, probably half of the Xbox ones will anyway...

i chose ps2 cause it has gt3, gta3 and final fantasy 8, but there will be more masterpieces from the UNSTOPPABLE PS2!
😈

Its definitely between the Xbox and PS2 basically cuz I own both systems. I would have to say the PS2 for now til I get some more games for my Xbox.

Back