Which is your best position in online events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scirocco1996
  • 33 comments
  • 2,397 views
personally I think its better with new TT every fortnight as opposed to some stale stagnant L B that hangs around forever
Really? A TT system that restricts you to one track and a single car then gets deleted after a few weeks is somehow better than a board that allows for all cars and all tracks and stays around for the long haul?

I could not disagree more. The notion that we do not have a full and complete leaderboard system is just mind boggling in a 21st century online racing game. This needs to be included ASAP and should have been in GT5 from day one.

The TTs as are do not even let you know how good you do as they only compare your times to those who drove them in the first two weeks and it should be clear that many of us who do run them make very little effort to get better than gold time on them. We need something much more than this.

Of course leaving the TTs are are would be ok but only if they add some system aside from these that will give us a full and complete range for all cars and all tracks.
 
Really? A TT system that restricts you to one track and a single car then gets deleted after a few weeks is somehow better than a board that allows for all cars and all tracks and stays around for the long haul?

I could not disagree more. The notion that we do not have a full and complete leaderboard system is just mind boggling in a 21st century online racing game. This needs to be included ASAP and should have been in GT5 from day one.

The TTs as are do not even let you know how good you do as they only compare your times to those who drove them in the first two weeks and it should be clear that many of us who do run them make very little effort to get better than gold time on them. We need something much more than this.

Of course leaving the TTs are are would be ok but only if they add some system aside from these that will give us a full and complete range for all cars and all tracks.
It never fails to amaze me how PD can get some things so right and be ahead of the console racing curve over the years but fail so miserably to capitalize on cheap, simple ways to create more playability. Even something as simple as having a single track for each TT every two weeks, but multiple car/tire/aids/tuning level combinations. At the very least everyone would play them at least long enough to grab the dough but I'm sure with enough variations and combinations more people would find something closer to their level of interest and spend more time with the game.

Seeing as how I've yet to use SRF in a TT I can't even crack the top 1000. My target is top 2000 and I rarely spend more than an hour on a TT, usually much less than that although if I'm going to post a tune I will run a few shorter stints to iron things out. In GT5 I think I cracked the top 100 twice and I think it took me about 2 hours each time to do so.
 
Really? A TT system that restricts you to one track and a single car then gets deleted after a few weeks is somehow better than a board that allows for all cars and all tracks and stays around for the long haul?

I could not disagree more. The notion that we do not have a full and complete leaderboard system is just mind boggling in a 21st century online racing game. This needs to be included ASAP and should have been in GT5 from day one.

The TTs as are do not even let you know how good you do as they only compare your times to those who drove them in the first two weeks and it should be clear that many of us who do run them make very little effort to get better than gold time on them. We need something much more than this.

Of course leaving the TTs are are would be ok but only if they add some system aside from these that will give us a full and complete range for all cars and all tracks.

Agreed 👍

I kept expecting GT5P style leader boards to pop up in GT5, but they never came :(

Personally, I'd love to see them come back - stock cars, no tuning, no SRF.
 
I don't like Time Trials. If I do them, I just gold it & move on. I've even been known to turn SRF on just to clear them if I find a particular combo boring. :p
 
Back