Which is your best position in online events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scirocco1996
  • 33 comments
  • 2,397 views
Messages
19
Spain
Barcelona, Catalonia
Messages
r6-scirocco
My best is 284 position in the event of the M4 coupe in willow springs
I think i did 1.21.500 or so
And you?
 
I really don't bother with them to try and get a fast time, just get the gold and move on. The position would depend on when I ran it compared to everyone else. In the BMW I ran 2 laps with SRF off and got gold easily then moved on to the next race.

On a different note I did try on Forza since those boards stay online they seemed more worth while. My best position was #1 in several occasions.
 
^ Same- Forza I tried on as it was worthwhile, GT6 I don't bother, just get gold for the cash and prizes. I don't even look at my ranking.
 
Somewhere around 260-280 in the Scirocco.
 
In GT5 my best one was 14th .

In GT6 , I'm usually in the top 500-5000 , using non oil changed stock cars (stock tyres) , ABS1 brake balance adjustments , no SRF.
Golded every Seasonal TT so far.
 
In GT5 my best one was 14th .

In GT6 , I'm usually in the top 500-5000 , using non oil changed stock cars (stock tyres) , ABS1 brake balance adjustments , no SRF.
Golded every Seasonal TT so far.
Wow!
14th in which challenge?
 
It was a 750pp Time Trial at Cape Ring Outside (Periphery) , car of choise was a FGT .
 
http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?online_id=tha-ghoast

When I was actually chasing the leaderboard, the best I've gotten was 8th in GT5. The tuning kinda turns me off of time trials since i'm not really good at it. Had a few top 10s and top 5s in GT5 Prologue, those were more fun because all cars were stock. Would be great if they somehow managed to implement this in GT6.
 
When I´m the first doing an online event I would be the first. Normally I end up around 10k-ish position without chasing the leaderboard. Fame is much overrated. :lol: Gold is a must though.
 
36th in the M4 Willow Springs challenge, I've given up with leaderboard times now so just settle for gold and move on.

I did manage to hold 1st position on the GT5 SLS AMG Top Gear time trial for about 30 seconds, 10 minutes after it started but then tumbled down the leaderboard. According to MyGranTurismo.net I came 74th in an event using the Nissan Leaf which I don't remember but it was my best finish on that game.
 
On Forza 3 I managed to hold the #1 time in A class on Motegi Speedway for about 2 weeks. That was the best I have managed to date. I have had lots fo top times but most of them do not stand at #1 for long.

One of my proudest times [lasted only a few minutes and was posted during the first week] My buddy and I ran a race on Nurburgring on Forza 4 and came away with #1 and #2 time slots in D Class using muscle cars.

Anyway the boards on GT only stay active for like 2 weeks, I am a bit amazed at how good some of the times are that some post in that period. I guess some people just devote a lot of time to the time trials when they first appear. Seeing that the times will be removed in 30 days it just seems like a waste of time to me.
 
On Forza 3 I managed to hold the #1 time in A class on Motegi Speedway for about 2 weeks. That was the best I have managed to date. I have had lots fo top times but most of them do not stand at #1 for long.

One of my proudest times [lasted only a few minutes and was posted during the first week] My buddy and I ran a race on Nurburgring on Forza 4 and came away with #1 and #2 time slots in D Class using muscle cars.

Anyway the boards on GT only stay active for like 2 weeks, I am a bit amazed at how good some of the times are that some post in that period. I guess some people just devote a lot of time to the time trials when they first appear. Seeing that the times will be removed in 30 days it just seems like a waste of time to me.
+1
How people can do 10 seconds less in only 2 weeks? Haha it's a bit difficult
 
My best time when I was trying my best in gt5 was 1st, but only for a few hours after the event came out lol. I took a picture of it which I still have somewhere :D. In gt6 my lowest is something like 3000 with ds3 on the current the 86 trial mountain seasonal, but thats with a stock car with less than 10 tries. I'm a horrible tuner and I was curious so I watched the replays of the 1st place its clear the car is heavily tuned.

+1
How people can do 10 seconds less in only 2 weeks? Haha it's a bit difficult

Most of these people tend to be extremely good at following the best lines of least resistance and they are always using a wheel and probably great setup, . They do it over and over again and inch their way down making time anywhere possible, and if they can tune the car do do it to maximise speed at any opportunity increment by increment.

