Which GT has the best menu, in your opinion?

• Thread starter o000o
  • 16 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
And also tell your reasons here. I think please hold off your nostalgia reasons here.
Maybe even better to elaborate in specific menus too (like Arcade menu, dealer menu, etc.)

I guess Gran Turismo 3 as it was simple to navigate while still having the nice appearance like the other classic GT titles. I liked how the classic GTs had that map design as it made the games stand out in the crowd. Plus, it gave me the feeling I was traveling over the world.

I guess Gran Turismo 3 as it was simple to navigate while still having the nice appearance like the other classic GT titles. I liked how the classic GTs had that map design as it made the games stand out in the crowd. Plus, it gave me the feeling I was traveling over the world.
The menu is one of the few improvements that GTS has to offer.
Kaz said the reason of not implementing world map again....as for GTS, the menu was based on websites and XMB (Xross Media Bar) on the Playstation’s home menu. He said “Right now we have a very well organised menu and top menu, but if we’d placed all the features you see in the menus into a map format, I think they [players] would have felt it to be the exact same thing we had in the past,”

I always dig the map ones tbh...for that reason (feel like travelling the world and stand out from others) although actually, they've abandoned world map since GT5. GT3 has less detailed map than GT2, but the menus have icons on them unlike GT1/GT2 (which were mostly same icons).

Last edited:
Kaz said the reason of not implementing world map again....as for GTS, the menu was based on websites and XMB (Xross Media Bar) on the Playstation’s home menu. He said “Right now we have a very well organised menu and top menu, but if we’d placed all the features you see in the menus into a map format, I think they [players] would have felt it to be the exact same thing we had in the past,”
Thanks, but I didn't ask why (nor do I really care).

Before GTS, GT5 Prologue's menus were the best-looking for me. You had the camera panning all over your current car in various locations on the main menu, plus the garage shots in the Arcade Mode menu and the general snazzy backgrounds on the rest of the menus. Combined with the jazz/lounge music, it all felt like I was living the luxurious life of a rich car enthusiast or something.

I'm glad they went back to this style in GTS, especially after the boring lackluster menus that were GT6's. >_>

The GT Mode menu was definitely fun in GT4, but it wasn't what you call classy or elegant. That is why I like the GT Sport menu screen.

Before GTS, GT5 Prologue's menus were the best-looking for me. You had the camera panning all over your current car in various locations on the main menu, plus the garage shots in the Arcade Mode menu and the general snazzy backgrounds on the rest of the menus. Combined with the jazz/lounge music, it all felt like I was living the luxurious life of a rich car enthusiast or something.

I'm glad they went back to this style in GTS, especially after the boring lackluster menus that were GT6's. >_>
So what people like apparently is the car artwork/camera in the menu, that's why people like the menus of GT3, GT5P (here), and GTS. Kind of the one where the menu is very small, but most of the screen is used to show the car artwork/camera. Sorry, but I think that's more rating the car artworks instead of the menu.

BTW, didn't GT5 also implement this? On the main menu I mean. And GT5P's dealership is mostly the same as GT5's (obviously lol).

The GT Mode menu was definitely fun in GT4, but it wasn't what you call classy or elegant. That is why I like the GT Sport menu screen.
I think that describes more to GT3, it's fun because it's fast and has easy access, but it's not neat IMO for the whole background switching theme. GT4 still had some elegance IMO (being modernized version of GT1-GT3 menu).

Oh if we are bringing delearship music into it then there's clearly only one winner.

Very nostalgic, even though I was never around to play the original Gran Turismo. Must be that great if I'm nostalgic over a memory I never lived through. Same goes for all of the menu music to be honest.
Plus it's amazing how they made music for individual manufacturers, rather than having just one for the Dealerships!

Best arcade menu : GT3. Probably the coolest menu ever for me.

Best dealership menu : GT1 or GT5. The first one for the unique combination of music and pics, the latter for its elegance.

GT3 just for the sake of simplicity and how fast it is to navigate. Oh and the part where you'll choose a track in Arcade Mode and then a replay of that track is shown is my favorite.

GTS on the other hand is just elegant, smooth, and showing off different stuff like Scapes photos, Museum topics, different car showcases like the one where the car will travel through a forest like area, etc. is just the icing on the cake. So yeah it's either GT3 or GTS for me.

UI: GT Sport

UX: Not GT Sport.

I can't understand why PD didn't implement a "long press" to go directly to the home page (from a dealership or a race in GT League).

The loading times makes it even more boring.

Back