To be honest I am amazed how good they are when I watch their replays.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps if the time trail was on a track I really enjoy and in a car I also really enjoy then I would run a few laps and try to post a good time but as they stand they are just so limited and I have yet to see one that used a car/track/tire compound I actually wanted to use.

They really need to open this up so we can post times on every track, in any car and with any tire compound and leave them online indefinitely
 
Somewhere around 999999....
 
My best is 2003 on the kart space TT with a ds3 controller. I have now got my wheel out again. Looking forward to gt academy this year.
 
My best leaderboard TT placement is/was 536th in Jaguar XKR-S Super Lap at Rome.
My best leaderboard TT placement is/was 326th in High End Performance G37 Super Lap at Streets of Willow.
 
Last edited:
I got 14th once right after the event came out, but I ended up at around 1000th
 
My best leaderboard TT placement is 536th in Jaguar XKR-S Super Lap at Rome.

Nice, last I checked, I was in the 600's for that event.

I don't usually pay attention to the leaderboards. The competition is really only between me and my PSN friends (all people I know IRL), but it becomes competitive enough that at least 3 of us typically end up in the top 2000s just because we try to beat each other, not the world ranking.
 
I had a number of top 20's in GT5, with a best finish of 12th IIRC.

I think I finished mid 20's in the Integrale TT at Tsukuba and last time I checked I was 20th in the current GT86 Seasonal at Trial Mountain. I would expect to get in the top 50 of any event I made a proper effort at!
 
So far on GT6 my best is in the 250ish range (can't remember exactly) in the Tsukuba seasonal with the Lancia. That was a half decent effort for me in terms of time I put in. Like others, it's hard for me to get to into these things and run them as hard as I might because they'll be gone in a few weeks. Especially since I know I'm handicapping myself off the start by not having a wheel.

On Forza the highest I've held is #1 in multiple places. In FM2 I had at one time 20 #1 times and could have had more with more motivation. Of course, all of them ended up getting beat. But did hold one for over a year and it was only very late in the game with a new car and build that it was taken down. Also held the #1 overall ranking in career and exhibition modes for extended periods of time.

Seems like I say this in every post...but please PD..give us some permanent LB's in the community update.:bowdown:
 
On-line TTs were my favourite part of GT5. I'm not particularly fast, I'd usually be in the top 1000 and occasionally top 500, but I always enjoyed seeing how well I could do against the top guys and trying out their tunes. I'm not interested in driving with srf, so in GT6 it's just been a case of doing enough to get the prize car if there is one. If they disable srf in the future I'll be having a go again.
 
i'd pay attn if SRF vs non-SRF were separate but they're not, so i don't care -- get a gold and move on.

Same here, and it seems like most of the people at the pointy end of the leaderboards cut corners or cheat in some way so I don't put in value in my ranking. I also only drive cars "stock" so by doing that I've already eliminated myself from contention. I have like 2 people on my friends list that I make a minimal effort to beat but if it takes more than a few laps I just collect my prizes and move on. To me, they are just chores that need to be done in order to collect monies.
 
Last time I checked the GT6 NSX seasonal, I was 2nd (read my sigi ;) )
Might of changed though, hopefully not! ;)
I keep trying until I get below the top 500 in each TT, but I aren't the best driver and can't do that sometimes;)
 
14th in the second M4 event. Of course, that was less than an hour after they released them, and a Japanese dude already was like 15 seconds ahead of gold, I think (awesome way to waste your life!). Don't know what time I did since I just look for gold to get the money and forget the event even exists. I have a game to play :D

Most of the times I don't even pay attention to what place I get, but in average I'm between 800th and 1600th. The best times I would say I get them with stock cars. In free tuned car events I always end up really bad.

DS3. Dual Analogs.
 
Last edited:
I was at 134 for a day or 2 on the 15AE TT at Brands Hatch for a day or two but not sure where I ended. Prob somewhere near 172,635 lol. Other than that probably GTA2013 (counts for GT6 sort of right?) Where I was somewhere around 4,200 globally and 466 U.S.

What I would really like to see is a country list like GT Academy or even better, regional.
 
Last edited:
Seems like I say this in every post...but please PD..give us some permanent LB's in the community update.:bowdown:

personally I think its better with new TT every fortnight as opposed to some stale stagnant L B that hangs around forever
 
Back